NEurope
Fields

Laptops and fertility

I'm sitting here with my laptop on my lap, and I'm getting this strange burning sensation in my testicles. Is it the radiation or something? Should I be worried about my ability to procreate? :wtf:

Im sure a link was proven. I think its mainly down to the heat though - testicles don't go well with heat.

yes your children will now all be ginger. that is the price we pay for technology.

yes your children will now all be ginger. that is the price we pay for technology.

That is nothing but a good thing!

I'm sitting here with my laptop on my lap

No, sticking your dick in a usb port will not make your pc pregnant.

LOL if it did you could get those little alien things from the film "Batteries not included"

I'm sitting here with my laptop on my lap, and I'm getting this strange burning sensation in my testicles. Is it the radiation or something? Should I be worried about my ability to procreate? :wtf:

The radiation wouldn't cause a burning sensation, as stated its the heat. I would also go as far to say that the radiation exposure from your laptop doesn't signicantly increase your chances of testicular cancer. Unless you constantly had it in front of your testicles, all day every day.

Like Ramar said, radiation doesn't feel warm, although microwave radiation does. If laptops happen to generate microwaves you could be possibly baking you beans.

Well actually there was a study about a year or two ago which concluded that using a laptop on your lap reduces fertility. I think that I said this in another thread...

Looks like I'm confined to the desk then. Is this why they now market them as 'notebooks' and 'portables' rather than 'laptops'? :wtf:

Like Ramar said, radiation doesn't feel warm, although microwave radiation does. If laptops happen to generate microwaves you could be possibly baking you beans.

Shit, i best take this microwave back downstairs then

Thanks for testing that theory for us.

I was just about to post a similar thread but about the Gamecube Wavebird controller?

Now with the laptop the answer should have been obvious to you, laptops tend to heat on their underside and the male area doesn't like being too hot (it should be just below normal internal body temperature, that's why they hang outside instead of being hidden up inside).

But back to the wavebird, now it damn sure ain't heating, so could be something to do with its radio waves (i usually play sitting down and tend to hold controls round the lap area) and if i used a regular wired controller all feels fine?

Thanks for testing that theory for us.

I haven't, but anyone else is welcome to try.

I was just about to post a similar thread but about the Gamecube Wavebird controller?

Now with the laptop the answer should have been obvious to you, laptops tend to heat on their underside and the male area doesn't like being too hot (it should be just below normal internal body temperature, that's why they hang outside instead of being hidden up inside).

But back to the wavebird, now it damn sure ain't heating, so could be something to do with its radio waves (i usually play sitting down and tend to hold controls round the lap area) and if i used a regular wired controller all feels fine?

This is actually something that is studied, but so far there has been no solid proof that using low powered radio transmitters cause cell damage. But if you get some damage from a wavebird I do hope that you haven't got a WLAN in your house.

Are you saying that your lap feels warm after you play a while with a wavebird? You know it just might be that you're sweating due to intense playing.

Are you saying that your lap feels warm after you play a while with a wavebird? You know it just might be that you're sweating due to intense playing.

Then why would things seem fine when using a normal controller? And it not the whole "lap" area just the "sack" that feels odd.

I use the normal pads mostly now, but sometimes i like to sit in a seat thats a bit further away from the telly and its more confortable to have the wavebird