NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

For those yet to get Gears of War and are planning to, or for those who haven't played it in Co-op, I highly suggest you do. It's so much more fun.

I played through to the end boss at first (only on casual) by myself, but was having a bit of trouble with him. My computer controlled buddy just kept doing little suicide runs and being useless. My brother came over yesterday and we did it second go. (My brother was a bit of a fool and died the first time, but it was Xmas so I let it go).

Also, having moved up to the next difficulty level I'm only playing it co-op now (played tonight with Haver), I think it's easier than it was on Casual having a human team mate.

Away from GoW, Viva Pinata is still excellent. I'd left it for a while, but got back in to it last couple of days having only just bothered to set up another couple of gardens, makes it so much easier being able to set aside certain gardens for water pinata and stuff like that.

Yeah, the fact you split money between the 2 as well is a nice touch. How do you delete gardens though?

when I got I helped a friend pass it on Insane, and I got the Gamer points for passing it on Insane, Hardcore, and Casual. It was a nice surprise:wink:

The hassle I've just had getting my 360. As you do I did my research online for the cheapest price. Now oddly HMV gave the best price online because of my student discount. I'm an impatient swine and decided to get one in store so I could take it home instead of having to wait.

I get there get the items all tilled up, and the lady was like "we don't do discount on consoles", which is very true, no where does, but to hell am I paying £350 just for a premium console, gears of war and an extra wireless controller. I told her I'd get it off the net with the discount, a small discussion broke out of I wouldn't get the discount on it.

Well the jokes on them, ordered a premium console bundled with pro evo, gears of war and an extra wireless controller for £322 instead of £350. Now I could've got better deals in gamestation, but I didn't want PGR3 and all the other crap they throw in.

So remember chaps, hmv website = discount. :P

Got to agree with Bowser, don't even touch GoW unless your playing with a mate (unless its a ScottyMate, because he's a prick). It's so much easier and enjoyable in co-op than on your own. CTU Mason and myself recently finished it on insane (after dying about 37 times in the minecart act), there's no way I could have done that alone.

I still need to get GoW, but I really can't afford it. :(

Anyone know of a good rental website that gives you a free trial that can be cancelled once its over?

Just got a Wireless Headset £30 , 12 Months Live £35, and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six £40

Just got a Wireless Headset £30 , 12 Months Live £35, and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six £40

isnt there any sites that do 12 months + live vision anyone which you can take advantage of?....or have you already got a camera?

oblivion soon woooo

and really liking splinter cell just done the boat mission SO good as you can do what you like so i just shot them all or snuck up and chucked them overboard

I'm really tempted to dip into the overdraft a little and buy my own unit with the Christmas cheques for when I go back down to Warwick. I love everything about it, especially that Outpost Kaloki X and Gears co-up, obv.

Played a bit of Geometry Wars in my sleep last night, so got up early to put my hard work to good use.

LAID DOWN THE GAUNTLET, DIDN'T I BOWSER 57 QUESTION MARK

I love everything about it, especially that Outpost Kaloki X and Gears co-up, obv.

that outpost is well gud, i forgot i even had it. Need to play some of that

The hassle I've just had getting my 360. As you do I did my research online for the cheapest price. Now oddly HMV gave the best price online because of my student discount. I'm an impatient swine and decided to get one in store so I could take it home instead of having to wait.

I get there get the items all tilled up, and the lady was like "we don't do discount on consoles", which is very true, no where does, but to hell am I paying £350 just for a premium console, gears of war and an extra wireless controller. I told her I'd get it off the net with the discount, a small discussion broke out of I wouldn't get the discount on it.

Well the jokes on them, ordered a premium console bundled with pro evo, gears of war and an extra wireless controller for £322 instead of £350. Now I could've got better deals in gamestation, but I didn't want PGR3 and all the other crap they throw in.

So remember chaps, hmv website = discount. :P

Woah woah woaaaaah, sweet baby jesus and the orphans! Project Gotham Racing 3 is FUCKING brilliant.

isnt there any sites that do 12 months + live vision anyone which you can take advantage of?....or have you already got a camera?

oblivion soon woooo

and really liking splinter cell just done the boat mission SO good as you can do what you like so i just shot them all or snuck up and chucked them overboard

Can't believe you got Oblivion for so cheap. It's a really great game, one of my favourites on 360 so far.

