NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

The Daleks have just all together lost their menace. Overkill x20. Davros was played alright, though.

It's a shame that most of the writers this series seem to think that huge, epic, end-of-the-world scenarios are the way forward. Most of the times the best episodes are ones with smaller, more insignificant stories, because resources go on the actual writing, rather than try to direct an action film with the show's humble budget; ie, Blink.

Yeah but I think a lot of the time, epic, world in danger stuff makes good season finales.

Yeah but I think a lot of the time, epic, world in danger stuff makes good season finales.

Well I hope RTD is bitter about leaving, and next week the Earth is destroyed with NO GOING BACK. That'll spice things up for the future :D

I dunno... how the hell can the Doctor die and still be the same? Hmm.

I dunno... how the hell can the Doctor die and still be the same? Hmm.

Well his daughter has already this season.

Still, I think its gonna be something to do with his chopped off hand and maybe Donna

I didn't love it. There was too much Torchwood, Martha and everyone else so I hope its a bit more focused next week for the last episode of the series. I don't think Tennant is gone because he's doing/ done the Christmas Special for this year, and sure he's back for the next series... right? After his big run in this play comes to an end.

The best part of the episode tonight was the Doctor turning around and seeing Rose. Reunited! :weep:

do i really have to wait 7 days?

My thoughts also.

Very sneeky of them though, not even showing a trailer for next weeks episode at the end!

Apparently the trailer for next weeks episode is airing around 1pm today and will appear on the BBC site shortly after

"I'm sorry for your loss that is yet to come."

That's hardly fair. I think the Doctor will leave her behind.

Anyway, anyone else think RTD is going to kill absolutely every remaining character, yet again? He's starting to annoy me, John Simm can no longer return as the Master because of him.

I was suprised at how much I liked it. Other than the awful awful dialogue during the Martha/Jack/UNIT commander scene which was just full of tripe it was good.

I liked seeing action chick Rose. She should get a spin off. Going round universes kicking ass. Although speaking of, you could tell the Sarah Jane spinoff is for kids. Looks pretty poor.

Im wondering how they're going to handle the ending because as other people have said David has been filming plus;

They released a promo shot of Doctor, Donna, Martha, Rose, Mickey, Jackie, Sarah Jane and Jack. Although that also confirms SJ makes it...which was obvious anyway but still

Oh and as far as epic end of the worldness, always good for a finale. As the writer's toolbook says; always ramp it up a gear. Stack it up against the hero, and keep stacking.

Looking forward to next week.

Oh and something I realised during the episode; shame Donna seems to be going. She's such a friendly character and nice to have someone whose older and more nurtering in a way. Look at how she handled Martha, just complete friendliness. Nice

I liked seeing action chick Rose. She should get a spin off. Going round universes kicking ass.

Ace Tyler, Defender of the multiverse.

Oh and something I realised during the episode; shame Donna seems to be going. She's such a friendly character and nice to have someone whose older and more nurtering in a way. Look at how she handled Martha, just complete friendliness. Nice

Speaking of Martha, Rose's reaction was amazing.

Im wondering if Rose not being seen on the subwave by the former PM might come back next week

Well to be fair, Harriet (is it Harriet? As it always sounds liked Harrod) Jones may have known she was in some alt-verse so she wouldn't have expected her anyway.

Yeah but I mean I think Harriet isnt dead but maybe made into a Dalek to gain information on the rest of the companions but as she didnt know Rose was there then that might end up being an advantage.

Oh and the trailer didnt air at one, apparnetly the BBC has said it was due to a scheduling change.

Just found this article that says david tennent does play the doctor in the last episode.

The entire universe is in danger as the Daleks activate their masterplan, in the concluding episode of Russell T Davies's Bafta Award-winning time-travelling drama. The Doctor is helpless, and even the Tardis faces destruction. The only hope lies with the Doctor's secret army of companions – but as they join forces to battle Davros himself, the prophecy declares that one of them will die.

David Tennant plays the Doctor and Catherine Tate plays his companion, Donna Noble.

Taken from this website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/proginfo/tv/wk28/sat.shtml#sat_doctorwho

Harriet Jones won't be dead either, they didn't show it, and the Dalek must have just shot out the computer screen. She'll play a part with the Daleks somehow.

Yeah the Doctors Daughter didn't change appearance, but I agree that I think it will be to do with his hand, or Rose using the power she absorbed from the Tardis or something like that.

I'm confused about Donna. It's almost like they are making it too obvious that it's her who won't make it, which just makes me suspicious that it will end up being someone else. But then again, the constant "I'm sorry for your loss" etc... towards her, must mean something either happens to her or someone she cares about.

Didn't Davros or one of the Daleks say something about "the loss of the most loyal companion"? Hope it's not Rose.

If he said "the loss of 'A' most loyal companion" then that'll be ok.

I was pleased that Harriet Jones didn't end up being the Supreme Dalek and was basically the same character.

"Harriet Jones, former Prime Mininster."

"YES. WE - KNOW - WHO - YOU - ARE."

:heh:

Some people have wondered if the most loyal companion could be the Tardis itself

I was just thinking that myself! lol

I'm confused about Donna. It's almost like they are making it too obvious that it's her who won't make it, which just makes me suspicious that it will end up being someone else. But then again, the constant "I'm sorry for your loss" etc... towards her, must mean something either happens to her or someone she cares about.

Didn't Davros or one of the Daleks say something about "the loss of the most loyal companion"? Hope it's not Rose.

If he said "the loss of 'A' most loyal companion" then that'll be ok.

Yeah, they're being way too obvious. My money's on Rose, which I'm okay with. Unfortunately, she seems to have lost some of her personality from series 1 and 2.

As for the loss ("sorry for your loss that is yet to come" and "loss of a loyal companion"), it doesn't neccessarily mean death. The Doctor's probably going to leave all of his companions behind so he doesn't feel like he's putting their lives at risk.

EDIT

By the way, where's K9? Was he not in the Sarah Jane program?

As for the loss ("sorry for your loss that is yet to come" and "loss of a loyal companion"), it doesn't neccessarily mean death. The Doctor's probably going to leave all of his companions behind so he doesn't feel like he's putting their lives at risk.

Yer i can see where your going with that, at the end of series 2 when rose spoke at the start she referred to it as the day she died, of course she never actually 'died'.