NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

Didn't he write Gavin & Stacy? And he must choose his own comedy routine. It must be one of those rare cases where he's a terrible actor in terrible roles through his own choice.

Didn't he write Gavin & Stacy? And he must choose his own comedy routine. It must be one of those rare cases where he's a terrible actor in terrible roles through his own choice.

He did, with Ruth Jones (Nessa on the show).

I don't see the reason for the hate for River Song. She's a good and intriguing character

Get real, she is annoying as fuck.

Every time she appears she shits all over the doctor, because Stephen Moffatt said so. What a fucking wanker.

Get real, I'm annoying as fuck.

Every time I appear I shit all over a thread, I'm such a fucking wanker.

Corrected for truth ;)

Yah he certainly did, the fact he's shown he can write/co write good comedy just shows he's choosing his roles :blank:

Oh i've just changed the channel on tv and Alex Kingston is on Graham Norton....

She just described Doctor Who as being a kid's show, i don't think some fans will like that

Edited by Agent Gibbs

I happen to think River is class. Shes supposed to know more than him because of the way they are travelling through time....that's the point man...

Get real, she is annoying as fuck.

Every time she appears she shits all over the doctor, because Stephen Moffatt said so. What a fucking wanker.

Good to see a literate and thorough analysis of why her character is not successful.

I like River aswell. Funny to see her put the Doctor in his places sometimes.

I don't like River but now that the doctor is starting to know more about her than she does about him it should start getting more interesting

I don't like River but now that the doctor is starting to know more about her than she does about him it should start getting more interesting

I doubt it, remember the Tardis brakes thing from last series, not only did it make the Doctor look like a complete incompetent at the time, but it means she is going to be working out things the Doctor doesn't know even when he has got more information on her than she has on him.

There is no real way we will ever be rid of the smug cow either, because the way Moffatt has written her, even if 'time is rewritten' and she is killed premature to her intended death in the library, she'll still turn up again as it won't have happened to her yet because she is travelling backwards through time.

That also means when we do find out what she's done to deserve being locked up it'll be too late to make a difference to things. I predict we'll only find out when she actually does it, and it'll be something so bad that the Doctor can't forgive her, only he will because the next time they meet she won't have done it yet. And then there will be the whole annoying 'spoilers' thing again where he can't even tell her what she's going to do. It's going to be a right mess.

But then River will meet The Doctor for the very first time, and it will be the last we see of her.

I think they've made a bit of a mess of Rivers story. I think the relationship is ultimately going to feel incredibly rushed... (it already does to me... that kissing scene) and come to a conclusion far too quickly (this series?) When in reality it feels like something that should last throughout a great deal of time.

But then River will meet The Doctor for the very first time, and it will be the last we see of her.

Well according to her that's when she's a little girl, so that's a long time off.

I doubt it, remember the Tardis brakes thing from last series, not only did it make the Doctor look like a complete incompetent at the time, but it means she is going to be working out things the Doctor doesn't know even when he has got more information on her than she has on him.

I think you have that a little bit backwards. The more we see River, the less she'll know about the Doctor but the more the Doctor knows about her. Last season = River has had loads of time in the tardis already. It probably won't get shown but at some point from now onwards (in the Doctor's timeline) he will end up telling her how to fix it or she'll find out somehow.

I think you have that a little bit backwards. The more we see River, the less she'll know about the Doctor but the more the Doctor knows about her.

In theory, but I can't see the point coming any time soon that she knows less about him than he does her.

Last season = River has had loads of time in the tardis already.

Meaning she is going to be around for years.

It probably won't get shown but at some point from now onwards (in the Doctor's timeline) he will end up telling her how to fix it or she'll find out somehow.

Maybe, or maybe she'll work it out and make the Doctor look stupid again. Just seems strange that the Doctor has been flying his Tardis for so long and didn't know that, or that when the Tardis had a voice it didn't mention it once. With the personality it was shown to have I would have thought it would at least have mentioned it, they were quite uppity about other things. Why is the Doctor still flying the Tardis with the brake on too, even when he's been told, can't be good for it.

Steven Moffat has indicated that in his head, there are loads of River Song adventures that didn't get screened, including a few with the tenth Doctor, so it's probable that a lot will occur off-screen

Edited by Serebii

Why is the Doctor still flying the Tardis with the brake on too, even when he's been told, can't be good for it.

He likes it like that. He's a madman with a box.

Maybe, or maybe she'll work it out and make the Doctor look stupid again. Just seems strange that the Doctor has been flying his Tardis for so long and didn't know that, or that when the Tardis had a voice it didn't mention it once. With the personality it was shown to have I would have thought it would at least have mentioned it, they were quite uppity about other things. Why is the Doctor still flying the Tardis with the brake on too, even when he's been told, can't be good for it.

He knows well how to fly it, but he's a maverick if you will who likes to do thinks his own way, sure he could have it landing perfectly everytime but where's the fun in that, he has a flair for the dramatic, and the noise to him signals his arrival.

I doubt that river just figured out how to fly the thing by looking at it, she's mentioned before she was thought by the master i.e the doctor so they must have gotten really close for him to allow her to fly it.

I'll reserve judgement on her until we get more screen time between her and the doctor, tho i have a bad feeling he'll rush it and that dynamic will take a back seat over other things i.e amys' positive/negative results

Steven Moffat has indicated that in his head, there are loads of River Song adventures that didn't get screened, including a few with the tenth Doctor, so it's probable that a lot will occur off-screen

Yup. In The Time of Angels the Doctor says "we keep meeting in the wrong order" confirming they've met a lot more times than just once before.

I hate Rory more and more.

This episode was pretty dull. I liked the ending but otherwise, yawn. Dr Who has become more pantomime than SciFi, which is a shame.

I hate Rory more and more.

This episode was pretty dull. I liked the ending but otherwise, yawn. Dr Who has become more pantomime than SciFi, which is a shame.

We have our new rokhed00 :P