NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

I've opted for Fallout 3 so I've yet to even really know what AITD plays like...

Had a save file for my level 7 nutterevilbitch, Katrina (waves of mutilation/hurricane of violence references). I've seen that there are 'easy' ways to get all the karma achievements by abusing the save system. Currently I'm happy to get this bitch up to level 20 while re-playing the game, as I've forgotten most of it. Really I'm aiming to get the speech challenge sorted - got 10 complete, need 40 more!

also started to use the melee weapons more... and my god it's awesome! Knifing someone's face off, or using the powerfist to see their mind explode... and saving ammo! Genuis.

For level 30 you can save just before you reach it and use the Good/Evil/Neutral perks then reload.

Gah! I'm just about to go to The Spire in Fable 2 and the captain near the boat at the dock (where the quest is pointing me) won't talk to me. I've tried moving to other areas and quitting/reloading with no luck. Seems like to start the game from scratch.

Or sell it.

I'm on the same part as you, but I've opted to finish a few more quests before I take the boat. I ran into something a bit dodgy before that - I was trying to enter the Crucible, got all the renown I needed to enter, went up to the gates, and the guys insisted that I wasn't a 'celebrity'. I did another quest and it let me in. The quest's goals were listed as fulfilled, which was odd.

Is it worth getting Fable 2 GOTY Edition or not, because HMV is selling the standard version for £12.99 plus I get 10% off, or pay £14 for the GOTY Edition and hope Amazon get it back in stock?

A good price for a great game, if the genre appeals to you then certainly, go for it.

Had a few sessions on Left4Dead (still on the first game!) and managed to get an anchievement I was missing - 3 survivors incapacitated within 5 seconds on Crash Course :D I smoked one as a tank whacked the other two. Love it. Still feel utterly shit at the game, though - I'm really trying to get the hunter-pounce-for-25-damage on Crash Course achievey but the closest I've gotten is 17. Really need some luck.

Also took up teh MW2 solo camplain and... it's awsome. Was not expecting it to toy with my emotions as it has - awe, shock, sadness... Very, very surprised. A genuine joy to play! Only playing on regular, but I'm tempted to try and jump straight to Vet mode and tear my (hair out) way through that.

Mate helped me bump my borderlands character back to a reasonable level (housemate accidentally deleted my level 28~ character). Only took about 30 mins and now I feel like I can play the game again, rather than wasting hours of my life trying to get back to exactly where I was previously.

Wanted to buy Castle Crashers as I felt like a quick burn on it, but it's still 1200?! Very annoying.

(My How Was Your Gaming Day? post...)

You should have got CC over Christmas it dropped down to like 800 points.

I've been putting a lot of time into burnout paradise. Seriously addicted to it but I might forget about it once split second launches.

You should have got CC over Christmas it dropped down to like 800 points.

It was 560 points on the 30th December

I've been putting a lot of time into burnout paradise. Seriously addicted to it but I might forget about it once split second launches.

It really is awesome. I think I've just past the 1100 hour mark.

Fuuck... I would've totally gotten that! Part of the countdown to the new year I presume? I got bored of that after a few days of bullshit.

Yeah it was countdown to the new year. I was kicking myself over missing the fallout 3 dlc. I don't think it will ever be as sweet as that again. But I managed to pick up Shadow complex, Castle Crashers and Battlefield 1943? but I don't think there were any decent deals beyond those. I think we even got shafted one day where the rest of the world got a game and we got some crappy movie rental.

All the film rentals were in place of games that everywhere but the UK and USA got. Braid and ReZ HD were among them.

Edited by Cube

Monkey Island: SE and Worms 2 was on offer during the Holiday count down which I picked up, I thought it was pretty good event overall.

Haha! Those were the two games that I did pick up! Also astounded by the braid/Rez bias, there. I'd totally pick up Braid (even though I've played it to death) as it's the sort of game I'd like to sit my friends down with for a few hours, when I'm babysitting them/helping them through detox/not wanting to talk about the money I owe them.

Rumours are circulating that the Capcom/Microsoft annoucement is Monster Hunter Frontier for the 360. If this is true then...then...words can't describe my excitement.

Rumours are circulating that the Capcom/Microsoft annoucement is Monster Hunter Frontier for the 360. If this is true then...then...words can't describe my excitement.

Besides it being a port of a shitty PC version I don't know how you could be hyped...I mean this is what the PC version looks...

http://i50.tinypic.com/fdgbb5.jpg

Besides it being a port of a shitty PC version I don't know how you could be hyped...I mean this is what the PC version looks...

http://i50.tinypic.com/fdgbb5.jpg

Its MH, I care not how it looks as long as it plays the same, which it does. Hell, I would quite happily play the PS2 version again via Live so this is a great announcement for me. More weapons, more armour and more beasts to slay. Sign me up!

I've never seen nor played any MH games but the concept intrigues. is it a kind of open world MMO/ Boss hunting thing?

More akin to something like PSO than WoW, from what little I've played; the controls on PSP were too horrible for me to persevere.

It might be important to note that Frontier hasn't been announced for a Western release. It hasn't even come out on PC outside of Asia, so I suspect it's unlikely that you'll see the game in English on 360 any time soon.

If it's like PSO and has split screen then it'll be day one for me!

I have never gotten my head around the utter madness that was Phantasy Star Universe's lack of split-screen multiplayer. It would've had me straight away and kept me for months.

Yep, it's tue:

Remember that Xbox 360 game announcement Capcom promised this week? Well it's a port of PC MMO, Monster Hunter: Frontier Online. Sorry.

The 2007 online game will be released on Xbox 360 this summer in Japan, says Capcom, with a closed beta test planned to kick off in May.

Xbox Live Gold members will need to pay 1,400 Yen (£9.60) a month after picking the game up, and there are early plans to have PC players able to play alongside their console brethren.

There's no word on a Western release yet but we're about to pick up the blower.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=232683&site=cvg

Thanks or the video, Dante. I hope that does make over to us but methinks it may depend on how MH3 performs though. If MH3 fails Capcom may just cut their losses with the franchise over here, well the console versions at least.

Halo: STD arrived today. I'm not feeling it to be honest. I love Halo but...not really this. Not too sure what it is at the moment.