NEurope
EchoDesiato

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

Nintendo confirmed them when they anounced WW. It was only speculated before that.

I can't ever remember nintendo ever saying that. :wtf:

Do you have any sources.

If they did confirm it that gives them a place to put tp without messing everything up timeline wise

If there was why doesn't it show what happens to the adult link at the end of oot.
They do though, that's Majora Mask. Adult link ceases to exist; and thus hero of time ceases to exist in the future, with the road of time closed, although the legend remains.

Adult Zelda can't go back because she lived those 7 years, unlike Link who was unprisioned 7 years in the Temple of Light. Link can travel back between time, Adult Zelda can't.

Well it can't take place at Adult Zelda timeline because if TP happens a few decades after OOT,it was generations untill the flood happened.

Mini Timeline for Adult Zelda:

I ---/- II -------------(Generations)------------ III -------(Not Known)------- IV

I - OOT events.

II - Twilight Princess events.

III- Great Flood

IV- WW events.

'-' represents roughly about a decade.

I still don't believe there are alternate timelines. If there was why doesn't it show what happens to the adult link at the end of oot.

You just don't want to believe, it's more than clear that there are alternate timelines.

EDIT: Have at thee!

scan_nintendo_mag_uk_01.jpg

scan_nintendo_mag_uk_02.jpg

scan_nintendo_mag_uk_03.jpg

scan_nintendo_mag_uk_04.jpg

EDIT2: Absolutely nothing new in those scans, but wtvr.

Uhhh, just a few qs. Does Zelda exist in both timelines? Why did she have to atone for her sins?

That's all I'm not getting.

The people in the legends also seemed to be aware that link could travel through time. That confuses the hell out of me.

I don't know where im going with this but could someone explain that.

i just started playing the minish cap again, i really love that game.

Cant wait for TP, just so i can spend an hour or so riding around on the horse.

I'm gonna see if that badboy horse actually does take 45 minutes to cross Hyrule.

Hopefully it'll be similar to the horse riding in Shadow of the Colossus, that was great.

Shigsy!! Please post on this thread! We need some answers.

I think not even him knows how to answer our questions.

I can't ever remember nintendo ever saying that. :wtf:

Do you have any sources.

They never explained the storyline in layman terms like that.

But I think he slightly confirmed it in a interview, yet I'm to lazy to look it up.

The thing is OoT created two realities, you have one adventure with child link that takes place after OoT, but where the adult ending never happened (it happened to link though) but no other character is aware of it (not even child zelda), it all returned to nothing.

And you have adventures that take place after the adult ending and where Hero of time ceased to exist because he was sent back.

That more than prooves the various timelines theory, sure if Nintendo wanted they could link them, putting a road between them or whatever, it's a land of fantasy, but why doing so?

Well it can't take place at Adult Zelda timeline because if TP happens a few decades after OOT,it was generations untill the flood happened.

Mini Timeline for Adult Zelda:

I ---/- II -------------(Generations)------------ III -------(Not Known)------- IV

I - OOT events.

II - Twilight Princess events.

III- Great Flood

IV- WW events.

'-' represents roughly about a decade.

Exactly, but TP and the flood should be in the same decade, as this Zelda seems to tell what happened to hyrule, it will have a dark storyline.

Also I wouldn't put my hand on the decade thing between OoT and TP. could be anywhere from 10/20 years to 50 (or more).

Uhhh, just a few qs. Does Zelda exist in both timelines? Why did she have to atone for her sins?

That's all I'm not getting.

She exists, just like every other character, other than link. Zelda lived those 7 years after link being imprisioned, thus there is a zelda of the past and a zelda of the future, link can exist and travel between both realities because he took a diferent path.

As for atoning to her sins, that's basically what she says at the end of OoT, she is the one to blame for Link to open the temple of time, door to the triforce, sword of time and road of time. She's making it up to link sending him back, but she can't go.

Not only because she lived those 7 years, but also because she has to take responsability to her people, she is a princess after all.

The people in the legends also seemed to be aware that link could travel through time. That confuses the hell out of me.

I don't know where im going with this but could someone explain that.

I don't know if they were aware of that, it depends on how the story was told, still they prayed for his return and that was impossible in the end.
Shigsy!! Please post on this thread! We need some answers.

I think not even him knows how to answer our questions.

We are not talking about zeldas who have no relation with each other (they exist), but zeldas who have direct links between them.

They never explained the storyline in layman terms like that.

But I think he slightly confirmed it in a interview, yet I'm to lazy to look it up.

Ah well. More speculating for us I guess.

Exactly, but TP and the flood should be in the same decade, as this Zelda seems to tell what happened to hyrule, it will have a dark storyline.

Also I wouldn't put my hand on the decade thing between OoT and TP. could be anywhere from 10/20 years to 50 (or more).

I agree with you there but if what Aonuma is true and it is only a few decades after OOT,the WW intro says generations later (which is more than a few decades) so it doesn't match up.

Oh the specualtion and confusion,when this comes out we'll be laughing about all this :heh:

Wouldn't there be a big time lapse between Hyrule being flooded and the beginning of The Wind Waker though?

Even with the annecdotes that there are, I still don't think Nintendo actually design any of the Zelda games with a story line in mind. To me those mentions seem to be only to please the fans. Same goes for interviewers answers. It's just like when Aonuma or Shigsy said that it ran on the WW engine. Later they said that they could really say that as the engine was so far removed from the original that calling them the same would simply be a lie.

Doing that in Shadow of the Colossus has kinda put me off...

Unless the world is really diverse I will be on horseback or Wolf.

On horse back it takes 45 mins. How long do you think it would take walking. :wtf:

i just started playing the minish cap again, i really love that game.

