Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

EchoDesiato

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No perfect 10's? You don't know that.

And to be the Best Zelda Game ever doesn't mean it needs near-perfect reviews. It needs to be fun - something I'm discovering OoT is often not.

I agree with that, despite OoT being good it's often more frustrating than fun.

They have a lot to live up to Nintendo claiming that this will be the best Zelda ever, and for their sake, I hope they're right. All it needs to do to be the best Zelda game ever is for a majority of reviews to score around 9.9,9.8,9.7

Imo, "the best zelda game ever" doesnt mean best reviews ever...it means that the majority of zelda fans agree that overall, its the best one.

Imo, "the best zelda game ever" doesnt mean best reviews ever...it means that the majority of zelda fans agree that overall, its the best one.

Yes, but it'd certainly be a bonus if it happened to also have the highest aggregate score as well with reviews which I'm hoping it does or comes at the very least, third highest aggregate review score of all time.

Normally though the reviewers tend to be very big fans of Zelda.

probably becuase they have fight tooth and nail to be given the review copy of the game.

only fans would be prepared to brawl for the right to review a Zelda game.

PREDICTION: the Zelda series will undergo a revolutionary and total overhall that will shock and dismay us all, causing thousands to complain bitterly on forums across the Internet. Then we will realise how great it's going to be, and preorder in our millions. You know this to be true.

Guest Jordan

Soul Calibur (definatly agree)

Tony Hawks 3 (O___o)

and the other, i have no idea.

I know Chrono was never reviewed because it was out before the site existed :P, Halo got 9.7 and Mario 64 got in the high 9's too.

Speaking of reviews would you agree with Edge in giving only these 5 games 10 in the magazine's 13 years of existence:

Super Mario 64

Gran Turismo

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Halo

Half Life 2

All of these games were fantastic except for Halo at times so that is why I rank Edge's opinion so highly.

EDIT: Oh yeah and the other ten from Gamespot was Chrono Cross

At least Edge isn't one of the magazines that give Grand Theft Auto games an almost perfect score (cough Gamesmaster cough). NGamer I find has the best writers however, they give unbiased opinions, good writing and structure, and make me laugh out loud every few pages.

I think we're going off topic now, even though there is fuck all to talk about on Twilight Princess anymore.

Has anyone recieved the new ONM yet because that is meant to have a big Twilight Princess preview.

Not yet, I will be picking this up first thing on Friday though, knowing ONM they probably wont have the preview and just give a shoddy excuse.

According to the mods at the ONM forums, subscribers won't be receiving their copies until Friday, because they'll be in big trouble with Nintendo if their their 'big exclusive' is revealed before then.

Sounds like it'll be something good. :)