NEurope
EchoDesiato

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

Graphics doesn't make a game! At least not a complete one! Can't people see that? I can't believe that i just heard that people don't know if they woulb buy this game cause is not nex-gen graphics. This game is beautifuly visually, that i really do not understand that! If you don't want to buy because Zelda doesn't say nothing to you, i respect that. But don't say it becaus it's not nex-gen graphics. This is probably the best game ever. Just think about it! And no, i'm not talking with all my hype. I'm talking with facts!

I dont want to miss it since im a fan of Zelda....:horse:

but its a fact that some of you cant accept the thruth...CGI?

Dude, Zelda is Zelda. Doesn't matter if is CGI or not! This game is beautiful! It's not good just because it don't have graphics nex-gen?Let's see.... everybody love it RE4, at least almost of people did, it was awesome visually! The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is a lot more beautiful in that way! It's really a masterpiece!Sometimes i ask myself: how the hell Gamecube can make such graphics?! Has i already said it, the most important in this zelda it's not the looks or gameplay, in this case, it's the Story! It's going to be a Story that will connect OoT to WW. Finally, we are going to now what truly happen!... Can't wait to have this game! Can't wait!

Whats all this i see about Zelda not being "next gen" graphics?

Look at it chirst sake, its the most beautiful looking game i have seen that is coming in the next year, and yes i have seen PS3 games, Z:TP is pure art, its almost like a CGI movie

i would agree with this too.Im really bad at judging graphics.to me anything is fine.As as its not jaggy or horrible to look at like tony hawks downhill jam.Zelda to me is perfect graphic wise.As is super mario galaxy...Then again wind waker was pefect to me too

Couldn't agree more :smile: Who the hell is worried about it not being a good game with those graphics!?! C'mon! You don't DESERVE to play Zelda then...

Still no release on that new trailer, huh? I've been checking this thread for the last couple of hours, and still nothing... hehe :o Maybe it'll be released this evening, if not tomorrow...

Btw, can someone please answer my earlier post?? :(

First of all, in the Wii version. Is Link always blocking with his shield when in combat? In te GC version you have to hold the R-shoulder button like it's always been, but what about with the Wii. If so, doesn't this suck? I mean, with Link automatically blocking all the time in combat? Won't it make Link too invincible, and make it a bit too easy sometimes? I've always loved how you have to combine blocking with attacking! Have they really taking this away?

And then the camera controls. In the GC version (just like you did in TWW) you used the C-stick to control the camera, making the camera free (unlike in OoT and MM) and you being able to completely control the camera and put it where you want it... But what about the camera controls in the Wii version. How do you control it with the Wiimote and the Nunchuck? I've been thinking about this for a while, and watched the last gameplay footage of Wii TP over and over again (footage also from the E3 2k6), and from what I can see no one is able to control the cameras like you could in TWW and the GC version of TP. Won't that suck? I mean, I really loved moving the camera so freely in TWW...

Am I just missing a thing here, or what? Does someone have an answer to these things? :hmm:

Would really appreciate it!!

It's going to be a Story that will connect OoT to WW. Finally, we are going to now what truly happen!... Can't wait to have this game! Can't wait!

hold up, where did that come from? Did Nintendo say that? It's gonna take place between OOT and WW? (I prolly missed this as i avoided any all info for a long time in case of spoilers) Because filling gap between these games isn't that hard and considering the whole "different timeline/parralel universe" thing WW is linked to OOT by OOT, in the time between there is no Link until WW, as by WW's intro it gives a small recap of the end of OOT, then says "the great evil" came back, the people waited for the hero in green but he never came.

Look at it chirst sake, its the most beautiful looking game i have seen that is coming in the next year, and yes i have seen PS3 games, Z:TP is pure art, its almost like a CGI movie

Thats the fanboy in you speaking mate, I love zelda and think it looks great but gears, resistance, rainbow six and others all look better. Not saying there better games but grapically lets not go there.

what was the story behind wind waker again?im zelda stupid but how did he get young again?

There's a really good timeline on some website but i can't remember what that site is.

In short, first thing you need to know is there is MORE than one Link and Zelda, the Link in WW is NOT the Link in OOT and MM as WW takes place many many (nintenod said 100, but i think 1000 fits better) years later.

Not just that but it takes place in a different timeline/universe which was created by Link in OOT, at the end of OOT when Link returns to his childhood this creates two timelines, the one that Link went back to and the "future" he left. Just cuz Link went back in time doesn't mean that "future" hyrule stopped exsisting, in fact in the end credits you see people celebrating in the Ranch in the "future" timeline so of course it continued but seperate from the timeline Link went back to.

