NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

How much do points cost? Plus what should I be buying off of Live when I get my 360 at the weekend?

Just download the demos of all the arcade games you like the look of, play them and if you want to play them again, buy them.

However, my pick of the bunch are Geometry Wars, Cloning Clyde, Uno and Pac Man. Opinions on the arcade differ wildly.

How much do points cost?
Xbox Live 500 Microsoft Points bundle

Price: £4.25

Xbox Live 1000 Microsoft Points bundle

Price: £8.50

Xbox Live 2000 Microsoft Points bundle

Price: £17.00

Xbox Live 5000 Microsoft Points bundle

Price: £42.50

I just got some points and I'm wondering what game I should get.

Yeah I want that, definitely!

I might go on a trial downloading spree and see whats good.

Geometry Wars and Marble Blast Ultra are by far the best arcade titles, MBU in particular is insane value for money. I still play the multiplayer several nights a week.

Geometry Wars and Marble Blast Ultra are by far the best arcade titles, MBU in particular is insane value for money. I cheat always and never play fairly with loads of extreme moves and daring jumps that piss me the fuck off you asshole at the multiplayer several nights a week.

Yeah, that's right.

You all missed out Outpost Kaloki X, brillant game. Bejeweled and Hexic are really good aswell.

Although expensive Lumines is really good. Geometry Wars is the best game EVER MADE, And obviously Hexic but doesn't everyone with a hard drive have that?

Get Worms when it's out OR ELSE.

Although expensive Lumines is really good. Geometry Wars is the best game EVER MADE, And obviously Hexic but doesn't everyone with a hard drive have that?

Get Worms when it's out OR ELSE.

I will get worms dammit. :heh:

I'm pretty sure everyone with a HDD gets Hexic. I love that game. Is geometry wars the one that you can play in PGR3 on those arcade machines?

I'm not too keen on that game. Its fun its just overwhelming.

Oh yeah I got PGR3. I love it.

Also now no-one who has palyed it has an excuse that they've never heard of Hot Hot Heat. Island of the Honest Man is on there.

Ps is there a way to make the engines go quiter in PGR3 so I can at least hear the music?

Yes,

Well fun game, proper funny storyline. Apart from that its just like SSX or any other snowboardin game. The storyline is what made it fun for me though.

wooooo i can't wait for the Heavenly Star skin for Lumines Live!

I was one of the few people who bought the song off iTunes and i fucking adore it! its soooo goood :D i'm just left wondering when is the artist pack going to come out cos it was meant to be January- GRRRRRRR!!!

Ps is there a way to make the engines go quiter in PGR3 so I can at least hear the music?

The sound options????

The sound options????

I went in and everything was full. I didnt see an option to turn down the engine volume.

Thanks 'theguyfromsparks' and Stefkov. Plus everyone else. Didn't know you could download demos for free. Thats cool. I'm suprised there is no insentive to buy larger sums of points (well apart from the 5000 one). Think I'll give geomatary wars a spin and worms, if it's mandatory!

I really should listen to Hot Hot Heat more.

Turn the music volume up in the Blade menu if it's your own music.

If it's the game's music, turn down the sound effects in sound settings.

Thanks 'theguyfromsparks' and Stefkov. Plus everyone else. Didn't know you could download demos for free. Thats cool. I'm suprised there is no insentive to buy larger sums of points (well apart from the 5000 one). Think I'll give geomatary wars a spin and worms, if it's mandatory!

I really should listen to Hot Hot Heat more.

You've heard Island of the Honest man? You lucky boy :heh:

What I dont like about the xbox is that when you download a demo, it saves it in your played games as if you've purchased it. Eg on that gamercard website where you can look at your points etc. I want to know how many points I'm missing out on the games ive purchased. I got joust and frogger in the list i didnt get.

You've heard Island of the Honest man? You lucky boy :heh:

What I dont like about the xbox is that when you download a demo, it saves it in your played games as if you've purchased it. Eg on that gamercard website where you can look at your points etc. I want to know how many points I'm missing out on the games ive purchased. I got joust and frogger in the list i didnt get.

Yeah I don't like that either, cus it makes me look sad like I went out and bought loads of arcade games, or that I'm rubbish with a list of 0's next to all my games. I also don't want people thinking I paid money for some of these games...

Yes,

Well fun game, proper funny storyline. Apart from that its just like SSX or any other snowboardin game. The storyline is what made it fun for me though.

Got it off Gameplay for £12.99, thought it was worth that. Looks quite funny, and like something I can pick up and play. I was always interested but didn't want to spend much on it. Wanted to play the demo first but it's been going for about an hour and a half now and it's downloaded 30%.

Oh and Tak, Lumines = Cool. But I'm still not paying for packs.

Yeah I don't like that either, cus it makes me look sad like I went out and bought loads of arcade games, or that I'm rubbish with a list of 0's next to all my games. I also don't want people thinking I paid money for some of these games...

Got it off Gameplay for £12.99, thought it was worth that. Looks quite funny, and like something I can pick up and play. I was always interested but didn't want to spend much on it. Wanted to play the demo first but it's been going for about an hour and a half now and it's downloaded 30%.

Yeah, I hate seeing those 0's next to the games and ive not fully played them. Or even poepel think I've paid money for the game, I'm a rich bastard and dont even play them cos i got loads of games.

I've been thinking if I want Amped 3 or not. I like snowboarding and saw it in gamestation pondering whether to get it.

Gauntlet for co-op goodness.

Gauntlet was made for co-op.

Now just for everyone else on Xbox live realizing that.....

Oh and Tak, Lumines = Cool. But I'm still not paying for packs.

I AM!!! :D:D:D

i mean 100 points for the vs CPU pack and the puzzle one too is a bargain, and the Heavenly Star skin is free! :D

i bought the advance pack the day it came out so i may as well buy all the content for this bitch of a great game.

Lumines + HD + Surround Sound = AWESOME!!!

Yeah, I hate seeing those 0's next to the games and ive not fully played them. Or even poepel think I've paid money for the game, I'm a rich bastard and dont even play them cos i got loads of games.

I've been thinking if I want Amped 3 or not. I like snowboarding and saw it in gamestation pondering whether to get it.

I should have it Thursday so I'll let you know how it compares to SSX, 1080 etc.

I AM!!! :D:D:D

i mean 100 points for the vs CPU pack and the puzzle one too is a bargain, and the Heavenly Star skin is free! :D

i bought the advance pack the day it came out so i may as well buy all the content for this bitch of a great game.

Lumines + HD + Surround Sound = AWESOME!!!

If I loved Lumines as much as you do then I'd consider it. But.... 600 points for an add on pack for an arcade game?

If I loved Lumines as much as you do then I'd consider it. But.... 600 points for an add on pack for an arcade game?

The advanced pack shold have been included in the main game but its well worth it since it has the best skins and it at least doubles the skin count for the main game.

the other ones gunna cost 300 unless you get them in the first couple weeks then they'll only cost you 100 points.

i don't even know how to play puzzle mode :S