NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

I loved Billie in the lunch room in the preview. Looks hilarious.

Oh, and I love his glasses. When he puts them on, you know he's working it out.

But, major plot hole...what happened to the monks?? They killed the werewolf but did the monks just disappear?

Rokhed, don't whinge about it on here, write to Rusell T Davies if you hate the stories. AS far as I'm concerned you're a bitter man who lurks in the past hoping that Doctor Who will go back to the 70s. Not gonna happen unless he travels there in the Tardis.

But, major plot hole...what happened to the monks?? They killed the werewolf but did the monks just disappear?
The chances are that when they finally realised the werewolf was dead, they just gave up, realising that if theres a mind (the doctor) powerful enough to realise how to defeat the werewolf, they would have very little chance.

A K9 Animated TV Show has been announced. Oh god.

It will be shown on CBBC later this year.

:S now THAT is going too far! . . . i am stunned!

The chances are that when they finally realised the werewolf was dead, they just gave up, realising that if theres a mind (the doctor) powerful enough to realise how to defeat the werewolf, they would have very little chance.

But there were tons of the monks, and they all had guns. An unarmed genius versus a dozen men with guns does not offer good odds.. for the genius.

Their aim was to take control of Queen Victoria - not assassinate her.

Rokhed, don't whinge about it on here, write to Rusell T Davies if you hate the stories. AS far as I'm concerned you're a bitter man who lurks in the past hoping that Doctor Who will go back to the 70s. Not gonna happen unless he travels there in the Tardis.

What would be REALLY funny if that was to become a major two-parter for series 3.

But there were tons of the monks, and they all had guns. An unarmed genius versus a dozen men with guns does not offer good odds.. for the genius.

The same genius that succesfully defeated an entire armada of Daleks? I wouldn't bloody mess with him.

What would be REALLY funny if that was to become a major two-parter for series 3.

The same genius that succesfully defeated an entire armada of Daleks? I wouldn't bloody mess with him.

Wasn't he meant to go back to the 70's last week but set the timer 100 years out?

Yeah, some genius.

It was a TARDIS malfunction. Or perhaps it has a mind of its own at times.

It was a TARDIS malfunction. Or perhaps it has a mind of its own at times.

No, it wasn't, he set the timer for 1879 instead of 1979, he said so himself.

Will the Tardis change? It looks like a shitty plater of paris plant. The Paul McGann one was quality.

wasn't K9 in the TARDIS in the xmas special? and wasn't the doc chuffed to find him in the tardis? or was that a preview for the next series?

I prefer Eccleson to Tennant- but I'm just living in the past.

esit: and isn't it an act of utter idiocy to have both cliffhangers and trailers for the next show- it spoiled a few episodes of the last series. One or the other, chaps. Have the cake or eat it.

It'll be shown on Jetix, it may never air on terrestrial, and if it does it could end up on CITV or C5, the BBC have no involvement in this show.

If they have to have a K9 show I'm glad they've done it this way, both in the visual style and the fact that the BBC don't have a hand in it, it's clearly seperate from the main show. Another, live action spinoff would have been seen as milking it too much, this show will probably be forgotten by the masses after 1 or 2 episodes have aired.

I see what you mean about cliffhangers, I remember the episode before Bad Wolf showed the Dalek armada in the trailer going "EXTERMINATE!" though they didn't appear until the last five minutes. Major spoier.

I love the Tardis. I love how it is falling apart and the control panel is made up of bits and bobs that the Doctor has collected over the years. Loose wires hanging out everywhere. Little time is spent in there in the show as the writers what to get them out to get on with the story, but I think it is genius. Better than in other shows with perfectly polished space ships.

Better than in other shows with perfectly polished space ships.

*cough*Stolen from Firefly*cough*

Did I say something? :p

Heh.

The new console room seems to have been inspired by the old TARDIS, it's '96 regeneration, Serenity (it's falling apart), and Moya (it's alive).

It's a beautiful design, I just wish they'd spend a bit more time in there.

I was thinking more of Red Dwarf with digny but it is a different kind of broken and dirty.

It's more ... alien. Like nothing makes sence. The bigger on the inside trick, the circularness (umm...not a word), the coral, the eerie lights and the custom controls.

Though I also like the earthness (I just really stop inventing words) of it. The post-it-notes, the wires, the wardrobe and the TV.

The BBC really aren't milking the new doctor, are they?

bbcmilkingit7dg.jpg

This isn't Morecambe and Wise you know.

Cool box.

But a bit expensive (£10.99 on play). But then, most TV DVD's are

Cool box.

But a bit expensive (£10.99 on play). But then, most TV DVD's are

But it's only the Christmas edition and the Earth episode... for more than a tenner, come on BBC! I didn't watch it last week, and I think it's finally got me out of the habit of watching a boring, horrible overrated program that I don't like! :yay:

Antony Head should be good in it, he was on Entertainment Today this morning.

Antony Head should be good in it, he was on Entertainment Today this morning.

Why, last thing he was good in was the gold blend ads.

Why, last thing he was good in was the gold blend ads.

So you've seen Buffy, Little Britain (urgh) and the plays hes been in?