NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

Im not sure im liking the shift of focus to Nero, especially as I hated the DMC3 version of Dante. He was such a cocky little loud mouth, bring back the broody and mysterious Dante from DMC1 I say.

PUZZLE QUEST IS HERE! WOOOOO!!!

Whats it like Dom? Game Central gave it a good write up the other day and its budget price has got me interested.

Just got me another PSP after not owning one for a year now, I bought a white one with Monster Hunter. Last time I got one I imported the Jap Monster Hunter game as I couldnt wait to play it, it will be nice to play the english version. I cant start playing yet as my mem card still hasnt been shipped from Gameplay. Also preordered Valkyrie Profile - Lenneth from play.com for £17.99, been wanting to play this for ages now, no doubt Dom has had the US version beaten for a while now :grin:

Puzzle Quest is a really neat concept. I've only played it for about an hour so far but from what I played of it I really enjoyed. Basically the lines you delete, by matching three of the same, either horizontal or vertical give you the the line you deleted, so exp lines give you exp, red orbs give you red magic and skulls make you damage your opponent.

Story seems pretty average at the moment, but as I said that is only from an hours time, but my guess is that it's all about the gameplay and it's alot of fun. Great twist on the puzzle genre.

Puzzle Quest is a really neat concept. I've only played it for about an hour so far but from what I played of it I really enjoyed. Basically the lines you delete, by matching three of the same, either horizontal or vertical give you the the line you deleted, so exp lines give you exp, red orbs give you red magic and skulls make you damage your opponent.

Story seems pretty average at the moment, but as I said that is only from an hours time, but my guess is that it's all about the gameplay and it's alot of fun. Great twist on the puzzle genre.

Thanks. What you said pretty much mimics what GC said aswell, may have to give this a look.

Silent Hill 5 details

• Akira Yamaoka has worked on Konami's Silent Hill series for a while now. He was producer on the PC version of Silent Hill3, but he's more famed for his work in the sound department. Yamaoka have given a few details on Silent Hill 5 in a recent magazine interview.

• "At the moment I cannot reveal much detail on the story, or our progress, but I can tell you that this game will resemble Silent Hill 2 in the terms of the way the player is directed and the characters' behaviour," he told Game Pro magazine.

• "At this time we are still not sure," confessed Yamaoka . "We are thinking of putting the next game on the next generation consoles like PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, but we have had a good past experience with PlayStation [where the series was born] and we hope to continue that trend, but there are no definite plans as of yet."

CVG

Silent Hill 5 details

• Akira Yamaoka has worked on Konami's Silent Hill series for a while now. He was producer on the PC version of Silent Hill3, but he's more famed for his work in the sound department. Yamaoka have given a few details on Silent Hill 5 in a recent magazine interview.

• "At the moment I cannot reveal much detail on the story, or our progress, but I can tell you that this game will resemble Silent Hill 2 in the terms of the way the player is directed and the characters' behaviour," he told Game Pro magazine.

• "At this time we are still not sure," confessed Yamaoka . "We are thinking of putting the next game on the next generation consoles like PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, but we have had a good past experience with PlayStation [where the series was born] and we hope to continue that trend, but there are no definite plans as of yet."

CVG

Once again, it seems like a developer wants to keep a game Sony exclusive but can't due to sales.

Looks like they just lost another exclusive. it's really shocking tbh just how much Sony are struggling atm; 07 could prove vital for the history of video games indeed.

Looks like that rumour wii game of Beautiful Katamari Damacy is only for PS3 & Xbox360.

Not really surprising. I still maintain my belief that Nintendo messed up again this generation, this time by trying to get people to buy into their 'Gameplay Over Graphics' ploy. They'll miss out on a lot of multi-format releases because the Wii hardware wont run them.

Not saying that the Wii will flop though, just that they should have ramped it up a bit to make developers lives easier

I'm so glad I get to borrow a PS3. The "new factor" is already wearing off. Glad I didn't pay for it. But I'm more sure now that I'm gonna buy one later.

DMC4 looks amazing! I'll get it on 360 when I almost definately get one,

berial_illust02.jpg

ganon.jpg

Zelda with these graphics would be AWESOME!

DMC4 looks amazing! I'll get it on 360 when I almost definately get one,

berial_illust02.jpg

ganon.jpg

Zelda with these graphics would be AWESOME!

That DMC4 first boss image that you post is not in the game because it is artwork.

The image of Ganon? That's just introducing the character during the last battle sequence.

That DMC4 first boss image that you post is not in the game because it is artwork.
Ok, well this one then! I was just making the comparison that it looks a bit like Ganon from OOT and that it would be awesome to see OOT like this!

berial_ss01.jpg

The image of Ganon? That's just introducing the character during the last battle sequence.
Sorry Fierce, but what's your point/question?

I wasn't entirely sure which picture Dante was refering to. I thought "hmm, he can't be refering to the DMC pic, because he himself posted it above", and I thought "...so, he must mean that OoT pic?"

Edit: Just gone back and had a look, Dante has changed his post. So, now my post looks like it makes no sense, haha.

Edit: Just gone back and had a look, Dante has changed his post. So, now my post looks like it makes no sense, haha.
haha, oh right, got it now!

I wasn't entirely sure which picture Dante was refering to. I thought "hmm, he can't be refering to the DMC pic, because he himself posted it above", and I thought "...so, he must mean that OoT pic?"

Sorry about that Fierce_LiNk. :p

have you saw that new video by the guy who notoriously called the PS3 the PStripple, and actedlike a dick? hehe Kotaku have a link and it made me cry laughing a lil

Both can be found here.