N-Europe

Slasher game

Zombie_Fan

I really like that idea and it's really far developed already. If only a developer read your thoughts Zombie_Fan.

I have one little suggestion to this cool idea. Maybe if you get killed you have a few moments or maybe a minute or so of time to create a hint for the others who the killer is but you have to figure out for yourself how you do it. Maybe writing his initials on the wall with your last strength. The killer should also have the possiblity to remove them. Say if he finds water he can wash the writing off the wall.

If your hint was useful to other players (they can rate it at the end of the round) you get a little bonus, maybe a better torch next time or some concept art or you could choose whether you want to be the killer and which type for once.

I really like that idea and it's really far developed already. If only a developer read your thoughts Zombie_Fan.

I have one little suggestion to this cool idea. Maybe if you get killed you have a few moments or maybe a minute or so of time to create a hint for the others who the killer is but you have to figure out for yourself how you do it. Maybe writing his initials on the wall with your last strength. The killer should also have the possiblity to remove them. Say if he finds water he can wash the writing off the wall.

If your hint was useful to other players (they can rate it at the end of the round) you get a little bonus, maybe a better torch next time or some concept art or you could choose whether you want to be the killer and which type for once.

Classic idea there, Konfucius! :bowdown:

Ever heard of The ship, an HL mod? In it you (the players-it's an online mod) are on a ship you all have a target to kill, but you are also someone elses target. You can stay in a safe area, but, Sims style, you need go get food, toilets, etc., and the toilets and vending machines are, of course, not in the safe area.

You can also do stuff like change clothes, or pretend to be on of the slightly daft AI, and then kill the target as they walk past you thinking you are harmless.

After a person dies, you all go back to the safe area to work out who did it (there are several CCTV cameras dotted around, and if anyone else sees you they will say immediatly).

Occasionaly, you will find that you are your target's target!

Something similar to this on the rev would be a right laugh. :p

I really like that idea. A timer can count down, and as it counts down you can hear the teenager's heart slowly stop beating. During this time you can leave some kind of memo to warn the other teens. You would not be able to do this every time. It would depend on how the killer killed you (cutting off your head, ect), and if the killer finishes you off before he leaves. The killer would try and hide the evidence. The killer can get rid of the memo if he sees it, and drag the body into the bushes, or put the body into a closet. The killer can also string out the body in some way for the other teens to see it (put the body on a table, drag the body into a door way, or even hang the body on a coat rack). This will scare the other players. The teens won’t know for sure who the killer looks like. The killer can have some kind of mask on. It all depends on the player’s style. The player that is the killer cans choice the killer’s look. The player can make him/her look like Jason if they wanted to. By beating the game with a high killing score, you can unlock new looks. Just like “The Sims†the player can make their character look any way they want. They can change the skin tone, make the teen short or tall, male or female, ect. Players can upgrade their characters by receiving exp points. You can upgrade the teens speed, strength, they can run longer, and be more stealth. Since the killer is a teen, the killer does not require any of those upgrades. The game is a horror survival/online RPG. It would not be a game with out the special bonuses. I love looking at concept art.

For the single player game though, it would need to be more directed I think and less random, with a clear storyline running through it. If it followed the same suggestions as have been said it would be short and limited. Besides I like a single player game where there's a cool story (with a twist) and with some cool FMV to reward your progress.

I think this game would also benefit from a sanity meter, ala Eternal Darkness. The single player game would have to be like a full blown horror trilogy length thing. Kinda like the way Sidney is always haunted by the Scream.

This sounds brilliant! I'd like to see Metal Gear-esque kitsch allusions and in-jokes relateing to classic horror movies. I wouldn't want the game to take itself too seriously.

I'd like to see references to classic movies (maybe a scream costume or just the mask lying around somewhere) but I think it should be quite a sereious game, just so that it's scary, which is what people who watch horror want I guess

Why do people STILL say Nintendo wouldn't allow these games on their system?! They're not gonna reject a dev EVER unless the game is AO, doing so would be stupid. It's better to get as many games of as many types from as many devs as possible because it improves relations with them.

I'd like to see references to classic movies (maybe a scream costume or just the mask lying around somewhere) but I think it should be quite a sereious game, just so that it's scary, which is what people who watch horror want I guess

I want the story to take place in the 80s, so the game can't have references to horror movies from the 90s and up. You might be asking your self “Why the 80s?" The 80s gave birth to the slasher movie genre. I want this game to be a tribute to some of the greatest slasher movies ever made. I like the idea of horror movie references. It can have a torn movie poster of the original "The Hills have eyes" hanging on a wall. Characters named after famous horror directors (Tobe Hooper, Wes Craven, :bowdown:George A. Romero:bowdown:). Even a hockey mask hanging in a closet. You want to show these references, but you don't want them to stand out to much. This is called "eyeball kicks". Some people take great pleasure in finding eyeball kicks. I don’t want the game to have a lot of humor. It can have some dark humor. This is a serious, campy, horror survival game. I have not worked out the single player story, and objectives yet. That will take some time.