NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

I was thinking about getting Shenmue 2. I completed the first one on my Dreamcast and it only just occured to me to look for the second one now that it should be quite cheap. Anyone played it? Is it worth getting? Know where I can find it on the uber-cheap?

1. I got Amped 3 from Gameplay.

2. Shenmue II = Get it, or badgers will eat your eyes.

I do want to get it but the best price I've found is £17. I was expecting to find it a bit cheaper...

I've finally played Kameo for the first time and it's better game than I thought it was going to be but I'm glad I rented since it's so short and the achievements are easy.

I thought Kameo was a great game, I enjoyed playing the single player. Didnt get all of the achievements.

My 360 was playing up last night. If you were on I cant remember when, maybe late. I kept going on then offline. It was crashing a lot. Maybe that was to do with me downloading stuff and there was a lot of traffic I dont know, but it was really annoying to see PGR3 loading my profile. I check the guide button for who's on and its crashes. I think its fixed now. Note to self, dont play xbox while downloading.

My 360 was playing up last night. If you were on I cant remember when, maybe late. I kept going on then offline. It was crashing a lot. Maybe that was to do with me downloading stuff and there was a lot of traffic I dont know, but it was really annoying to see PGR3 loading my profile. I check the guide button for who's on and its crashes. I think its fixed now. Note to self, dont play xbox while downloading.
I think that's a particular problem with PGR3 actually, it crashes a lot if you try to open the guide whilst it's loading stuff. Downloading at the same time shouldn't make a difference.

Did you try leaving it a few seconds (up to 20-30)? Cus what you described happened to me and it was just freezing up for a while and then working again after that with mine.

I just played some Pro Evo and it was working fine. I tried PFR3 again earlier and I did a couple of races. I think it was because I was downloading some stuff on my pc so it was really slow getting my gamercard online.

If this is true then I will be in my element....

Source: Xbox fan site Unscripted 360, which picked up on a "partially torn document."

The official story: Microsoft rep--"We have nothing to say about these rumors or speculation."

What we heard: One of the more surprising innovations from Microsoft's Xbox 360 was the incorporation of achievement points into gameplay. By accomplishing certain tasks in Xbox 360 games, players are awarded points that are amassed into a personal GamerScore, which spans all Xbox 360 games. The phenomenon has created "achievement point ***," friendly competition, a cash-for-points business, and a cutthroat race to the top of the leaderboards.

However, when all is said and done, achievement points amount to nothing but bragging rights among the geek elite. That's all about to change, if a post from Xbox 360 fan site Unscripted 360 is correct.

The Web site claims to have gotten hold of "a partially torn document" that gives information on an upcoming achievements-for-rewards program. According to the blog post, Microsoft has teamed up with some sponsors that would give a limited number of real-world prizes for in-game goals. The program will be free, requiring registration only, and will launch next month, according to the blog.

As far as credibility, the owner of the blog, who goes by the name DeaconBlade 360, is an Xbox Ambassador and was awarded the Microsoft MVP Award for 2007 in the Xbox category. He also adds a bit of drama to the post, saying, "I, along with a few others, are risking quite a bit bringing this explosive story to you!"

Microsoft isn't saying much about the program but did give a hint that it is at least thinking about it. "We have nothing to say about these rumors or speculation," a Microsoft representative told GameSpot. "However, what we can tell you is that Xbox is always exploring ideas for how we can reward our loyal customers. As soon as we have anything new to share, we will definitely let you know."

With the success of achievement points catching many off guard, it wouldn't be surprising if Microsoft were looking to cash in on them somehow, and a rewards program makes perfect sense. By signing on sponsors looking to tap the gamer demographic, Microsoft could find another easy source of income for little investment. The only question that remains is "What kind of schwag are we talking about for prizes?"

Bogus or not bogus?: Sounds not bogus, but definitely not confirmed...yet.

That sounds pretty awesome. I wonder what awards they could give out.

Ive just ordered a 2100 points card, but it doesnt work on my american account, is that meant to happen?

Ive just ordered a 2100 points card, but it doesnt work on my american account, is that meant to happen?

Yes.

The points are reigion locked.

