NEurope
EchoDesiato

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

I doubt I could ever play a game that is longer than 30 hours.

This doesn't mean I'd never play a game for longer than 30 hours though; just that anything longer for the main crux of the game is just too damn long, and the length would probably see drops in consistency of gameplay.

Look at OOT, MM, WW. Looking back, they all seem like long games to me, but when I think about it. They were probably 30 hours games to see Ganon finished/smash Majoras Mask.

Perfect length, didn't get bored, and never felt...'God, when is this gonna end'; the sort of feeling you get with say Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest. The fact I enjoyed it so much meant that I was then willing to invest time in it to find every secret and collect every item, thus gaining the extra 20 or so hours hidden in the game.

I'm opposite of you. I want a game that would take forever to beat. When I play a Zelda game that I've waited years for and it ends in like 3-4 days, that's disappointing. I want a game that would take as long to beat as it would to make. I want a game you can play 5 hours a day and it would still take you 3 years to beat. I know a long game though, Tales of Symphonia...over 80 hours and I've heard Tales of Phantasia is super long even though iv never played it for SNES but I'm getting it for GBA. And as far as Final Fantasy games, I'm not into them, especially when I gave FFCC a chance and was disappointed to find out that it's impossible to beat as a single player. you have to have like 3 friends with you to beat the damn game and I don't have 3 people to help me beat my games most of the time. so that sucks.

I'm opposite of you. I want a game that would take forever to beat. When I play a Zelda game that I've waited years for and it ends in like 3-4 days, that's disappointing. I want a game that would take as long to beat as it would to make. I want a game you can play 5 hours a day and it would still take you 3 years to beat.

Someone has to say this;

If that is what you want, then seriously, you need to get a life; anyone with nearly that amount of free time to pour into a game seriously needs to get out more.

Even in the peak of my WW enjoyment, I was playing it for like an hour or so a day.

Oh, you say you've been waiting years for TP. Not really, there have been plenty of Zelda games between WW and TP. If you want to know pain, then you would really have had to been a Zelda fan way back in the beginning. The ALTTP>OOT wait almost killed me. 5 Godamn years.

Tales of Symphonia says 80+ hours on the box but I completed it in less than half that time with a substantial amout of the side quests done. With games that boast a massive play time I halve it to get the real amount.

Someone has to say this;

If that is what you want, then seriously, you need to get a life; anyone with nearly that amount of free time to pour into a game seriously needs to get out more.

Even in the peak of my WW enjoyment, I was playing it for like an hour or so a day.

Oh, you say you've been waiting years for TP. Not really, there have been plenty of Zelda games between WW and TP. If you want to know pain, then you would really have had to been a Zelda fan way back in the beginning. The ALTTP>OOT wait almost killed me. 5 Godamn years.

Excuse you! I said 5 hours a day! that's not too much! you still would have a life! you go to school till like 3 PM then if you have a job to maybe 4-8 then when you come home u play a game from like 9 to 1 and go to bed! plus I DID have to wait 5 years for a zelda game! OOT > WW it took 5 years for a sequel, a game that actually showed the desendents Ganon was talking about when he said I will exterminate your desendents!

Excuse you! I said 5 hours a day! that's not too much! you still would have a life! you go to school till like 3 PM then if you have a job to maybe 4-8 then when you come home u play a game from like 9 to 1 and go to bed! plus I DID have to wait 5 years for a zelda game! OOT > WW it took 5 years for a sequel, a game that actually showed the desendents Ganon was talking about when he said I will exterminate your desendents!

No; you had Majoras Mask and the oracle games in between. They are zelda games remember, and don't give me bs about them not carrying on the story; that isn't what we're discussing here. ALTTP>OOT had nothing.

Oh and doing school>work>games is not a life.

You're beeing picky :p

I'm with zeldafan on this one, the bigger the better (yes I don't have a life at the moment). Yeah I know, 100 hours is too much, but this one is supposed to be the biggest Zelda game ever, with more dungeons and side quests. Probably it will be around 60 hours.

On another subject, after the recent news, I believe even more that TP will be a Revolution game, and that the only reason we don't see more movies/pics of it, it's because they updated the graphics for the Revo.