Cant wait for TP, just so i can spend an hour or so riding around on the horse.

I think the game is the most underrated Zelda game ever. It's brilliant, if a little short. Really clever ideas in it, yet NGamer gave it 81%. I'm on the final dungeon, which is uber-hard. I think I'm near the end, but I don't know what to do.

I think the game is the most underrated Zelda game ever. It's brilliant, if a little short. Really clever ideas in it, yet NGamer gave it 81%. I'm on the final dungeon, which is uber-hard. I think I'm near the end, but I don't know what to do.

It was extremely short for a Zelda game but it was still worth more than 81%. I loved the Bear Claw item though and I hope to see its return in some future Zelda game.

Even with the annecdotes that there are, I still don't think Nintendo actually design any of the Zelda games with a story line in mind. To me those mentions seem to be only to please the fans. Same goes for interviewers answers. It's just like when Aonuma or Shigsy said that it ran on the WW engine. Later they said that they could really say that as the engine was so far removed from the original that calling them the same would simply be a lie.
engine has nothing to do with storyline though.

As for planning, sure, they don't start doing a Zelda game with a already defined and previously written story, but they ought to know where they want to go, and evolve over it.

It's clear that they link their mainstory games now, but it's also clear that they don't want to go and get excuses to fit other games that simply don't belong. Natural thing to do IMO.

Aonuma revealed there have been a few timelines over the past two decades of Zelda. There have been several variations of a single timeline theory that held up until Ocarina of Time came out, in which either A Link to the Past was before the NES games, or after. But after Ocarina of Time came out, the ending of the game threw a curve ball to the creators. You see, before A Link to the Past, the story was made up as an afterthought. Then Kensuke Tanabe was brought on as the scenario writer for A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening, and the story of the games became more dynamic, even though they've never been on par with hardcore RPGs like Final Fantasy.

With Ocarina of Time's release, the development team deciced to make a huge document that somehow connected the Zelda games together, albeit in more than one way. There are several versions and revisions in this documentation, and it still isn't exactly finalized. While it took the ending of Ocarina of Time to get the Zelda team to care about the timeline more than the in-game stories, it took The Wind Waker to really juxtapose how big of a deal just how many timelines, let alone how many ways the games fit together, there really are. Aonuma admits that his remarks in an interview before The Wind Waker's release in Japan were meant to convey "two timelines". At that point, there was a great debate over whether the ending of Ocarina of Time should spawn off many timelines, or if there should just be one.

After seeing fans' reactions to The Wind Waker and the heated timeline debates, Eiji decided he would begin to make the timeline a bit more clear to fans with each successive installment. He still insists that Four Swords Adventures and The Minish Cap have great importance to the timeline, even though at one point they (the Four Swords games) were in their own little timeline with Oracles. So, what the heck is the timeline as of now? Brace yourselves. There really isn't a comprehensive timeline at this moment connecting all the games because Eiji and company are working on "fixing" the timeline so it can make sense, yet keep its mysterious allure. The goal is to clear up the existing games, but to also leave fans wondering what could happen in the future. He also acknowledges that there are gaps to be filled that could be explained in future installments. But if anything is clear from our talk, the timeline is still chaotic at best, and it is going to take some time before much sense can be made of it. But for those of you looking for something solid, Eiji simply points to the release of Twilight Princess. He insists it will bring closure to Ocarina of Time's ending, and perhaps tie it to another recent title which is the source of much confusion (The Wind Waker). Patience is a virtue in the realm of Hyrule, and Eiji asks fans to wait just a bit longer.

Source: http://www.zhq2.com/eiji_exclusive_part1.shtml

Ok, I think I prooven my point :)

Multiple timelines=yes.

Story is linked=yes

^_^

At least every main story Zelda released after OoT has a link to it.

yeah i think thats the end. the end took me ages to complete i couldnt defeat Vaati. but then i idid it and i was so relieved.

It was extremely short for a Zelda game but it was still worth more than 81%. I loved the Bear Claw item though and I hope to see its return in some future Zelda game.

It was really short, cant believe it didnt get higher than 81%!!

just got the first element, andi realy believe graphics like this are really great, i love colourful pixelated graphics. Ill probably play this until TP comes, if i finish before then i my start WW again, or play some OOT n my cube. get me in the mood.

I doubt there's much story behind most of the Zeldas. Nintendo seems to have taken a random storyline except for the 3D Zeldas. Ocarina of Time is quite obviously linked with both Majora's Mask and the Wind Waker, but the other Zeldas don't have that at all.

It's nice to see all the speculation though, some fans go nuts on this.

I doubt there's much story behind most of the Zeldas. Nintendo seems to have taken a random storyline except for the 3D Zeldas. Ocarina of Time is quite obviously linked with both Majora's Mask and the Wind Waker, but the other Zeldas don't have that at all.

It's nice to see all the speculation though, some fans go nuts on this.

Indeed, only after OoT they saw that storyline was that important, but OoT started as a aLttP prequel so it has some kind of link to it, just like link's awakening has some link to it, and the 4 swords adventures (according to aonuma). It's just not explained.

But linking NES Zeldas brings no advantage for Nintendo, storytelling back then is not up to today's standard, it would feel forced... Just like other zeldas not meant to be part of the storyline, ther

They are really working on storyline now, to link these new titles together, that's only possible though, because they thing of what while they develop them.

Hopefully it'll be similar to the horse riding in Shadow of the Colossus, that was great.

Hope not, it didn't control that well. Yeah it's supposed to be realistic. "You're not controlling the horse, but the reins!". Screw that, I want simple, intuitive and responsive controls.

yea the horse in shadow of the colossus wasnt great. it didnt bother me but it couldve controlled much better