Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a must buy for me, can't wait for that.

EDIT: There's a new DoA item on the marketplace, not sure if it's a video as it doesnt say the resolution.

"Footage of Tomonobu Itagaki, producer of DoA4, as he battles his own creation. Can you tell which one is him?" 160MB, Free.

Also, a Blazing angels trailer is up to download.

Guest Jordan

No no, because then it would be:

"HEY I GOT SOME FREE SWAG FROM EDIOS, I'M SELLING IT ON EBAY INSTEAD OF REVIEWING IT!"

No no, because then it would be:

"HEY I GOT SOME FREE SWAG FROM EDIOS, I'M SELLING IT ON EBAY INSTEAD OF REVIEWING IT!"

no no

"HEY I GOT SOME FREE SWAG FROM EDIOS, I'M SELLING IT ON EBAY AFTER REVIEWING IT!"

Can anyone who has sent there 360 back for repair and got it back answer some of these questions please

Do you just put it in a plain brown box with the power suply?

Did you print the label off the internet and stick it on the box?do you know of a way around this if i havent got a printer?

Did you include the receipt you got when you purchased it?

Thanks for any help

Guest Jordan

Looks like XBOX360 Mk 2 is on the way, thanks MS.

Although no major changes it does mean a few things: Less over heats, cheaper to make them for Microsoft = cheaper for the end user.

Xbox 360 getting new CPU

Chartered Semiconductor announces new deal to make smaller 65mm-process chip for Microsoft's next-gen console.

One of the most common consumer complaints about the next-gen console is that its graphics capability requires a central processing unit which needs to be cooled by a constantly running, less-than-stealthy ventilation system. In other words, its fan is loud.

Some disgruntled consumers have even compared the 360's fan to a Blackhawk helicopter. Those same consumers will welcome today's news that the Xbox 360 is getting a new CPU which runs at lower temperature. Chartered Semiconductor Manufacturing has announced it will begin making the Xbox 360's CPU using a using 65-nanometer (nm) Silicon-on-Insulator (SOI) semiconductor technology. Currently, the Singapore-based hardware manufacturer company makes 90nm Xbox 360 CPUs under an agreement with IBM, designer of the CPU. The first Xbox 360s with the new CPU will go on sale in 2007.

For laymen, the change means that the new 65mm Xbox 360 CPUs will have more chips per wafer--which means lower energy requirements, lower heat output, and cheaper chip production costs. That is music to Microsoft's ears. "We look forward to working with Chartered on the production of such an important component of our Xbox 360 system," said Larry Yang, General Manager of Xbox Console Development at Microsoft.

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6148098.html

Can anyone who has sent there 360 back for repair and got it back answer some of these questions please

Do you just put it in a plain brown box with the power suply?

Did you print the label off the internet and stick it on the box?do you know of a way around this if i havent got a printer?

Did you include the receipt you got when you purchased it?

Thanks for any help

I've PMed you the answers to all those questions. MS provide everything for you basically.

Although no major changes it does mean a few things: Less over heats, cheaper to make them for Microsoft = cheaper for the end user.

Making the price cut rumours seem that bit more likely.

Lesson in life son, games never look as good as the screenshots would have you believe.

Well thats right but i have to say that the 1st and 3rd pic are achievable in game on the 360

the 2nd pic looks like a video

could be wrong tho just have to wait and see

I've always been a huge fan of Final Fantasy, since IX. But with recent dissapointments (ive heard), not playing it myself, with the BETA version, and finding out now you have to pay! im haveing my doubts with getting it.

Does anyone feel the same?

I've always been a huge fan of Final Fantasy, since IX. But with recent dissapointments (ive heard), not playing it myself, with the BETA version, and finding out now you have to pay! im haveing my doubts with getting it.

Does anyone feel the same?

Yeah m8 i do

the BETA was shit imo, didnt like it one bit, the game wasnt made for a console

and you have to pay extra on top ov the LIVE subscription thats even worse, you should just pay for LIVE and thats it

A hope no other games do the extra charge for online play

Yeah m8 i do

the BETA was shit imo, didnt like it one bit, the game wasnt made for a console

and you have to pay extra on top ov the LIVE subscription thats even worse, you should just pay for LIVE and thats it

A hope no other games do the extra charge for online play

I really want to get this, but I have heaps of others to play, hopefully now that most releases have dried up, I can get to it.

They might come out earlier than that in December, and they will have the new HD-DVD drives in them, instead of the Dual-Layer DVD drives they have now.

They might come out earlier than that in December, and they will have the new HD-DVD drives in them, instead of the Dual-Layer DVD drives they have now.

Erm, no they wont. They wont perform any different, but the improved manufacturing process will result in less heat and smoother operation.

Erm, no they wont. They wont perform any different, but the improved manufacturing process will result in less heat and smoother operation.

they will have HD-DVD drives, trust me. that is one of the reasons they put in that new chip. If not they would have made a separate cooling fan to attach to the XBox 360 that you would have to buy, and that would have just been stupid.

they will have HD-DVD drives, trust me. that is one of the reasons they put in that new chip. If not they would have made a separate cooling fan to attach to the XBox 360 that you would have to buy, and that would have just been stupid.

External drives you numpty, the new chip is nothing to do with the drive, its a more effective way of cooling the cpu.

External drives you numpty, the new chip is nothing to do with the drive, its a more effective way of cooling the cpu.

the new drive is not external. They are getting rid of their dual layer drives and installing HD drives(High Def) to read the new HD-DVD's. If you think the 360 gets hot now imagine how hot it would get with out that new chip.