N-Europe

No World Wide Revolution!

system_error

that is what i mean. he never said that there was no plan to release world wide. he just said they wouldnt do it just because sony and MS are. which is the right way to go about it. this means if it does get a worldwode release it will be done properly and not rushed because of competition.

Nintendo president Iwata confirmed to Bloomberg that he has no plans for a world wide launch of the Nintendo Revolution. Furthermore Iwata believes that this is not neccessary just because MS did and Sony plans to do it. ...

Hmm what happened to the "This time we release it at the same time, if not before, our competitors" ?

7editeurs20060103_150935_1_big.jpg

More at GoNintendo.

On top I remember someone saying that the Revolution launch may not follow the typical Japan, US, Europe then the tailings fashion.

I am 99% certain that Nintendo will make enough systems for a 2006 launch in the big 3 territories.. seeing as Nintendo of Europe, Japan and America are the biggest markets, but also their respective marketing departments have spoken up and said that it will be here in 2006.

Of course they could have a massive foul up.. like the PS2 wasn't allowed to be exported from Japan because customs found a chip which could be used in missile tracking technology - that was unforseen and pushed back the launch slightly.

Nintendo knows how much the PSP was hurt in Europe by the 6 month delay.. and the media twisting the knife by saying that it was America's demand which caused our shipment to be sent to America instead to satisy demand.

Even if they have as few systems as xbox 360 had per store (single digits at the most) it still constitutes as a 2006 launch.

I think this is a pointless debate.. Nintendo have said they'll meet the deadline, and they said it early.. we know the hardware is simple and region free, cheap to produce and i assume it is simple to produce in comparison to the PS3.

They'll manage it.

PS. System is region free, that is why they are shipping a dongle to enable DVD playback in your particular region.. they've done this to lower costs, 1 system for the entire world, just a different power supply and optional DVD dongle.

The hope is that the back catalogue will also be an international service so what America and Japan gets is what we get too.. means no more Nintendo slacking.. and also this means that it is an import friendly system.

Problem is we don't have an international standard for game ratings.. we have ELSPA and other organisations for different territories, if we import a Japanese game which says 16+ will a system that follows European age ratings work? this is something they need to resolve if they want the parental controls to be a sucess. (not that we'll use it :D)

ahhhh hang-on if the system is region-free then i don't care when they release it in Europe! I can buy a USA console and UK games will work on it...right?

Has region-free been confirmed?

Still it would annoy me if the Revolution launches in 07 because we shouldn't always be bloody last! Launch it here first for once!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

I hope it makes an 06 launch in all territories, yet I'd say it could well be best not to do a simultaneous launch!

I'd say launch in Japan first, lets say October (early), then USA November (early) and Europe November too (late).

My reasoning for this is that the Japanese market seem to be the one most likely to snap it up, a strong first month sales in Japan (if all goes according to plan - Nintendo should tout the figures) could show to the American's that this is a great console and give them the idea that it's a must-have thing.

This combined with good opening sales numbers in the US could then translate to Europe!

Just in time for Xmas too!

It is so anoing how they never release things in europe in a timely fasion becuase by time they release it in europe most of the hardcore fanbase( a huge percentage of nintendo's console gamers) will already have one, leadingnintendo to belive that no one here really wants one.