Does Splinter Cell get better the more you play? Because I haven't enjoyed it much so far. But it might just be because I haven't put much time into it.

How do you get your face on your character on TC:RSV? I cant get to the right screen.

oblivion soon woooo

The shop where I just got the stuff from had that package for £50, I already had a vision camera

Virgin do student discounts instore, as it said so on the labels of the bundles when I was pricing 360's up before I got one.

I got mine from Gamestation instore, PGR3 (that I gave to my brother for Xmas as I didn't want it), GoW (Special Edition or whatever it is), Viva Pinata and an extra wireless pad for £320.

Virgin do student discounts instore, as it said so on the labels of the bundles when I was pricing 360's up before I got one.

I got mine from Gamestation instore, PGR3 (that I gave to my brother for Xmas as I didn't want it), GoW (Special Edition or whatever it is), Viva Pinata and an extra wireless pad for £320.

Unfortunately Luton doesn't have a Virgijn Megastore, and I didn't see that deal in my local Gamestation. The two offers that caught my eye in Gamestation were;

Premium Console + Wireless Entertainment Bundle + WWE Smackdown! Vs. RAW 2007 + Any Game = £309.99

But I didn't want half of the stuff, so I'd save pennies, but get two games I don't want.

Premium Console + Any two games..Can't actually remember the price on this one though, and I wanted the second controller.

Just waiting for HMV to dispatch now, hopefulyl it'll be sent tomorrow and arrive friday.

Sneak King arrived today. It's region locked, I read otherwise everywhere. Grrr.

wish our Burger Kings did something like that...it looks quite good.

Also Ramar, as soon as you set up online, make sure you post your gamertag name thing. :)

Thats a point I didn't buy a subscription to Xbox Live. Anyone want to tell me what I need to get it sorted. I've got a wired router, so I'm assuming I connect the bad boy to that using an Rj-45 cable.

Just connect it up to your router via ethernet and you're ready to good. You get a months free XBL Gold or you can upgrade to a year for £39.99 on the Xbox.

I'm pretty sure you can, you get an ethernet cable, and a months free trial to live. Definitely worth it to get it for the year though. Gears of War with people online is brilliant.

I'm clearly a tosser who can't make his mind up. I've just pre ordered Lost Planet.

Gears of War with people online is brilliant.

That is very very true.

I suggest saving a few pennies and getting Xbox Live for £32.99

Cool I'll order that as soon as the xbox is despatched. Amazon is literally 10 miles down the road.

get xbox live 12 month off eBay, i got mine for £20, was a £25 buy it now or best offer auction, offered him £20 quid, and tah dah. American companies have hold of shit loads, and sell em really cheap. They send you the code within hours of winning the auction.

get xbox live 12 month off eBay, i got mine for £20, was a £25 buy it now or best offer auction, offered him £20 quid, and tah dah. American companies have hold of shit loads, and sell em really cheap. They send you the code within hours of winning the auction.

haha exactley what I did.

great minds think alike.

Woah woah woaaaaah, sweet baby jesus and the orphans! Project Gotham Racing 3 is FUCKING brilliant.

Can't believe you got Oblivion for so cheap. It's a really great game, one of my favourites on 360 so far.

Does Splinter Cell get better the more you play? Because I haven't enjoyed it much so far. But it might just be because I haven't put much time into it.

on a mission now where have to record a meeting and where better then working your way down the side of a building (beautiful graphics if look down at shanghai) then had to avoid a search light of a helicopter while edging around looking for a way into the building...which comes into the shape of a guy looking out the window for me so grabbed him and chucked him out (while i look at his body fall hundreds of feet)

ACE GAME..love splinter cell games :yay:

on a mission now where have to record a meeting and where better then working your way down the side of a building (beautiful graphics if look down at shanghai) then had to avoid a search light of a helicopter while edging around looking for a way into the building...which comes into the shape of a guy looking out the window for me so grabbed him and chucked him out (while i look at his body fall hundreds of feet)

ACE GAME..love splinter cell games :yay:

Yeah boi, cant beat splinter cell, fuckin amazin. Im tryna get the 95% online achievment, then i get the final merc costume. woo!