NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ZeldaFreak

Re: Help!

Right I may be purchasing a PS2 after exams and all that shit should I go modded (I know of a company that still does them) or go PAL. I am in such a dizzy as it would cost money then the games would be difficult to get rid of.

AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Someone please help me out!

Hmm, my answer would be not to bother buying a PS2 :indeed: but seeing as thats probably not a constructive comment seeing as you sound like your set on buying one anyway then I would say dont bother with modding, while it may seem tempting at the prospect of getting cheap games, the majority of games are allready cheap (cheap and nasty in my opinion with the exception of a small handfull :laughing: ) but anyways, modding seems a bit pointless if your doing it for the cheap games, being that they are cheap anyway.

Also if you still want to mod then the original PS2 is easier to mod so I've heard, but as most people know they do break very easilly, almost as if theyre programmed to break down about a week after the machines outside it's warranty :woops: so if your not bothered about modding get the slimline version as it's apperently more reliable :wtf: and erm it could probably double up as a rather effective doorstop should you get bored with it lol :zzz:

So yeah... erm thats my guide of sorts to anyone who feels obligated to purchase a PS2, hope it's at least partially useful. :smile:

You would be better off saving the money I think. Lets face it the PS3 will likely be backwards compatible and if you don't want to spend that much money then I would recommend a 360 premium package imho.

But hey it depends if you want Playstationy goodness NOW.

Yeah i wouldn't bother buying a PS2 now. If you can't wait for PS3 and have to buy a PS2, then just buy a normal European one and DO NOT mod it, you might have trouble selling it on later on and most of the good PS2 games are out now in Europe anyway....

Thanks everyone I think I'll sell my xbox get a 360 then a revolution in November and use some of my massive student loan I'm getting to buy a PS3 in about 4-6 months after its released

The thing with having a PS3 is that the PS2 and PSX games won't be region free. If I was you I'd get a PS2, they are cheap now and get it modded and enjoy all those USA games that europe never gets hold of.

Had my white PS2 for a long time now. It's never had problems and I love been able to play all these RPGs.

The system is so worth it, I really think everyone should own one and enjoy all these flipping awesome games it's been getting

*goes back to Guitar Hero*

Thanks everyone I think I'll sell my xbox get a 360 then a revolution in November and use some of my massive student loan I'm getting to buy a PS3 in about 4-6 months after its released

Sounds like a good plan :yay:

The thing with having a PS3 is that the PS2 and PSX games won't be region free. If I was you I'd get a PS2, they are cheap now and get it modded and enjoy all those USA games that europe never gets hold of.

Had my white PS2 for a long time now. It's never had problems and I love been able to play all these RPGs.

The system is so worth it, I really think everyone should own one and enjoy all these flipping awesome games it's been getting

*goes back to Guitar Hero*

Well I suppose I could get a PS2 modded then sell it later as an NTSC console to stupid americans, then get a revo in november then an xbox 360 for christmas and forget about PS3 until summer 2007

This is why I need help, BTW is £188 decent price for a modded slimline console.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attention: Update

Right I may be able to get a US PS2 from an Uncle, and get A pAL PS2 bundle over here, thing I need help is:

If I got A US PS2 slimline vers. could I use the power cable off PAL version to power it if,no - how plz?

Thanks again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attention: Update

Right I may be able to get a US PS2 from an Uncle, and get A pAL PS2 bundle over here, thing I need help is:

If I got A US PS2 slimline vers. could I use the power cable off PAL version to power it if,no - how plz?

Thanks again.

Definitely need an adaptor for the different plug, possibly a voltage converter too.

Definitely need an adaptor for the different plug, possibly a voltage converter too.

Arent they the same things

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Olny bother if you find a cheap one, I would not advice paying over £50 one, other wise you may as well just wait and get something better.

Arent they the same things

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

No, an adaptor just changes the plug from 2 pin to 3 pin, a voltage converter alters the incoming voltage.

No, an adaptor just changes the plug from 2 pin to 3 pin, a voltage converter alters the incoming voltage.

Ya mean like a step down transformer

Get a modded ps2, i have one and it is awesome. Thanks to it, i'm playing Kingdom Hearts II and Dragon Quest VIII, both of which i think are not yet out in Europe.

Well i bought a normal one in the shop, then went to another shop which moded it, it's here in Serbia and Montenegro.

You lucky git, has anyone here used a thing called Swap Magic and is it easy enough to put in a new PS2

I think i read somewhere that Swap Magic is shit...

Anyway, modding your console is the best option, plus you can play pirated games, like i do.

Sign in to follow this