NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
LazyBoy

Is it possible for Nintendo reclaim their throne?

imo revolution will stun loads and maybe sell loads.

i was chattingto friends, and up came the ps3 they all said they wanted one. i said im getting the rev. one of the guys said the controler its a wand. now i like him but i just said "so".. he didnt answer. i told them aboutit costing more than £400 but i dont think they were interested, then i said that youl have to buy a hard drive to save you games, i said itll probably cost up to £30-£50. i dont think they said anything else about it.

it goes to show that just because of the playstation brand it will probably sell a lot.

but i have high hopes that the rev will sell a fair few amounts.

I think, after the success of the DS, Nintendo have a good chance of winning back Japan. The West however is a tricky deal. I don't like to do the whole analyst game, there are far too many factors involved to make a fair judgement. I will simply say, I would love if they could win back some of the market, as I believe they deserve it. Afterall, most of the gaming benchmarks were set by them in the first place. Sony have only one direction to go, and that's down. The Third Launch Itch is upon us.

I feel that revolution has a real chance this time around especially in japan and possibly the US, however as much as it pains me to say there are still many teenagers that write off the revolution beacuse they feel it is "kiddy" and even now the controller is being seen as crap by children around me. I fail to understand why they think like that but from what i have seen it is quite a common thought.

DS is great in Eu and Rev has a chance aswell and ggamer wait till they play it and see it for themselves tons of people around me want to get their hands on it ;)

exactly what i have been sayin to the doubters "just wait til u actually try it" i say and grin.

DS is great in Eu and Rev has a chance aswell and ggamer wait till they play it and see it for themselves tons of people around me want to get their hands on it ;)

That's a key point I think, people need to play the Revolution, so they understand what it is really about. This means Nintendo need to get pods in the malls, the shops and the music and sports events. You think that wouldn't be a lot to ask, but we all know Nintendo's marketing department sucks ass. They've gotten better in recent years, but they'll have to do a lot more to match the giants that are the Sony and Microsoft propaganda machines.

Yea they really need to advertise more and let people play the game and make them 'feel' they are in the game so they can realise the Rev's potential,and if they have a lot of games out on different genres so there's a lot of choice for people to pick from it can do really well.

soo basically, as long as revo gets good advertising and people can actually try for themselves its innovative features nintendo have a worldwide success in the bag :)

soo basically, as long as revo gets good advertising and people can actually try for themselves its innovative features nintendo have a worldwide success in the bag :)

Yes it's possible.If people know nothing about it or just heard of it I don't think they will take a chance to buy it,so they would need to try to see if they like it

The Revolution has a great chance this time. If they can properly market to the West and convince people that Nintendo have changed and are a different company now, then anythings possible. Games like Red Steel, Brain Training, Nintendogs are helping to improve their image. With a killer price, killer games and killer features that clearly seperate it from the competition, we could have something very promising on our hands.

I just gave my RE4-discs to all the little kiddies in my neighborhood....muahahahaha!!!! Now they are convinced!!!!

I do believe the N5 will become the number one console in Japan, by a margin aswell.

In America I think it will be quite close between N5 and ps3 but the 360 has had too big of a head start and I don't think it will be caught. It's there system afterall!

In Europe it will be close between the 360 an ps3 for first. As much as it pains me to this Nintendo is still seen as a 'kiddy' company and I don't think 'non-gamers' will take to the freehand controller as much as Nintendo is hoping (at least not at first). I hope I'm proved wrong though.

I do believe it will sell better than the GameCube, in every territory.

Sorry I can't comment on Australia, as I know nothing about how the current systems are doing there.