So far WW is the only game to take place in that timeline, all other games (counting only home console ones now, to include handhelds gets messy) take place in the timeline resulting frm when Link "went back to the past" at the end of OOT.

(is that understandable? I'll try find the website later, or explain it better later when i get home)

hold up, where did that come from? Did Nintendo say that? It's gonna take place between OOT and WW? (I prolly missed this as i avoided any all info for a long time in case of spoilers) Because filling gap between these games isn't that hard and considering the whole "different timeline/parralel universe" thing WW is linked to OOT by OOT, in the time between there is no Link until WW, as by WW's intro it gives a small recap of the end of OOT, then says "the great evil" came back, the people waited for the hero in green but he never came.

Eiji-Aunouma said Twilight Princess would occur between OoT and WW in the storyline! Who played the Wind Waker and knows how it ends will definitly understant the why of it at Twilight Princess.

the Wind Waker is covered by a massive sea!Hyrule was sank!

Eiji-Aunouma said that Twilight Princess would be between OoT and WW on the story line! Who played the Wind Waker and knows how it ends will definitly understant the why of it at Twilight Princess.
the Wind Waker is covered by a massive sea!And why hyrule is sank

WTF? So they basically gave away the ending of TP then, great just frackin great.

But for this to be that story and for it to involve a "hero in green" completly contradics the WW intro doesn't it?

Ah well just 5weeks left till i start to find out anyway

:D ! I'm not going to tell you all the story because it's too long! You just deduze you're going to know what happen in hyrule, after seing the end of Wind Waker, since the Twilight events is before Wind Waker. As OoT, well... you know that the Twilight Princess happens decades after the OoT events and the Link of Twilight Princess is...

not the hero of time, although it's choosen by the gods. He has the symbol of the Triforce on it's hand

Then, after Twilight Princess events, the wind waker will take place centuries after.

Seeing the size of the Master Sword makes me want to see a 'Biggoron Sword', or equivilent in this game :D

Sorry if this has aldready been posted somewhere but the Wii site has been updated and shows people playing TP. Check it out here.

God damn I want this game. I'm fairly certain those are actors, but the motions for sword control looks fairly intuitive and fun.

Seeing the size of the Master Sword makes me want to see a 'Biggoron Sword', or equivilent in this game :D

:laughing: :laughing: True. I had also think one that! But i think the master sword is real awesome! Like the size. Let's wait for a Biggoron xD

zelda02.jpg

zelda01.jpg

zelda03.jpg

OMG! those screens are awesome. freakin hell the horse is massive, gonna try and desktop wallpaper them.

God damn I want this game. I'm fairly certain those are actors, but the motions for sword control looks fairly intuitive and fun.

that first guy playing it didnt seem like an actor, The third guy does, hes just like the REd Steel guys, smiling all the time.

The last guy seemed to have fun, what with the wierd noises....

There's a really good timeline on some website but i can't remember what that site is.

In short, first thing you need to know is there is MORE than one Link and Zelda, the Link in WW is NOT the Link in OOT and MM as WW takes place many many (nintenod said 100, but i think 1000 fits better) years later.

Not just that but it takes place in a different timeline/universe which was created by Link in OOT, at the end of OOT when Link returns to his childhood this creates two timelines, the one that Link went back to and the "future" he left. Just cuz Link went back in time doesn't mean that "future" hyrule stopped exsisting, in fact in the end credits you see people celebrating in the Ranch in the "future" timeline so of course it continued but seperate from the timeline Link went back to.

So far WW is the only game to take place in that timeline, all other games (counting only home console ones now, to include handhelds gets messy) take place in the timeline resulting frm when Link "went back to the past" at the end of OOT.

(is that understandable? I'll try find the website later, or explain it better later when i get home)

Ya cheers that was great.thank you for that:smile: .So i assume zelda ds is a continuation of wind waker?So this is between oot and mm.

926934_20061017_screen005.jpg

XBOX

926929_20060717_screen002.jpg

(Yes that is the same mission)

Nintendo fans are experts at seeking out the worst looking screenshots from 360 games :D

Anyway, anyone who dismisses this game for graphics is terribly blind. What makes this game uglier than next gen games? Point me something.

All next gen does is make things shinier and sharper, but you don't need that if your game's level of art and design has reached high levels like this game.

that xbox screenshot is lovely the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-wii-version-20060607043210896.jpg

with screens like this how can you doubt the wii.Especially if it is known to be 3 times as powerful as gamecube

that xbox screenshot is lovely the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-wii-version-20060607043210896.jpg

with screens like this how can you doubt the wii.Especially if it is known to be 3 times as powerful as gamecube

I want to marry that screenshot. :love:

* The Twilight Realm is "Hyrule surrendered by Princess Zelda to the Twilight King".

