NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

If I get a PS3 from US will all the UK games and movies work on it fine ?

Only the games, Bluray movies are region locked.

Thx m8 just bought a PS3 there from VGP and got Resistance with it, Iv got a HD-DVD player for my 360 so im not arsed bout the movies.

Any idea on Pre-orders anywhere,

Play.com have the PS3 (and 3 games) to buy, but is that a guaranteed PS3 for launch?

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/CART/3-/1032615/-/Product.html?delete=1032615

They've been taking orders on that since middle of last year I think, if you'd ordered when they first put it up then your chances would have been good, but now they'll probably have taken thousands of orders and you'd have little to no chance.

I'd wait and order from somewhere as soon as they start taking orders if I were you.

Not all of them, I've played a UK blu-ray (S.W.A.T) on my japanese PS3.

But I think region coding of the blu-ray discs will become more common.

They've been taking orders on that since middle of last year I think, if you'd ordered when they first put it up then your chances would have been good, but now they'll probably have taken thousands of orders and you'd have little to no chance.

I'd wait and order from somewhere as soon as they start taking orders if I were you.

Yeah that's what I thought!

Gameplay, Gamestation and HMV haven't started yet, so I guess I'll go with one of them!

i just brought a 20gb PS3 from the USA for a cool £250 brand new

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=290074606955&rd=1&rd=1

and rissitence for a cool £27

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=010&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=200071446948&rd=1&rd=1

should here by monday,

luvly jubbly

will post pics

Gameplay, Gamestation and HMV haven't started yet, so I guess I'll go with one of them!

Some Gamestation stores have started preorders. My brother preordered one from my local Gamestation last May and put £20 deposit down.

He asked the store today if it still stands and they said yes. I have no-idea how many stores did this May last year...

Your best bet would be Gameplay, definately, they hardly let anyone down who preorders early enough. Just keep checking the site this week! or check the PS3 forum as a worker from Gameplay normally posts a message saying when preorders are about to open...

I dont know weahter to pre-order a PS3 or not, anyone who has them what do you think of them? whats the dashboard eqiverlant like? online, friends list etc.

£35 for a controller! wow and people complained it was just the console that was expensive. i mean, it's gonna cost £500+ to play multiplayer with someone.

I've still got my pre-order with Gamestaion from last April.

I dont know weahter to pre-order a PS3 or not, anyone who has them what do you think of them? whats the dashboard eqiverlant like? online, friends list etc.

I was surprised at how much I like the PS3. I've only had it a week, but I'm really enjoying it.

I've played Resistance online with no lag in a 40 person room, also there's no big drop in graphics for the online part of the game compared to other games like RB6 Vegas on the 360 which takes a drop in graphics for the online play.

What I like best is that you can tell it's a class bit of kit, it's so quiet and mine does not run hot at all.

I'm starting to prefer the PS3 dashbord over the 360's now that I'm getting used to it. But Live is a better multiplayer experience with the headsets and cameras etc.

But my main gripe with it is when I get signed out of the network for no reason, but hopefully in time things like this will be fixed in time.

I was surprised at how much I like the PS3. I've only had it a week, but I'm really enjoying it.

I've played Resistance online with no lag in a 40 person room, also there's no big drop in graphics for the online part of the game compared to other games like RB6 Vegas on the 360 which takes a drop in graphics for the online play.

What I like best is that you can tell it's a class bit of kit, it's so quiet and mine does not run hot at all.

I'm starting to prefer the PS3 dashbord over the 360's now that I'm getting used to it. But Live is a better multiplayer experience with the headsets and cameras etc.

But my main gripe with it is when I get signed out of the network for no reason, but hopefully in time things like this will be fixed in time.

hey haze how much did u pay for your ps3? and also what region is it? and lastly are you using a step down converter or have u plugged straight into the mains with a kettle plug?

£415 including next delivery. And it's plugged straight into the mains using a regular PC or kettle lead.

I was meaning the Gamestation website hasn't started pre-orders; or can you only pre-order in-store with them?

I bought the wavebird for £40 from Currys a long time ago.

Wasn't the wavebird like £35, for a very long time??

Yup, i think alot of people on this forum need to find out the diffrence between expensive and good value.

Well Threespeech speculated that the UK will recieve 30%, which equates to 300,000, more than the 360 and wii had combined.

well its obvious why there will be so many consoles for europe, with the vast quantities sitting on shelves in the us and japan its not like they need any more over there for a while, but with the vast price i suspect there will be many thousands left on uk shelves too

I think it's an excellent launch line up to be honest. Couple of good exclusives with plenty of 3rd party games.

I still wont be picking one up, because I can get most of the games on 360 and it isn't really worth it right now for me. Not sure if it will ever be worth it for me really, but I can admit it looks a good console.

£35 for a controller! wow and people complained it was just the console that was expensive. i mean, it's gonna cost £500+ to play multiplayer with someone.

Uh, the Wii controller costs more than that.

1169763733455.jpg

I think it's an excellent launch line up to be honest. Couple of good exclusives with plenty of 3rd party games.

Without a doubt. Better than the Wii and 360 line up combined by miles.