NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Fixed 1080p on some TV's

Fixed some issues with the wired headset on the wireless pads

Dashboard seems to be running a little faster too

Oh and fixed the weird sync issue with the ring of light on start up that very few people had (me included)

Fixed 1080p on some TV's

Fixed some issues with the wired headset on the wireless pads

Dashboard seems to be running a little faster too

Oh and fixed the weird sync issue with the ring of light on start up that very few people had (me included)

Nice one cheers.

I was wondering, is there any major difference bewteen 1080i and 1080p? Because my tv supports 1080i and anything below, but when I change my Xbox display to 1080p I get no image. I hope i'm not missing out on anything amazing.

1080i = 540p upscaled.

1080p = crazy... and to be honest unless you're on a 50+ inch TV you're not gunna notice the difference between that and 720p.

can somebody tell me why 1080p doesn't work on my LCD I'm sure there's some simple reason why it doesn't work I just don't know it... My monitor natively displays at 1920x1200 and my 360 works in 1080i but for some reason it won't display in 1080p. I have my 360 connected through a component cable maybe should I connect it with a VGA cable? Or does my monitor simply not support 1080p?

1920 × 1080 is 1080p... technically you should be able to do that unless it just can't.

But yeah, try a VGA cable or even research your TV on the net to see if anyone else has had this problem.

Or does my monitor simply not support 1080p?

Thats the most probable reason.

1080i = 540p upscaled.

1080p = crazy... and to be honest unless you're on a 50+ inch TV you're not gunna notice the difference between that and 720p.

1080i looks better than 720p on my TV.

It might look better, but its technically worse. Interlaced looks pretty bad in cases, especially when theres a large depth.

Hmm, I haven't actually noticed any difference in 720p and 1080i, oh well.

Can anyone tell me what the VGA cable actually does, is it worth getting for an HDTV over the cables you get with the Xbox?

Who the hell keeps putting stickers on EVERYTHING?! Got Splinter Cell the other day... sticker on the back. Got Viva Pinata today... sticker on the front. And they're not the really good stickers you get at like Gamestation where you can peel them off in 2 seconds, they're the shitty ones that take half hour and leave a load of sticky shit all on the case.

Still, looking forward to my weekend of Splinter Cell, Viva Pinata, and Gears of War.

the face future in Vegas is awesome ! It actually looks like me :yay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY5QrU2dcUM&eurl=

does look like you...i want the camera now.

Went in GAME and saw Viva pinata. Not for sale yet, but i looked at the limited edition case thing, and I'm sorry but i don't want to pay an extra £10 for that, is felt flimsy and cheap.

Who the hell keeps putting stickers on EVERYTHING?! Got Splinter Cell the other day... sticker on the back. Got Viva Pinata today... sticker on the front. And they're not the really good stickers you get at like Gamestation where you can peel them off in 2 seconds, they're the shitty ones that take half hour and leave a load of sticky shit all on the case.

Still, looking forward to my weekend of Splinter Cell, Viva Pinata, and Gears of War.

Apparently, rubbing the sticker residue with a rubber/eraser makes it come off.

You mean those 48 hour Live trial stickers?

I gave up trying to get those off after ruining a box.

From Eurogamer:

Halo is undoubtedly one of the most popular game series in the world, and it's hit a new peak this evening (or games journalism's hit a new low - you decide) as the press descends on the announcement of an advert for it.

Not the advert itself, you understand, but the promise of one. It's due to show during ESPN Monday Night Football in the US next week, lasts for 60 seconds, and will soon appear on Xbox.com in Europe (at around 2.15am GMT on Tuesday), and on Xbox Live Marketplace.

Microsoft informs us that the ad's been created by McCann Erickson, whose recent work includes the Mastercard "priceless" ads and those ones about bringing the family together with Bisto gravy. It will deliver "a unique and compelling look at Master Chief and the world of Halo 3" apparently.

So look out for that, then, and in the meantime there's a still shot from the ad lurking to my left, along with links to all the recent Halo 3 movement on its gamepage, where you can find details of the forthcoming beta, and check out some archive footage.

a_med_halo_3_still.jpg

I know most peeps already knew about this but still, exciting times ahead!

does look like you...i want the camera now.

Went in GAME and saw Viva pinata. Not for sale yet, but i looked at the limited edition case thing, and I'm sorry but i don't want to pay an extra £10 for that, is felt flimsy and cheap.

The limited edition is £45. Dunno about the normal. Tis kinda cheap, but it has a kids storybook feel to it, probably done on purpose. And theres a bonus DVD with useless crap on! (oohs and ahhs)

The limited edition is £45. Dunno about the normal. Tis kinda cheap, but it has a kids storybook feel to it, probably done on purpose. And theres a bonus DVD with useless crap on! (oohs and ahhs)

Well, I suppose the special edition is something for kids, I just picked up the normal, totally brialliant, version.

You mean those 48 hour Live trial stickers?

I gave up trying to get those off after ruining a box.

Yep, glued with the saliva of satan.

Oh man, played FEAR yesterday at my mate's house and I love it!!! Its fookin amazing.

Apparently, rubbing the sticker residue with a rubber/eraser makes it come off.

That just made it pink :blank:

That just made it pink :blank:

White Spirit will do the job though :D

Oh man, played FEAR yesterday at my mate's house and I love it!!! Its fookin amazing.

But its royally shite compared to the PC version...

:horse:

on the thing about removing sticker residue-furniture polish works a charm on everything, spray on, let it soak for a couple seconds and just rub :D

And then trying to sell it on the forums - MINT condition but may smell of furniture polish

I haven't played the PC version and I agree. Although the game doesn't keep the momentum going :/

But it still has many impresive things. I love the physics and the shadows.

To all those that complain about sticky stuff, dab a bit of metholated spirits on a cloth (a little) and it just rubs off, if you dont know what it is ask your dad or pop to B&Q.

And then trying to sell it on the forums - MINT condition but may smell of furniture polish

don't sell it on forums-TRADE IN :D lol

Got my HD-DVD player today, The HD-DVD's are Amazing, Its unbelievable how much better they look.

Anyone know where the cheapest place you can buy HD-DVD's from ?

thx