NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

One thing that's bugging me: Guys, why are you keeping all the 360 discussion, including games discussion into one thread?! It's been bugging me for a while. You've got a whole board for you, the PS3 and other third party shizzle to share.

Stefkov is right. It's what we are used to and in my opinion it helps getting to know the other 360 owners!

I feel there is a good 360 community here, especially considering this is mainly a Nintendo forum, and I think this single thread helps.

Just played 2 hour session on F.E.A.R. great game online and offline! really glad i purchased this. now just waiting for NBA Homecourt too arrive this week.

One thing that's bugging me: Guys, why are you keeping all the 360 discussion, including games discussion into one thread?! It's been bugging me for a while. You've got a whole board for you, the PS3 and other third party shizzle to share.

Compare this thread to the PS3 one. It's almost like this thread has created a community. It's great organising online games on here, discussing the latest arcade releases, and what games people are getting. I got to know who people were through this thread.

I have 451 green orbs and a lame 149 blue orbs on Crackdown! What about everyone else?

Also are there anytips on getting driving skill up because I'm on 3 stars and its taking me forever to raise my level!?

After looking at my freinds list I want to get Crackdown now. A friend was telling me what he did with a friend, throwing him far inside a metal container.

Sounded fun.

We've been doing it a long time and I doubt anyone will want to make one thread for something.

Its just something that I have grown accustomed to. And thats probably what others have done.

Stefkov is right. It's what we are used to and in my opinion it helps getting to know the other 360 owners!

I feel there is a good 360 community here, especially considering this is mainly a Nintendo forum, and I think this single thread helps.

Compare this thread to the PS3 one. It's almost like this thread has created a community. It's great organising online games on here, discussing the latest arcade releases, and what games people are getting. I got to know who people were through this thread.

I see the benefits, but it does seem a bit odd at times. :D

It's a good thread, but if at times you feel it's moving too fast, don't be afraid to create seperate threads for individual games.

Heh we have some threads for other games, Blue Dragon got its own thread.

Thats all I remember. :p

After looking at my freinds list I want to get Crackdown now. A friend was telling me what he did with a friend, throwing him far inside a metal container.

Sounded fun.

Get it so I can play with you when my 360 is back :D

It's a good thread, but if at times you feel it's moving too fast, don't be afraid to create seperate threads for individual games.

I'm sure we used to get told that all 360 discussion was to be in the official thread by the forum nazi's :p

No doubt Halo 3 will get it's own thread sooner or later, same with some major PS3/Xbox 360 multiplatform games.

Yea, I have to admit, this is the thread I visit most! Everyone here is really good with general questions but I made a seperate thread when finding the best place to buy my 360.

Its was also good for organising a PGR3 Live session...although I was called away at the last minute and missed it! :red:

Anyone up for a N-E PGR3 "Cat'n'Mouse" session?

Yea, I have to admit, this is the thread I visit most! Everyone here is really good with general questions but I made a seperate thread when finding the best place to buy my 360.

Its was also good for organising a PGR3 Live session...although I was called away at the last minute and missed it! :red:

Anyone up for a N-E PGR3 "Cat'n'Mouse" session?

I'll be up for a PGR3/Gears of War/Crackdown night if some people are up for it in a week or 2 (or 3 if Microsoft are really slow at repairs).

I'll be up for a PGR3/Gears of War/Crackdown night if some people are up for it in a week or 2 (or 3 if Microsoft are really slow at repairs).

If only Crackdown could support a squad of 4 or 5 for co-op!

If only Crackdown could support a squad of 4 or 5 for co-op!

It would be cool if 4 people could mess around with Crackdown.

Ha yeah so that gives me some time then.:p

Crackdown 4-5 players would be awesome.

Oh Id be up for another gears etc night.

It would be cool if 4 people could mess around with Crackdown.

It'd make things far too easy, some of the bosses are easy enough as it is with only one player, they'd be a piece of piss with four.

It'd make things far too easy, some of the bosses are easy enough as it is with only one player, they'd be a piece of piss with four.

They could just beef up the enemy health...but even if they didn't I would still play it for fun! Maybe even have 2 vs 2 where it is a race to kill a boss or something along those lines!

I was thinking more just 4 people blowing stuff up rather than following the story. From what little I've played it does seem fairly easy, but I'm not that far into it yet.

[A]re there anytips on getting driving skill up because I'm on 3 stars and its taking me forever to raise my level!?

I got to 4 stars mainly by running down enemies and doing stunts.

It can be quite hard to mow down bad guys if you try to rush them from only a short distance away, but strangely they don't tend to dodge if you creep up to them slowly and then put your foot — or rather, finger — down at the last second.

However, as you're already on 3 stars stunts should be pretty viable as you'll have decent air control. I like to use the shacks on the beach near the Ferris wheel as they have small ramps on them and you can get quite a run up. Use the Agency SUV and just try to "Do a barrel roll!" or pull off the odd flip. You should be at 4 stars in no time.

There's Achievements for both pulling off stunts and mowing mobsters down, so you can always work towards them if you'd like some added incentive.

I have 451 green orbs and a lame 149 blue orbs on Crackdown! What about everyone else?

Also are there anytips on getting driving skill up because I'm on 3 stars and its taking me forever to raise my level!?

Heres what I did. I put it on Time Trial and fought the boss in the car arena (sorry cant remember his name ) and just went around killing them with a car, rinse and repeat and you will have it in no time.

I got to 4 stars mainly by running down enemies and doing stunts.

It can be quite hard to mow down bad guys if you try to rush them from only a short distance away, but strangely they don't tend to dodge if you creep up to them slowly and then put your foot — or rather, finger — down at the last second.

However, as you're already on 3 stars stunts should be pretty viable as you'll have decent air control. I like to use the shacks on the beach near the Ferris wheel as they have small ramps on them and you can get quite a run up. Use the Agency SUV and just try to "Do a barrel roll!" or pull off the odd flip. You should be at 4 stars in no time.

There's Achievements for both pulling off stunts and mowing mobsters down, so you can always work towards them if you'd like some added incentive.

Heres what I did. I put it on Time Trial and fought the boss in the car arena (sorry cant remember his name ) and just went around killing them with a car, rinse and repeat and you will have it in no time.

Cheers! I'll do those tomorrow, can't wait!

I'm sure we used to get told that all 360 discussion was to be in the official thread by the forum nazi's :p

we did, proves how many xbox fans are in this on ne, that we're now allowed to make more threads!

Wow. I really fucking hate GRAW2....Downloaded it last night, had about a game and I hate it. Hate it hate it hate it. Couldnt even get into it. The moving of the gun cursor is static and shifty, not smooth at all...feels like you're actually controlling it with a D-Pad. Weird circles flying around you...dont care if it serves a purpose, it looks weird. Horrible movement, loses stealth for opponents when it outlines them in orange.

Pretty much hated all of it.

I played GRAW 2 last night with some mates and it was great, just like the first one. The only problem with the demo is that on the co-op mission you only have 10 mins and with a game like GRAW you cant just run and gun or its game over.