NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

But I thought the Cybermen were in our universe. They were never killed off in the old series were they... they just appeared in an alternate universe. They're still in the old universe as well aren't they?

But I thought the Cybermen were in our universe. They were never killed off in the old series were they... they just appeared in an alternate universe. They're still in the old universe as well aren't they?

Yeah, but it doesn't mean they have to be in it.

Yep. They just haven't seen them in the new series yet.

Last night's episode was great (apart from the inconsistencies to RL - like the weather, date of first home video, buildings, etc). But still, great plot.

Next on sounds ace, too.

Last night's episode was great (apart from the inconsistencies to RL - like the weather, date of first home video, buildings, etc). But still, great plot.

Next on sounds ace, too.

According to my dad the language was all wrong as well. :heh:

According to my dad the language was all wrong as well. :heh:

The Tardis may have translated 50s Cockney to modern day english ::shrug:

Damn it, there's always a sci-fi explanation...

Outpost Gallifrey has a picture of Peter Kay's character Victor Kennedy which will appear in Episode 10: Love and Monsters. He transforms into a large alien that absorbs people through its skin.

There's always an excuse for sloppy writing.

There's always an excuse for sloppy writing.

Unless it's pre-Ninth Doctor, in which case it's always forgivable.

I take it you're talking about Satan Pit. SHIT! I've been having barbeque, forgot about the Doc!

Wow. The Impossible Planet was my favourite episode of New Who. Yikers.

Loved the Ood, loved the characters, loved the plot and can not wait till the showdown between the Doctor ... and Lucifer.

That was a great episode. It's like they saw the Doom movie, saw it was shit, then made their own version. Brilliant! Seriously, it all is very Doom dont you think? Lone facility, cursed planet, whispers from dark corners, Big blue doors, inept and overly curious scientists, Satan ect....

i was gettin Alien vs Event Horizon. loved it though! enjoyed it alot more than the cybermen first parter. The Ood make it great though with their glowing detah balls and excelent face design. the way they blink is kinda mournful dont you think?

The Doctor vs Sutekh, Round Two, I think. :P

Sutekh is dead, seemed more like Azal to me, but he's dead too.

Sutekh is dead, seemed more like Azal to me, but he's dead too.

Death's never stopped anyone in Who before. Davros died twice before dying again in "Remembrance of the Daleks".

Death's never stopped anyone in Who before. Davros died twice before dying again in "Remembrance of the Daleks".

That's Davros though, neither Sutekh or Azal were anywhere near as important or popular, no chance of either of them making a comeback.

I think this is something else. I know da Who's been through at least one or two versions of Satan, but all the 666ing and talk about "Abadon" and "The Beast" ect. would indicate he's finally found Devil ver3.5. Now with 18% more forbidden evil!

The ood look like what Dr. Zoidberg would look like if he wasn't a cartoon.

That's Davros though, neither Sutekh or Azal were anywhere near as important or popular, no chance of either of them making a comeback.

It'd be awesome if they did bring Sutekh back though. I'm sure they didn't get Gabriel Woolf in just as a nice nod to fans of "Pyramids of Mars".

The ood look like what Dr. Zoidberg would look like if he wasn't a cartoon.

Well, here is an early concept sketch of Dr. Zoidberg from the Futurama Season 1 DVD:

untitled18wq.jpguntitled22ps.jpg

Eerie ain't it.

I don't know if this blatant copy stuff is coincidence. As well as the obvious influences in certain episodes, some the enemies recently have seemed like copies of movie monsters. The Krillitains looked just liked the Pugbats from King Kong (both also have very similar shots in them) and the Clockwork droids look very similar to V for Vendetta. Cat Women aren’t exactly original, the Werewolf looked like it came out of Harry Potter and I don't think faceless people are exactly original.