NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

How many sequels of Megaman have there been and how many times has Dr Wily/Other main boss died at the end of the games? :wink:

Truth is, Capcom can shoehorn a sequel into pretty much any game regardless of the previous games plot and conclusion.

Example: During the events of Dead Rising, an off duty policeman takes his daughter and wife to the nearby "Willamette Theme Park" and discovers the infection has spread further than anyone realised. Can he rescue his family and escape the zombie horde without also becoming one of them?

Well, you get the point!

Forgot all about that.

Forgot all about that.

Cos I made it up, just an example of what could be done to extend the game into a franchise

Capcom have already said that they want to build on Dead Rising so it is only a matter of time till we see a sequel!

Capcom have already said that they want to build on Dead Rising so it is only a matter of time till we see a sequel!

sequels on Ps3.

sequels on Ps3.

too bad they missed out on the legend that is the first one, sony always second best imo.

It will definitely come out on the 360. It makes no business sense whatsoever to release it exclusively on the PS3, especially considering that Dead Rising has sold so well on the 360.

The high cost, along with the similarities of both systems means that not making the game for both systems is just inefficient and not cost effective. The worst I could see happening would be for the 360 version to come out slightly later than the PS3 version and even then I would think the reverse situation would be more likely.

Just look at this article about Sony losing exclusives to the 360:

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/xbox-360/dead-rising-success-more-360-capcom-games-195361.php

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3658&Itemid=2

And this quote for the second article shows that it would be a wasted opportunity to release the game on both consoles since "Capcom will conduct the first 50–60 percent of the PS3 and Xbox 360 development process on PCs, only in the final stages using a development approach that is optimized for either the Xbox 360 or the PS3."

TBH if Capcom didn't bring the sequal to the 360 there are going to be a lot of pissed off people, me included!

Mizuguchi (sp?) is annoucing a new XBLA title, with people talking about Rez (GOD YES PLEASE, JESUS!) and Every Extend Extra as possibilities!

I had no idea Crackdown was cel shaded...

looking forward to worms. :smile:

I had no idea Crackdown was cel shaded...

looking forward to worms. :smile:

Apparently when it was first shown, there was really thick black lines and really shaded textures.

The only way they got away with that huge draw distance was quite low res models.

Rez (GOD YES PLEASE, JESUS!) and Every Extend Extra as possibilities!

Taking quotes out of context FTW.

Just a few points mentioned in a Team 17 interview on the Major Nelson podcast:

• The holy hand grenade and other missing weapons were taken out in order to balance the game and not turn it into a WMD-fest

• You can name your worms to personalize them

• There will be downloadable voices for the worms fairly soon that they couldn't fit into the main download

Just a few points mentioned in a Team 17 interview on the Major Nelson podcast:

• The holy hand grenade and other missing weapons were taken out in order to balance the game and not turn it into a WMD-fest

• You can name your worms to personalize them

• There will be downloadable voices for the worms fairly soon that they couldn't fit into the main download

WMD-fest? I can understand that, but I want the option to blow half the map up!

I NEED SELECT WORM!! :cry:(Throws toys out of pram!)

WMD-fest? I can understand that, but I want the option to blow half the map up!

I NEED SELECT WORM!! :cry:(Throws toys out of pram!)

Well he didn't say it in those exact words but that's what he meant!

Won't not having the select worm option mean the game will be a little more strategic though?

Or downloadable content: Holy hand grenade 300 micro points

Wouldn't suprise me at all. I'd still buy it though :weep:

Or downloadable content: Holy hand grenade 300 micro points

No, that would give certain players an advantage..

Awesome news this as I wasnt expecting it so early. Probably release it the same time as the new movie ( 30th March )

Ubisoft has confirmed that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will be heading to Xbox Live Arcade this month, and will be priced at 400 points.

The game is Ubisoft's first-ever Live Arcade release on the 360, and was originally a 1989 arcade hit. Conversion duties are being handled by retro stalwarts Digital Eclipse, and the side-scrolling beat 'em up will feature all seven levels. All are playable in co-op modes offline or online over Xbox Live for up to four players.

"The release of the TMNT classic arcade game on Xbox LIVE Arcade is Ubisoft's homage to a world-renowned franchise that for almost 20 years has captured the hearts of gamers," James Regan, director of new business development at Ubisoft told IGN this morning.

"Ubisoft is breathing new life into the video game franchise with the launch of our downloadable console games while remaining true to the unique core values that make the Turtles so timeless."

Won't not having the select worm option mean the game will be a little more strategic though?

Exactly my thinking. Select a Worm always means you can just pick the Worm closest to an enemy. I prefer without tbh.

I will but I really just want the option, at least for local multiplayer. And likewise I also want the option to use the concrete donkey....I loved that weapon! I just want a choice.

No, that would give certain players an advantage..

But wouldn't that be fantastic marketing because then everyone would want it therfore prchase the content and increase revenues for Team 17

But wouldn't that be fantastic marketing because then everyone would want it therfore prchase the content and increase revenues for Team 17

I can't remember if these are offical rules or not but the Microsoft guys were compiling a list of "marketplace commandments" and I'm sure one of them was that no one can release premium content that will give a user an advantage over users without the content. So if it IS an official rule then i doubt they could charge for it (and if they did i'm sure there would be a bit of an uproar about it)