NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
arab_freak

911 operator ignores call

does someone have to be blamed?and who says anything was ignored?

how about this.

operator sends an ambulance, fire engine and police man to a call from a unintelligible 5 year old.

they find out the mother was asleep, and the child was innocently playing with the phone.

in the mean time, because the ambulance, fire engine and police car are unavailable a mad man shoots 3 people dead, a man dies of a heart attack and a family of 4 get burnt alive.

taking it extreme, but people who actually know about the situation etc. will deal with this.

It may involve a change to protocol, it may find the operator was at fault, or that the police were (who knows, the police may have given this a lower priority)

So what if a house goes on fire and the only one near a phone is a 5 year old?

Sorry but your house got burned down and nearly all your family died because your kid wasn´t older than 5.

So should we ignore that a crime/accident happens because the only one around is a child.....

So what if a house goes on fire and the only one near a phone is a 5 year old?

Sorry but your house got burned down and nearly all your family died because your kid wasn´t older than 5.

So should we ignore that a crime/accident happens because the only one around is a child.....

uh huh, thats right. I'd be 100% happy with that.

I'd be very impressed actually.

I dunno if it's been mentioned yet, because I'm too lazy to skim read the other posts but people shouldn't bother calling 911 anymore. The real number is 912.

Well what exactly did the kid say? I've read the article several times and I don't see a quote. If he actually said 'my mum is dying', then this is out of order. But I suspect this is just sensationalist journalism.

I agree, what the boy would have said would have been along the lines 'My mom/mother is dying', a five year old can understand and use that sentance, its basic.

This story has made me angry, but I wonder what the judgement will be:confused:

I agree, what the boy would have said would have been along the lines 'My mom/mother is dying', a five year old can understand and use that sentance, its basic.

I just checked the article and it appears to have changed. It now quotes the kid as saying 'My mom is passed out'. I guess someone at ABC News has been reading my posts (and if they're still reading, any chance of a job? :grin: )

oooh fuck off and die plz.:idea:

:mad: Boy, you do know how to take disagreeing to a whole new level, dont you?

If you are angered by a comment or disagree, you do NOT tell them to die. Sure fuck off is kind of acceptable because what he said was aload of bollocks and stereotypical, but how dare you say that.

Never wish death upon some one, every one has a right to live until they have taken a life in my opinion.

Never seen you post here before, but my god you better not be that arrogant in all your posts.

If you are angered by a comment or disagree, you do NOT tell them to die. Sure fuck off is kind of acceptable because what he said was aload of bollocks and stereotypical, but how dare you say that.

Never wish death upon some one, every one has a right to live until they have taken a life in my opinion.

Never seen you post here before, but my god you better not be that arrogant in all your posts.

Judging from his name, profile, and some of his previous posts, I think he's joking. But I actually agree with him.

Fuckin stupid yanks. I'm sorry for my langauge, but that really pisses me off. :mad:

Fuckin stupid prejudiced little bigot children. I'm sorry for my language, but you're a moron.

Oh ok, It just angered me how some one can say that.

And i know a lot of people are angry here. But, can we at least stop being angry with each other? I'm seeing a lot of swearing and negative comments aimed at individuals within this thread and i don't like it.

And i know a lot of people are angry here. But, can we at least stop being angry with each other? I'm seeing a lot of swearing and negative comments aimed at individuals within this thread and i don't like it.

agreed lets keep the comments about the article.

IMO that women should be up on charges. the fact that she is still working in the emergancy services is a slap in the face to the family that have lost a loved one because of a person who is quite obviously incompetant.

knowing now that the child stated that his mother had passed out, yes this should have been dealt with faster, and someone should get a severe yelling at.

One reason the operator may still have their job is that they may have been correctly following protocol, or the employees may be going through a "cover our back" method of firing her - if they fire her and the operator wriggles out of it then the employees can get in trouble for unfair dismissal.

Hopefully protocols will be improved to help prevent similar mistakes being made.

well, you know, sorry, i obviously wouldn't wish death upon anyone, but people like that make me angry.

Sign in to follow this