360 seems to be caining Australia, PS3 will struggle because the price is so high I think, no idea on Nintendo of Australia though.

i reckon Revolution will finish first by the end of this generation. I mean, it will OWN Japan, and by quite a margin me thinks too, and I'm beggining to think the same about Europe. I was at my local GAME store today and they said that the DS was selling amazingly well. Now if you consider how well Nintendogs did and how well Animal Crossing is doing (apparantly 'very well', says the guy at my local GAME store, and that these games will be advertised for the Revo (if the advertised well for the DS, why not revo?), Nintendo will be onto something BIG! Amercia will be close, and I'm thinking the DS will either come first or second there.

It's also important to realise that many people will buy the Rev as a 'second' console. I can imagine alot of people buying the PS3 and Revo or the 360 and Revo, but who would want the ps3+360 when they, tbh, are offering the same thing? ::shrug: I really do reckon the Revo will see well, just wait :bouncy:

Aslong as Rev's are being released and there is a good flow of games coming for rest of it's life I will be happy and not care about the sales.We will see ho well it does with the other's when it's released ,however it will gain a LOT of ground everywhere.If 3rd parties get their games bought and prodce more who cares how much units of this and that has been sold,it's appealing to me and that's all I care about

Its said that to make a product a success you need to win the hearts and minds of the customer. I think its fair to say that as a design Revolution already captivates, yes in pictures it doesn't really shout, but once people actually see the DVD case size glossy machine with a neon, well its got that special something. Turn on RED STEEL and actually show people the controller in action, I think their hearts are won. Then of course the machine will be cheaper, the games will be cheaper and the online gaming will be free! Where is the catch...its a Nintendo machine. I think thats easily gotten over actually, stop showing mario on every internet page and customers might not feel so alienated.

Number 1 in Japan looks in sight I think, but thats just judging from DS vs PSP.

America, things are very interesting, you can't judge from the handheld wars because neither are selling very well, the GBA SP still reigns supreme apparently. Like some1s already said, the economy suggests nothing will do well, unles price makes any difference (points for Nintendo).

Nintendo of Europe seem to have manged to get thier act togather for the DS launch. No one could not know it was launching and there is still frequent advertising. Although they've sorted the Official Magazine, that damned web site remains with its bubble writing. Not really set for a market other than Nintendo's core. It still feels in Europe like Nintendo are only here on weekends unlike Sony and Microsoft who seems very settled with developement always going on in EU countries. This could be quite significant.

The PS3 is not a mass-market product, its too geeky, bulky and expensive. Xbox 360 is only targetting young males. The only product that can exite everyone is Nintendo's. If they use their advertising budget wisely and make some MAINSTREAM (ie. not GamesTM) headlines then Revolution could sell the most.

If I see a Revolution Pod I wanna see a game like Red Steel not Mario -as much as I love the guy (in a gaming way ,not the way some of you will think) because it will attract more than Mario.If I see a really kiddish game I'll go to the manager of the store and have a 'talk' (stronger from exercise on rev:p) or ask him if I can play a game to test on it and then walk away.

I don't think you'll see a playable Revolution Pod in a lot of stores. When you see how they attach the current controllers, afraid that they'll get stolen, I doubt they'll just leave a revcontroller around. Even if it's attached to a chain.

I think they'll have a way around that somehow.I'll think of ways after I wake up tom :p

It's very, very early. Too early to tell, imo. Nintendo have all the makings of a winner. They have the price, the innovation, and they have appeal. They need to advertise the revolution in the same way that they advertised the DS. I've rarely gone a day since the DS has launched where i haven't seen an Ad. Channel 4 is the home of the DS. If Nintendo can advertise in the same way, and keep it consistent, then who knows what might happen.

welll if you look at the japanese charts... you could say they alreayd have.

the rev will see tham catch up massively.... i am convinced, but i think this time around it's going to be a three horse race, or at least, not the huge gap between 1st 2nd and 3rd like there was last time around.

i think gloabally the ps3 will still be on top. the rev will be 2nd, due to huge eastern success and then the 360 will be third... doing OK in the west but not at all in asia.

also, 360 doesn't have the brand strength of sony, or the differentiation of nintendo.

Sign in to follow this