N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

A question:

I just noticed that the "Mega Man Anniversary Collection" for the original Xbox is listed on wikipedia's list of backwards compatible xbox games as working on PAL Xbox 360 systems:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360

I know wikipedia contains lots of mistakes, but I was wondering: is there any truth to this? This compilation was never released outside of the US, and it would be great news for me if for some reason it worked on an European 360...

Are there any cases of US Xbox games working on an European 360?

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So another 360 falls victim due to shoddy hardware, how can Microsoft deny that there is a problem with their machines??!!

At least you can get a replacement 360 Caris and then get back to beating Robs gamerscore :)

Apparently people are getting them back with more heat sinks. I think thats what they said on 1UP Yours anyway.

I'm rubbish at Pacman. Can't get a score higher than 110,000 :cry:

All of Turtles can be beaten in just over 4 hours and Fight Night I did in 1 day, watch your back ( note* not in a sexual way ) Rob hes gaining on you!

TMNT ain't a bad game actually for a piss easy 1000 points.

Rock Band is soundig moer and more awsome everytime I see something, was a little worried when I saw you had 4 diffrent sets of instruments to get but looks like you can only get 1 if you want, but damn thats a lot of info and i'm liking it.

Why can I never get spoiler tags working, I was going to c/p it all for everyone but bah

I'm sure as shit getting the drum edition.

Just got Burnout Revenge and Lost Planet.

I got Halo and Halo 2 yesterday. 1 question; On Halo 1, it won't play in widescreen so half of the screen appears as just a blank, black area. Anyone know why that is?

If you don't like lost planet then it's personal.:mad:

Guest Jordan
Just got Burnout Revenge and Lost Planet.

I got Halo and Halo 2 yesterday. 1 question; On Halo 1, it won't play in widescreen so half of the screen appears as just a blank, black area. Anyone know why that is?

You should have bought that 'Tripple Pack' thing, since they fixed a few issues with widescreen.

Are you running in HD? If not, you might wanna check if you're on 50 or 60hz.

You should have bought that 'Tripple Pack' thing, since they fixed a few issues with widescreen.

Is this still available in the shops? I can't find it here in Portugal, and the online stores I checked didn't have it.

There's a few Xbox games I wanted to purchase, but I can't find them. Any ideas? The games are:

-Halo Triple Pack

-Ninja Gaiden Black

-Street Fighter Anniversary Collection

-Futurama (don't ask... :); I'm a massive fan of the series, and I want it for the exclusive animation included)

Is this still available in the shops? I can't find it here in Portugal, and the online stores I checked didn't have it.

There's a few Xbox games I wanted to purchase, but I can't find them. Any ideas? The games are:

-Halo Triple Pack

-Ninja Gaiden Black

-Street Fighter Anniversary Collection

-Futurama (don't ask... :); I'm a massive fan of the series, and I want it for the exclusive animation included)

Tried ebay?

Also, the Futurama game pwns. I'm gonna have to get the original xbox version so i have that game in my futurama collection again.

Can't wait for rock band! Im holding off on a GHII purchase now until i hear more about this 10 frets thing, if the Xplorer ends up not being able to do solos in Rock Band then im not buying GHII

The Drums sound awesome! Price-wise im guessing £30 for game, £15 for Mic, £45 for Guitar/Bass and £70 for the drum kit

So got my new 360, Blockbusters were awsome they said bring it back as many times as you want if it breaks, the year is with us :smile:.

Also i think i have a slighlty revamped 360, the fans are diffrent in the back and VERY quiet, i have a new BenQ disk drive and the hard drive is a slighty diffrent colour.

Awosme, mabey this happend for a reason.

Are you running in HD? If not, you might wanna check if you're on 50 or 60hz.

I'm running in 720p, and I tried changing the setting to 1080i 50hz mode, and there was no difference. The same problem occurs in either 50 or 60hz.

Just started Lost Planet, it's very awesome, story's a bit shit but it's crazy fun so far. My Burnout Revenge disc doesn't work keeps coming up as a DVD and telling me to insert it into an Xbox 360 console :( probably go get it replaced tomorrow. Man I get the worst luck with games :hmm:

Guest Jordan

Man i love DiRT, flying around corners in a Pug 307. God that car is literally insane.

EDIT: Bard, try hooking up composite, see if you get the same results.

I'm running in 720p, and I tried changing the setting to 1080i 50hz mode, and there was no difference. The same problem occurs in either 50 or 60hz.

Had this problem with Fable. Try 480p. Or is it 576p for you guys? Made the picture not look very nice but no black bars.

Thought my 360 was about to set fire or something the way the fans speeded up when I switched it on...

Think I'm close to as far as I can be bothered to go with Forza. Can't be arsed with upgrading every crappy little car in the game. Might just try and finish a couple of games like Dead Rising before buying DiRT next weekend.

Guest Jordan
Had this problem with Fable. Try 480p. Or is it 576p for you guys? Made the picture not look very nice but no black bars.

Nope we have:

• 576i = PAL50
  • 480i = PAL60
  • 480p
  • 540p = phased out, afaik.
  • 720p
  • 1080i
  • 1080p

Guest Stefkov

I might go to Blockbusters this week and rent out a few games. I liked the Fight Night demo, really looked good.

Ooh a Transformers game.

Guest Stefkov

Heh I gathered that :heh:

Forza and DiRT should get here tommorow I hope. Wednesday I've got all day off fromm college so I think I will get to at least 9500 points. I need to beat my friends younger brother. He's on 102000, so I need to beat him.

Heh I gathered that :heh:

Forza and DiRT should get here tommorow I hope. Wednesday I've got all day off fromm college so I think I will get to at least 9500 points. I need to beat my friends younger brother. He's on 102000, so I need to beat him.

Eh? Forza and DiRT? I thought you hated driving games?