* Twilight Princess is "Zelda by the book", giving fans what they've wanted ever since playing Ocarina of Time

* Apparently Twilight Princess has a lot of items and moves you have to learn, and rather quickly, too

* There are a lot of plot twists

* For example, after being chained in the sewers of Hyrule Castle, Wolf Link and Midna break free and go before Princess Zelda, who reveals her plight that she had no choice but to surrender to the Twilight King

* One of the Twilight Sprits (one of four according to EDGE) is the Great Light Spirit Ordona. Link's first "quest" is to restore these beings in order to return back into a human form. EDGE hints this takes awhile to complete this, much like ONM and GamePro have revealed.

* Edge confirms it is the Forest Temple that is the first temple you encounter

* There is some being known as...wait for it...Oocoo...a man-chicken (a chicken with a human head). It allows you to warp "out" of the dungeon to get supplies, and then "warp back".

* They reveal the "special item" at the end of the Forest Temple is "one of three" that you have to collect, and they believe it is just merely a small quest in prelude to the big, main quest.

* EDGE had some gripes about the gameplay on Wii, but say it's not enough for them to say "Get the GCN version".

1.5 times, but yeah shots like that are very impressive. Remember though that screenshot will look exactly the same on Gamecube.

1.5 times, but yeah shots like that are very impressive. Remember though that screenshot will look exactly the same on Gamecube.
Probably more than 1,5 times if you enhance your code, remember that we are talking about dropping our gamecube code into the console and getting it to run 1,5 times faster, instantly. but the hardware itself is not the same they are not flipper and gekko shrinked into a 0,09 micron process.

For example... what if you have 1,5 times the speed on the gpu using the same 4 pipelines as GC... but Wii infact has 8 pipelines?

Whats all this i see about Zelda not being "next gen" graphics?

Its not next-gen dude, but its the best looking game of this generation. The only game I can think of that rivals it is Jade Empire, which is on a more powerful machine. And just because next-gen graphics are sharper, doesent mean they look better.

:D ! I'm not going to tell you all the story because it's too long! You just deduze you're going to know what happen in hyrule, after seing the end of Wind Waker, since the Twilight events is before Wind Waker. As OoT, well... you know that the Twilight Princess happens decades after the OoT events and the Link of Twilight Princess is...
not the hero of time, although it's choosen by the gods. He has the symbol of the Triforce on it's hand

Then, after Twilight Princess events, the wind waker will take place centuries after.

I know Link in TP isn't the same Link from OOT/MM, what i'm saying is that according to the intro to Wind Waker, A hero "dressed in green" saved Hyrule and banished the great evil, this hero became known as the "Hero of Time" (aka Link from OOT), when the "great evil" returned the people of Hyrule called/hoped for the hero to return but he didn't, even if it wasn't actually the "Hero of Time", "TP Link" is still "dressed in green" and has the name "Link", this would have been seen as the hero "returning", but since he didn't and this is why the gods ended up sealing Hyrule underwater, to me it just seems a bit messy to be placing TP as the that back story to WW

Ya cheers that was great.thank you for that:smile: .So i assume zelda ds is a continuation of wind waker?So this is between oot and mm.

Yeah Phantom Hour Glass will most likely feature the same Link as we saw in Wind Waker and be pretty much Wind Waker 2

But no TP would not be placed between OOT and MM, those feature the same Link, this is a new Link, i'm don't know where TP will place in the timeline till i play it.

But excluding TP, this is pretty much how i see the timeline (without going into full detail...might do later)

Main Timeline:

Ocarina of Time: Link 1 and Zelda 1

Majoras Mask: Link 1 and Zelda 1

A Link to The Past: Link 2 and Zelda 2

Legend of Zelda: Link 3 and Zelda 3

Adventures of Link: Link 3 and Zelda 4 (note Zelda 4 might be Zelda 1 or a Zelda who predates Zelda 1)

Alternate Timeline

Ocarina of Time: Link 1 and Zelda 1

Wind Waker: Link 2 and Zelda 2

Its not next-gen dude, but its the best looking game of this generation. The only game I can think of that rivals it is Jade Empire, which is on a more powerful machine. And just because next-gen graphics are sharper, doesent mean they look better.

I didn't say it was "next gen" i asked why people are complaining about its graphics saying they aren't up to "next gen" standards, yet in my opinion (maybe i should have said that earlier) it is the best looking game that is coming in the next year, not in a "ultra real", "HD sharp resolution" kinda way but in a "beautiful" expression of creative art kind of way, that brings its world to life like a fairy tale come true.