Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In DoAU and 3, easy way to get out of combo's when you're on the floor is to just roll backwards or sideways before you get up and that way you can get away.

Alternativly, block like a whore and just try counter all you can, but don't leave yourself open!

Just to confirm that the european version of DOA4 is out on the 20th, this is the press release i got.

LONDON UK, Wednesday 18th January 2005 - Microsoft today announced the eagerly anticipated fourth installation of the Dead or Alive series will be available at European retail from 20th January onwards. Dead or Alive 4 is a true child of the next-generation, utilizing all of Xbox 360's exceptional technological offerings and fantastic new features.

DOA4 offers the high level of fantastic game-play which has made the series so successful in the past. The fighting system has been completely revamped, now allowing even more strategy and mastery of your favourite characters. The brand new DOA countering system is the most challenging yet; it takes the game-play to a whole new level of sophistication, requiring precise timing and an intimate knowledge of your character's moves. Alongside the familiar cast, DOA4 introduces brand new characters to be discovered, complete with a variety of outfits and even hairstyles! The game also takes advantage of the Emmy award winning Xbox Live! service, offering huge-scale global online tournaments, detailed scoreboards, the ability to form new clans, and a new interactive lobby area featuring voice and text chat.

Xbox 360's superior graphics capabilities have enabled the developers at Tecmo to present intricate details, from the displacement of a single strand of hair as a character engages in action, to the course of an individual cherry blossom as it floats from the sky. Combined with the incredible high-definition 3-D visual detail, DOA4 also possesses a rich, in-depth storyline giving the players a chance to really put themselves at the centre of the captivating DOA universe.

I seriously cannot believe how much better the graphics of every X360 game i have played on it so far look on a HD tv.

Seriously King Kong for example is wonderful. PDZ's horrible jaggy's have gone and Kameo looks stunning!, i'm really upset that i didn't play Kameo from the start using a HDTV, although i may play it again!

Even Need For Speed: MW looks more beautiful. The cracking of the tar in the road, the car gleeming and reflections on the roof stand-out so much more! The trees! The same goes for PGR3!

Call Of Duty 2 NEEDS HDTV, i can now see the writing on the journal and players stand-out more! Even the gun your holding becomes more realistc as the writing on it, stands out through the rusty metal!

I'm so so pleased a invested in a LCD! :D

Glad to see your TV was worth it Owen, iv had HD since i got the 360, so havent relaly seen much of it on standard TV's, is it really that noticeable?

Thanks Alot! I thought i wasn't going to see any difference but my god i can! The whole thing is just shaper, brighter and jumps out of you more!

The dinosaurs skin for example in King Kong is now all cracked, shiny etc..it's like you know what the texture is going to be like, rough etc..

I wasn't expecting anything like this at all! So happy! :D

I know this is totally off-topic, but is my sig/banner to big?

Also i'm wondering if anyone out there would be kind enough to make me a sig/banner? Nothing to fancy..just blending a few of my fav things (Donnie Darko, Jake Gyllenhaal, The Rasmus, Nintendo) in a cool way, maybe with a bit of writing that means something?

Thanks to anyone who answers!

:hehe:

Did you get one of the Samsung TVs? I'm getting an HD soon, and was thinking of the Samsung one. Which size did you get?

I got 26'' one. The 23'' one is impossible to find and if you do (http://www.digi-uk.co.uk) you will find that loads of people have back-ordered them. Although keep trying. :wink:

My experience with buying this TV was awful, i couldn't find it anywhere (even though i have found loads of sites which have it for sale now, typical) so i had to use Argos Direct! My opinion? DON'T! I wouldn't of bought it from there, but my dad works there and gets money off and i have 9 months to get the full-amount and then pay the lot off before interest sets in, so thats very helpful. However they messed up one of my orders, and nearly the other one! ::shrug:

the 26'' is really pretty big, i had a 32'' Phillips CRT before and going down a size didn't make alot of difference. Like everyone said on here though, the 23'' is nearly the price of the 26'' and the 26'' comes with HDMI and alot of other stuff etc.. it really is a beauty as well, for the price it's totally amazing!

:smile:

Owen what model did you get? I know you said 26'' but is it LE-26R51 or something else? Please check i'd like to know! :)

Sure it's LE26R41B! ;)

It's ok Coo In The Zoo, if it's too big i'll change it, i'm off to find a smaller one now! :D

EDIT: There you go! Quite like this pic anyway! :)