I finally bought Gears of War yesterday, hopefully it should arrive tomorrow....

Can't to finally play it.

About time Charlie :)

This if the first time I've had any spare money since before the Wii came out. :(

Yes.

The points are reigion locked.

Bollocks. Ah well, ill find a good use for them. any americans fancy getting some for me, marshmellow_7? Just emailing the code, then ill paypal the money.

Moria you'll love it, well hopefully, especially co-op thats a blast. I think we need another Gears night. Anyone up for one?

I finally bought Gears of War yesterday, hopefully it should arrive tomorrow....

Can't to finally play it.

Sent it out today for ya mate, 1st class. Should arrive tmw.

Sent it out today for ya mate, 1st class. Should arrive tmw.

Awesome, thanks. I'm off school tomorrow morning, so instead of revising I can play this.

Mabey he sent it off without an adress on like he did with me.

Haha, really?

How did it get to you in the end?

XBLA News....

Vampire hunters, artillery-toting worms, rambunctious aliens and trailblazing settlers are among the “likeable†characters that will soon make their debut in living rooms everywhere via Xbox Live® Arcade for Xbox 360™ as part of the award-winning service’s upcoming round of new game releases. Starting with the first release in February, 10 highly anticipated titles will begin making their way to Xbox Live Arcade, including these (titles are not listed in chronological release order):

“3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures,†from developer Wanako Games and publisher Sierra Online, allows gamers to putt their way through 36 fun-filled holes of manic minigolf action on wild courses that range from the Old West to outer space and feature a bevy of crazy hazards and obstacles.

“Alien Hominid HD†from The Behemoth features side-scrolling, hysterical cartoon action with a quirky twist and exclusive Xbox Live Arcade features.

“Band of Bugs†from NinjaBee is a fast-paced tactical strategy game that offers gameplay deep enough to satisfy tactical genre fans and friendly enough to appeal to casual gamers. Creative gamers can even design their own levels with the built-in level editor, then play them solo or over Xbox Live with friends.*

“Castlevania: Symphony of the Night†from Konami is a faithful version of this legendary classic updated for Xbox Live Arcade and featuring the game’s full soundtrack and memorable side-scrolling vampire-hunting action.

“Catan,†from developer Big Huge Games Inc. and publisher Microsoft® Game Studios, is a faithful remake of the immensely popular strategy board game.

“Eets: Chowdown†from Klei Entertainment Inc. is a completely revamped version of the popular PC title of the same name. It offers new items, 120 new levels and the exclusive debut of Marsho Madness, a high-adrenaline action game in which players must keep the impending evil marshmallows at bay.

“LUXOR 2,†from developer MumboJumbo LLC, sets a new standard for action puzzlers as players match and shoot their way through the land of ancient Egypt.

“Paperboy,†from developer Digital Eclipse and publisher Midway, is a classic coin-op hit, specially enhanced for Xbox Live Arcade.

“Root Beer Tapper,†also from developer Digital Eclipse and publisher Midway, features fast-paced reflex action as players scramble to keep thirsty patrons happy without dropping root beer mugs in the scramble to earn the biggest tips.

“Worms†from developer Team 17 Software Ltd. features armies of adorable weapon-toting worms locked in tactical combat.

The popularity of Xbox Live Arcade continues to grow as downloads have surpassed 20 million games. These 10 titles are just a sample of the diverse and entertaining games that will be coming to the service in 2007.

Several of these games also mark significant firsts for Xbox Live Arcade, including the first turn-based strategy game to be released on the service (“Wormsâ€), the first Xbox Live Arcade board game release (“Catanâ€), and the first Xbox Live Arcade outdoor sports game release (“3D Ultra Minigolf Adventuresâ€).

All these games are scheduled to become available during Xbox Live Arcade Wednesdays in the coming weeks, and specific game information will be announced closer to each game’s launch date. Although a game may not be launched every week, every Wednesday is an opportunity to share in the Xbox Live Arcade experience with friends and family.

Awesome, thanks. I'm off school tomorrow morning, so instead of revising I can play this.

Haha, really?

How did it get to you in the end?

It came back to him in the post then he re sent it with the addy on.