N-Europe

Your favorite sales technique

DiemetriX

I know I'm not the only one here that works in a gamestore. Just wondering what your favorite sales technique is.

Mine is the Gamerakings one.

If they ask you if a "bad/mediocre" game is good say that you haven't played it and recommend them a good game and/or say that you will look up a review. go to Gamerankings and find the review that gives the game the highest score. And BAM you have sold a crapy game.

Example:

Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick avg. rating 63%

show them Gaming Target review. 8.9 out of 10

:)

That would make our store more like a rental service.

What do you do with the games that get returned?

GAME sell them on as "new", thats why when I buy from them, I only acept games in the plastic wrap, or more than likaly get it off amazon.

GAME sell them on as "new", thats why when I buy from them, I only acept games in the plastic wrap, or more than likaly get it off amazon.

But a lot of new games don't come plastic wrapped, Tomb Raider didn't. Anyway people will happily abuse the system to hell, but then complain if they are sold again. If it ain't broke, don't complain. Actually annoys me how anal some people are about stuff like that. A father didn't let his kids have a preowned copy of Juiced yesterday because he felt there were too many scratches (there was a few minor ones). I told him he could still bring it back within three months but noooo he had to upset his kids.

Anyway another one of mine for special editions is "It comes in a nice box, a really nice box" but it rarely works.

Guest Jordan

In my opinion, most people who buy games in the UK are just... fools.

I'm sorry but Fifa street 2 was number 1 for a week and now its sitting at number 2. Its such a broken game and its pretty much the first one with more customisations and a couple of new moves.

Fifa is EA's cash cow along with the Sims these days.

I prefer the plastic on. I dont think you could sell those games again. But I do recommend letting people try the games in store. Though it would be difficult with PC games.

Well the only ones we can are the SP/Micro, DS and PSP because we have no consoles set up in store as we don't have the space and units. We do currently have a preowned PS2 set up for Guitar Hero though.

Speaking of try ebfore you buy, some kid asked if he could try two DS games to see which he wanted. After a while I was going to say could he try the other one (he'd been a while) then get caught up with some other customer. Eventually he changed and tried the other one. Then bought something completly different.

Customers ::shrug:

I tell them that the produce section was infested with cockroaches (which is true)

thats more reasons to shop at morrisons.

At our Sommerfield the fruit and veg was mouldy... so everyone complained! Now we don't choke heartily on our food! Hooray!

Anyway.. I don't work.:nono:

I work in the same store as DiemetriX (tee-hee)

My favourite thing to do is just brag the hell out of games.. Mostly the ones I really want to reccomend. But sometimes also just to get rid of old games or games that I know won't sell out compared to the stock we have of that game.

They almost always take my advice (exception with systems, since people like to think twice when buying that.).