49 members have voted

1. 1. How much?!

• £00-99
    • £100-124
    • £125-149
    • £150-174
    • £175-199
    • £200 +

well we know the rev will be cheaper than other consoles... which nintendo has attacked for being too expensive...

seeing as we also know that:

1. nintendo views 360 as expensive at £209
  2. rev has relatively (very - now we know the specs) cheap to make hardware

... given these two points, how much to do you reckon?

I'm putting my money on £125-£145 for the straight console, but there will probably be more expensive launch bundle deals around the £180 mark I reckon.

i reckon £150 tops.... esepcially as nintendo will want to leverage that price advantage and microsoft could drop the 360 price slightly around the ps3 launch window

I thinking along the lines of £140 at launch, with a game bundle around £150. I'm already saving up for up to 4 games at launch (Metroid, smash bros, New Mario and FF:CC; if they're ready of course). Since Iwata said he expects games to be around £30, i'm guessing I'll need around £300 at launch (as I'll need 2 controllers and probably Zelda too). Well, atleast it's all cheaper than a 360 :P

They were referring to the premium pack which is £280.

They noted how they will offer an inclusive wireless gaming experience out of the box for less than Microsoft.. so I'm assuming they were referring to the more expensive package.. also when Reggie speaks he isn't talking about the UK gaming market he's talking about the American one.

Slight difference between UK prices and US prices.. but I'm thinking £160+ standalone. As below that you're in PSP and DS territory and will have that aura of 'piece of crap' attached to it.

I'll be allocating about £200 for Revolution launch, as I want the system, a game and the 'shell' controller (£180) and then the DVD dongle which will be about £20. My friends are all buying Revolutions so we'll just take controllers round each others so no need for extras.

Reggie said less than $299, Iwata has said the same.

299.00 USD = 171.644 GBP

They of course will overestimate this because they don't want to avoid dissapointment if the market prices change before finalising contracts with suppliers of technology such as flash (eg. Apple got a good deal with Samsung for the iPod nano.. but still chose to rip people off hard)

So lets say in a few weeks at E3, their overestimate pays off and they launch the system in the US for $249 after finalising contracts and budgetting the systems specifications.

249.00 USD = 142.919 GBP

We still have to pay VAT.

+ 17.5% = £166.85

Then this figure needs to be rounded up to lets say.. £169 and Nintendo of Europe keeps the profits.

This is all hypothetical, Nintendo could launch it at less than $249 in the US.

But I'm betting that I'm about right on this one.. because much lower and people will go "what's wrong with it.. why is it so cheap" and Nintendo will have to go into a defensive stance for marketing which ultimately cannot be won.

about $299 = current cost of the hardware if produced and released.

sub $249 = cost of hardware released late 2006..

Remember they need to tackle an expected price reduction from the 360, which by then will have a stronger games selection.

They'll be launching with a solid set of games.. I'm confident Nintendo will price it reasonably.. it may be a bit more than previous Nintendo consoles.. but we're getting all of them in one tiny little box- and face it, Nintendo has never put much effort into designing the systems.. the Revolution has been budgetted to have quality touches like slot loading drives that are lit by floating LEDs.