You're beeing picky :p

I'm with zeldafan on this one, the bigger the better (yes I don't have a life at the moment). Yeah I know, 100 hours is too much, but this one is supposed to be the biggest Zelda game ever, with more dungeons and side quests. Probably it will be around 60 hours.

On another subject, after the recent news, I believe even more that TP will be a Revolution game, and that the only reason we don't see more movies/pics of it, it's because they updated the graphics for the Revo.

Thankyou! someone actually agrees with me! lol and 100 isn't too much! it's perfect, but about TP being for Revolution, I can't understand why you believe that when it's been confirmed in that interview with Reggie that the game is aimed for gamecube, it will only be backwards compatable with the Revolution like how GBA games are with the DS. And to you Masaki, the oracle games arent even real Zelda games. theyre like the CDi shit...I 've beat ALL zelda games EXCEPT the oracle and cdi shit ones! so really I

ve beat all the real Zelda games.

i whould be happy if it was arround 20 hours it whould still take me 40-60 hours or more over the year to finish it, if i finish it.

Clearly someone has too much time on there hands!

Hehehe

And theres many more!

http://www.youtube.com/results?search=Zelda+Parody+&search_type=search_videos&search=Search

ahahaha XD good post...

As of my opinion on the matter, games have their lifespan, I mean... Ocarina of Time with 100 hours of game to complete the main sidequest could be dull... because it is a 30 hour game, would they do the same cutscene events and just get you to spend 3 times the original time you would spent? how could you fill that time without getting tedious?

but it's all a matter of getting that lifespan right... RE4 takes 15 hours and finishes just when you think "wow this was quite a adventure, time to finish it", adding extra gameplay from there would be stupid.

If they really builded TP to be a 100, 75 or 50 hour main-quest game it's all good as long as it feels right...

Just remember, it'll 'take 100 hours with all the side quests' which could mean anything from a 50/50 split to a 70/30 split in favour of side quests.

And to you Masaki, the oracle games arent even real Zelda games. theyre like the CDi shit...I 've beat ALL zelda games EXCEPT the oracle and cdi shit ones! so really I

ve beat all the real Zelda games.

Please, leave and die. Ypu post bullshit, and this is the proof that your posts are generally wank.

The oracle games are zelda. The oracle games are canon. The oracle games>than you.

I know! Oracle of Ages ranks up there with OOT imho. Brilliant game, and really feels like a handheld version of ocarina.

Please, leave and die. Ypu post bullshit, and this is the proof that your posts are generally wank.

- Remain friendly and civil at all times. Be helpful when possible. Treat others the way you would like to be treated.

I think you should leave if you're going to speak to people like that.

It has been quoted to be aiming to be of an around about length of 70 hours before Nintendo delayed the release for Revolution controller extras.

So, looking at these facts we can say it should be around 70 hours. will it be longer due to the extra time spent developing it? Maybe... though you have to take into account that they have been putting alot of work into adding the extra features which might not be an extension of the quest itself.

Its all moo to be honest though. What does it matter? The game will rock, 70 hours or 100 hours. 70 hours is a bloody feat in itself! Damn greedy arnt you!

I think you should leave if you're going to speak to people like that.

Who are you mate??

Fine' I'll hold my tongue, but if I hear word of 'I cant wait for it to be 100 hours long; it should be 2000' i'm gonna snap.

Who are you mate??

I'm someone who is offended by you telling someone to leave and die. Who are you?

Personally, I believe that if Nintendo say it will last 100 hours then it will last 100 hours. I don't mind if it's more or less as long as the storyline keeps me interested all the way through.

I don't mind Zeldafan2020, keep posting lad!

So he's got a lot of enthusiasm about Zelda and he lets us know of that. I don't see how he's actually offended anyone, if his posts have annoyed you somehow then choose not to read them, simple as that.

He's got passion and there's nothing wrong with that!

I don't mind Zeldafan2020, keep posting lad!

So he's got a lot of enthusiasm about Zelda and he lets us know of that. I don't see how he's actually offended anyone, if his posts have annoyed you somehow then choose not to read them, simple as that.

He's got passion and there's nothing wrong with that!

Seconded on that mate.