NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Certain Xbox Live subscribers got an e-mail today asking for their participation in a super long survey earlier today. Normally surveys like these are boring, there’s a reason certain companies pay you to fill them in, but this one was rather interesting. It asked participants how interested they were in certain first party accessories and Live features. Among the subjects was a web browser, a joystick specifically designed for Xbox Live Arcade games, a mini-keyboard you can plug into your controller for text messaging and a black ‘premium’ controller. Hit the jump for the most interesting excerpts.

survey1.jpg

survey2.jpg

How interested would you be in buying an Xbox 360 branded mini-keyboard plug-in device for your controller to make text messaging and chat easier, assuming it would cost between $19-$29?

Paying per song (~$0.99/song) to download music to your Xbox 360 hard drive from a music service. You would be able to use this service while playing a game.

Paying a subscription per month (~$14.99/mo) to stream any and all music to your Xbox360 from a library of over 2 Million songs. You would be able to use this service while playing a game.

Paying per video (~$19.99/movie, $1.99/TV show) to download standard definition full movies and TV shows to your Xbox360 hard drive

Renting movies (~$3.99/movie) that are downloaded in standard definition to your Xbox 360 until you watch them and then are deleted

Paying a subscription per month (~$5.99/mo) to access 10-20 internet radio stations streamed to your Xbox 360. You would be able to use this service while playing a game.

How interested would you be in using an integrated Xbox 360 Web browser that would allow you to access and browse the Internet over your Xbox Live connection?

How interested would you be in participating in beta tests for upcoming games if they cost an additional incremental fee?

While these are all very interesting questions they still don’t guarantee that this stuff might actually happen. That said, Microsoft isn’t asking you about web browsers and ‘premium’ controllers because they’re bored and it’s safe to say that we’ll see at least one of these products if the demand is there.

We removed the link to the survey since it may be linked to the person granting us the survey, and there seems to be an NDA attached to it right now which wasn’t there at first. It’s got usual Microsoft security though, allowing you to deeplink to later questions so recipients can access the information without consenting.

xboxic

I think the arcade stick would be quite cool :)

almost broke a controller in a rage playing Street Fighter 2 :P

The thing is...when you go on http://www.videogamesplus.ca and check their blog, it states nothing about GOW etc.. being region-free. Well it doesn't on my screen.

Theres a stupid rumour going around that GOW is going to be delayed in Europe till 8/12/06 to compete with the Wii. If thats true, i'm importing it. Although it's so doubtful seeing as Microsoft is pumping loads of money into advertisining 'Emergence day' on the 17/11/06.

GoW will be out when its supposed to be out, next Friday.

I'm fairly hyped about it... the games gone from an Unreal Engine 3 tech demo to a fully fledged game thats scored really well.

The thing is...when you go on http://www.videogamesplus.ca and check their blog, it states nothing about GOW etc.. being region-free. Well it doesn't on my screen.

Theres a stupid rumour going around that GOW is going to be delayed in Europe till 8/12/06 to compete with the Wii. If thats true, i'm importing it. Although it's so doubtful seeing as Microsoft is pumping loads of money into advertisining 'Emergence day' on the 17/11/06.

WHAT A PILE OF DOGGY POOPOO!!!

if you even thought about believing that you deserve a good kick up the arse lol

they wont delay a game so close to its launch like Gears is, after so much has been seen of it. and to combat Wii?!?! M$ are more likely to lower the price of the 360 or release a bundle pack than to fuck of its core supporters and exsisting customers.

AAAAAAANYWAY stupid rumours aside gears or war is going to be amazing!!! even more so now after my HD TV discovery :D

i got addicted to playing Lumines Live this morning, had to kill myself just to be able to make my first thing of the day (a peer assesment marking thingy)

ROLL ON THE 17TH :D

I posted this before, but here you go.

If that were true I simply wouldn't bother picking up GoW; I'm already spending more than enough on the 8th.

Hmm, CoD3 got a good review on ign (8.8). This is surprising as I was expecting another Big Red One instead of another CoD2, my expectations of this game have grown slightly, I may pick this one up.

its states there its region free they put it in a pal 360 and played it

since buying pro evo i really have been using x-box live loads (before this only been on it once with PGR3), so anyway if people wanna add me then that would be cool (as currently have no friends lol) anyway my gamertag is: dalbir

Just wached a Gears footage video again and its looking amazing.

Currently I'm downloading the video review off ign.

That wireless joystick looks pretty cool. Doubt ill buy it, i dont play Street fighter enough anyway, its too hard.

Cant freakin wait for Gears!!!!!I've got too many gamse i havnt payed on in a while, I need to complete them so i can sell them..its gonna take a while though.

Yeah, it's showing up on my screen now that Gears Of War is region free etc.. on VGP! I'm going to buy the PAL version still though! Roll on next Thursday! :yay:

COD3 is amazing!!!!! Well the first level is anyway! SUPERB graphics, loads more people on screen, loads of explosions, superb sound on a surround sound system and overall feels more atmospheric then the second. It's like a movie! So pleased i got it, was a little worried that it would be totally different to COD2 but it isn't.

One thing i'm not sure about? When the enemy attacks you and you have to do a button combo type thing to wrestle with him....just a little too OTT for me...

Overall? It's amazing so far, Gears Of War may win the battle of the shooters though overall but COD3 is worth a purchase!

I want COD 3 more than Gears of War so damn much.

I'm struggling to think of a game that looks less interesting that GOW :sad:

I really want a 360.....maybe when the price drops. Whats the likely hood of its price dropping anytime soon?

Also, why isn't there 2 player co-op? Not just 1 player/1 computer co-op!!

Since when wasn't there? Read the IGN review, it says about 12 times that the SP has been designed around co-op, and is much more fun in co-op, etc, etc.

Dissapointing GOW's single player only lasts 7-8 hours (on the first difficulty though, but still)!

Gametrailers video review - Score: 9.1

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=14748&type=wmv&pl=game

Since when wasn't there? Read the IGN review, it says about 12 times that the SP has been designed around co-op, and is much more fun in co-op, etc, etc.

Yeah there's Splitscreen co-op, system link co-op, and Live co-op.

I'm no bothered about how many hours people who play this game hours on end to find the best route to tell us that the game will last 7-8 hours. I will play it at my own pace.

Watched the ign video review and it looks even more fantastic. 4 on 4 sounds ok, but then i thought, they could patch it later down the line for a 8 on 8?

I was gonna say something else but totally forgot.

That was it, they said theres no point in doing the normal difficulty, because its really easy, just get onto the second difficulty straight away and that'll be a challenge, then go onto insane.

cant wait.

Got Call of Duty 3 today, My first CoD game and I must say it's rather fun. I'm also glad it has 4 player split-screen and online.

I really want a 360.....maybe when the price drops. Whats the likely hood of its price dropping anytime soon?

no-people always ask but don't expect a drop this side of next august

Dissapointing GOW's single player only lasts 7-8 hours (on the first difficulty though, but still)!

there is 2 player split screen co-op locally and upto 4 player co-op over live i believe-1 player is you and 3 AI.

Not this year. Try March (PS3 Launch)

I'm playing 2player co-op using splitscreen on GOW right now. ^^

You lucky son of a bitch.