Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Doctor Who

KKOB

Just watchin the award NTA's delighted Dr.Who got the award for drama some very good shows against it, on a semi unrelated issue, WTF with Jedward, i strangly found it good, not quality wise but just PURE ENTERTAINMENT!

Did they?!! (some people)

Yeah I loved it!!... though at the time I perhaps thought there was one 'nope still not gonna regenerate yet, haha' scene too many... but who cares!! It was the end of an era!!

Yeah. It also completely fit in as the Doctor still didn't know for sure he was going to regenerate. If you knew you only had say 16 hours to live, wouldn't you go and try to see all the important people in your life one last time? I know I would. Yet when the Doctor does it, and saves all their lives, it gets called self indulgant rubbish

Edited by Serebii

Yeah. It also completely fit in as the Doctor still didn't know for sure he was going to regenerate. If you knew you only had say 16 hours to live, wouldn't you go and try to see all the important people in your life one last time? I know I would. Yet when the Doctor does it, and saves all their lives, it gets called self indulgant rubbish

Because it is...the primary focus of it was not to save their lives otherwise they would have devoted more screentime to setting up the danger each was in rather than these fleeting moments that were just glorified goodbyes.

Because it is...the primary focus of it was not to save their lives otherwise they would have devoted more screentime to setting up the danger each was in rather than these fleeting moments that were just glorified goodbyes.

Sometimes danger isn't massively hyped up...sometimes it is just a car in the road, and yes they were glorified goodbyes, that was the point which brings up the bit I noted

Edited by Serebii

I loved Tennant's end two-parter, barring the silly and pointless nonsense that someone's already mentioned about the magic potion bringing the Master back. I mean, what the hell was all that about with his wife? I loved it though otherwise. However, I did feel the regeneration was terribly drawn out, and, if I dare to add, a little disrespectful. I don't know what RTD hoped to achieve by setting out the tenth Doctor's regeneration as an "end", a death in the way he did. It was too sentimental and lacked the impact for me of past regenerations. When Ecclestone swapped with Tennant, it was a brilliant scene. Moving, funny, and well written. Perfect. Your thoughts were on the future, because the Doctor doesn't die, he lives on. But RTD seemed to want to almost draw a line under Doctor Who, and I found that a little arrogant. Not only that, but I just didn't feel as upset about it as I expected I would. I think if he'd gone after the glass box incident, with Wilf there, it would have been much better.

But, otherwise, I've loved the whole of RTD's era (both Ecclestone and Tennant). It's not been perfect, but I'm so thrilled he brought it all back in such fine style. After seeing Matt Smith in the regeneration scene and the new series trailer, I could not be more excited for Who at the moment. He's a fantastic choice for the role, a brilliant actor (going on what I've seen him in), and has such an utterly unique appearance! He just looks bang on for the part imho. And with Moffat writing, it's gonna be a terrific year for the series. I just cannot wait. :D

Edited by K-project

^ I can see what you mean, but as I said a couple of pages ago, I think the regeneration made a nice change...

Yeah it was different this time round, they gave it the real sense that The Doctor had really grown into himself this time and loved who he had become, only to again be reminded of what his overall life as a Timelord involves 'sometimes I think the Timelords live too long'.

I think it makes for a really fantastic chapter in The Doctors story.

Good points, especially -

I think it makes for a really fantastic chapter in The Doctors story.

It certainly does! :D

Like I say, I've loved it really, and to be honest what with the recent events and my getting hold of the box sets, it's really re-ignited my passion for it. I've started buying some of the past series DVD's, starting with (who else?) Tom Baker. He was my Doc as a kid, and the one I have the most memories of. Gonna get hold of a few sets to take me up to Easter.

It's magic that it's all back really. :)

I think if he'd gone after the glass box incident, with Wilf there, it would have been much better.

Me too, i was expecting him to change then and there really, not sure how it would have played out tho. As someone else said its because of a lack of a companion, if there was some one there perhaps Donna (minus the whole head exploding possibility) then it may have been a LOT sadder than it was, not saying it was emotional but it may have been worse. Having said that it was a end of a era really 1.Tennant was leaving and 2. key staff members were also leaving R.T.D for one.

Me too, i was expecting him to change then and there really, not sure how it would have played out tho. As someone else said its because of a lack of a companion, if there was some one there perhaps Donna (minus the whole head exploding possibility) then it may have been a LOT sadder than it was, not saying it was emotional but it may have been worse. Having said that it was a end of a era really 1.Tennant was leaving and 2. key staff members were also leaving R.T.D for one.

But the same thing has happened in the past with the series and with much loved doctors leaving who didn't get such a send off...

But thats how it was...

Not how I saw it. Yes he was technically slowly dying but he only really winced in pain after he saw Rose. The rest of the time he seemed to be alright.

I've never wanted to die slowly but if it's that easy sign me up.