Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The points just show that you completed the game fully and the achievements are cool as well because you may complete something really hard in the game which could mean a rare achievement or something....

I like the fact that over time you'll get more and more and you never know there could be competitions to win something if you have the most points/achievements!

Each to their own really! :grin:

Anyway a tad off-topic but..It's my birthday in like 20 mins! YEAH! 19 years old and don't give a damn! How sad.... :red::hehe:

Nothing really, i play my games through as same as i did on my cube, xbox, etc, i like to play my games fully, to get the most out of them, just so happens i get points for it now.

Hold on, wasn't it you and Fatrox letting each other beat yourselves up so many times in a row just for the achievements and points?

Yes, i like to play my games "fully" i.e unlock everything, i have always done it.

Even if you just got say a new character or stage etc for that i would of done it, if its there to be unlocked i'll try to unlock it.

No unlocks for 10 or 20 wins in a row, just gamerpoints.

what you getting for your b'day?

and you dont give a damn cause you already have everything :P

EDIT: it's past 12 happy B'day Owen :)

Thanks dude! I mainly got clothes this b-day, which is cool!

Got a bit of money, but i gave that to my dad because i've preordered the USA 'Jarhead' collectors DVD using his card (he knows of course, lol) which comes out early March. (so thats a prezzie as well really).

Don't feel any different being 19, i always say that!... :D

I'm busy getting all the costumes/doing time attacks. Only got another 20 or so costumes to get, and about another 10 characters to do time attack on :)

You mean you let Fatrox beat you up that many times.

Whast your problem with wanting to unlcock Achivments?, The grade D,E,F are worth nothign anyways, its just soemthing to do, i never said i would prefer GP/Achivments to stages or characters or anything?

Look at Smash bros, theres loads of people i know and proboly many from this board wanted to get most of the trophies, they do nothing same as an achivment just something to show off, its the same thing?

Dashboard update imminent

Posted on: 28 January, 2006 16:33 GMT

Written by: Sebastian Kemezys (SNK)

A couple of days ago, we reported about the 360 dashboard getting an update. An update on this matter has emerged: according to Hard OCP, Microsoft plans to release the major update on Monday, January 30. Also, an update for Call of Duty 2 is scheduled to appear sometime next week as well, probably on Tuesday.

This all sounds very nice, but according to the pattern we've been seeing since the launch of the Xbox 360, it wouldn't suprise us if these updates were delayed. We'll just have to wait and see!

Source: http://www.360monster.com/newspost.php?id=0000000335

Whast your problem with wanting to unlcock Achivments?, The grade D,E,F are worth nothign anyways, its just soemthing to do, i never said i would prefer GP/Achivments to stages or characters or anything?

Look at Smash bros, theres loads of people i know and proboly many from this board wanted to get most of the trophies, they do nothing same as an achivment just something to show off, its the same thing?

I don't have a problem with it, just don't see the point in it, yeah sure it's an achievement, but personally it's not the kind of achievement I'd want on my gamercard.

I decided to spend a little bit more on a hdtv if i do buy one. So i've narrowed it down to a dell regular lcd computer monitor (24in) and has a resolution of 1920x1200 resolution. and a dell hdtv lcd tv. (23in) and has a resolution of 1280x768

They are both eveny priced but the 24in has a way better resolution. But the 23in is an hdtv. I plan to use whichever one i get for my computermonitor, a tv, and for a xbox 360. So which one overall would give me the best performance for all 3 things.