N-Europe

Learn Japanese together!

darkcloud

Lol if you didnt know what this thread was about, it'd read like we've all been smoking a huge bag of weed.

I intend to take the JLPT (Japanese language proficiency test) level 4 this year, as it is apparently very easy, but will be great on my CV.

Funny that, isn't. Britain is one of the most globalized countries and Japan isn't even a developping country. Yet in Britain Japan is still very outlandish and unknown, it has that "unexplored world" feel to it. but on the other hand it's precisely that combination that gives japanese language such a calibre on your CV.

How did you manage to get to level 4 anyway?

darkcloud:

I can sing quite a few songs now. One I'm proud of is called "Zo-san". Ask your girlfriend :) You'll be rolling on the floor laughing. BTW, how did you meet her?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

darkcloud:

I can sing quite a few songs now. One I'm proud of is called "Zo-san". Ask your girlfriend You'll be rolling on the floor laughing. BTW, how did you meet her?

ROFL..... "Elephant"........ Or you know......... ^^; She doesn't remember the nursery rhyme though....

I met her at a party at my ex's house where I was sick everywhere........... ^^v

Later on I will do the next lesson. ^^d

Lol if you didnt know what this thread was about, it'd read like we've all been smoking a huge bag of weed.

Funny that, isn't. Britain is one of the most globalized countries and Japan isn't even a developping country. Yet in Britain Japan is still very outlandish and unknown, it has that "unexplored world" feel to it. but on the other hand it's precisely that combination that gives japanese language such a calibre on your CV.

How did you manage to get to level 4 anyway?

darkcloud:

I can sing quite a few songs now. One I'm proud of is called "Zo-san". Ask your girlfriend :) You'll be rolling on the floor laughing. BTW, how did you meet her?

Level 4 is the bottom level. :heh:

It goes like this:

level 4- very easy

level 3- easy

level 2- very hard

level 1- you need to pretty much be fluent

The test is international and the generally recognised one in Japan, so it's the best one to take. Unfortunately, you can only take it every December in London in the UK.

Guest Stefkov

im listening to it now, im so crap at languages. sumimasen lol.

im so crap at languages though. only after the person has said it i remember it. im gonna keep trying though.

Guest Stefkov

so instead of saying anything like that can we say stuff like, "im letting other people get it now" or "im getting it"

anyway ive listened to it and im getting the grasp of it.

yay:D:D

PLEASE READ!

Ok, yes, my method of getting the file out to you guys is going to change from tomorrow..... The old method is too hard so yeah....... I will put a schedule for the lessons on the first post of this thread and update it with any changes I will also make the 1st lesson available again. :) Don't worry you haven't missed out if you don't yet have it......... :)

TANOSHINDE NE! ^_^

konnichiwa, ive been learning japanese (badly) for about a year now. I found this site's 'cool phrases' quite useful when first starting out "www(dot)genkienglish(dot)net/genkijapan/japanese(dot)htm"

(replace as appropriate, for some reason this board doesnt let me post links yet!)

I have also aquired some japanese language videos and pdfs if anyone wants them.

Ja mata

i've wanted to learn japanese past the basic words i picked up while watching anime, but i sucked at learning new languages at school and im lazy, so if im afraid of spending so much time tryin to leaarn japanese and hardly gettin anywhere

Ok well it seems if we all want to learn this language we are going to have to put a lot of effort into it! I'm talking about practicing at least an hour a day, maybe more. And then practicing what youv've learned, and getting other people to test you. And you all need to do this everyday!

You will definently need disciplin for this task. And lots and lots of commitment.

Level 4 is the bottom level. :heh:

Really? Weird that too, I didn't know that in 2 decades of learning. Then again I took a more direct approach by staying there rather than approaching it academically. There are pros and cons to this though. My understanding of Japanese may be natural and instinctive, but sometimes I can't link it to a particular set of grammar. Good luck with it anyway :)

I met her at a party at my ex's house

Scandalous...!! :awesome:

Anyway I'll be happy to be your safety net in case your GF fails you :D

EDIT: On a 2nd thought, that last sentence can be misunderstood. I meant in learning Japanese by the way. I don't mean... you know... no, I'm not like that. I'm perfectly straight, thank you.

Scandalous...!!

Anyway I'll be happy to be your safety net in case your GF fails you

EDIT: On a 2nd thought, that last sentence can be misunderstood. I meant in learning Japanese by the way. I don't mean... you know... no, I'm not like that. I'm perfectly straight, thank you.

Owwww and I was getting so excited to. roflmao

Yes lillster a lot of effort will be needed although 30 mins a day listening to the mp3's and then more practice when possible is also good. This also shows a lot of desire to learn. :)

I will be sending e-mails to those who pm'd me on this site... I would email those who added me to msn, but, that list is very long and hard to sort through to say the least..... Please pm me your e-mail address! Arigatou!

Gambatte!

On the plus side japanese doesnt have malculine and feminine nouns and verbs are pretty simple (some of the reasons i found found french tricky at times). Lots of mordern words are the same in japanese as they are in english (just sometimes prounounced a little odd) e.g computer, beer, coffee etc.

Plus try to look out for japanese words you may know already! e.g the japanese melon liquor called midori(green), tekken(iron fist) players should be familar with kuma (bear) jin (man) etc.

Im willing to send the stuff i have to anyone if they can help distrubute it. Whether that be by the 't' word we are not supposed to mention :) or some other way.

Guest Stefkov

i think im doing well, ive learnt nearly everything from the first 2 mp3's! im proud off myself.

question = he says that two words make the "im not very skilled" sentence negative the 'ja' and the 'sen' how would you make that positive? get rid of them both?

i think im doing well, ive learnt nearly everything from the first 2 mp3's! im proud off myself.

question = he says that two words make the "im not very skilled" sentence negative the 'ja' and the 'sen' how would you make that positive? get rid of them both?

for instance (in polite tense):

Eat: tabemasu

Not eat: ja tabemasen

And as for the JLPT levels, they're done the Japanese way in kyu, which go the other way.

If you know go ranks, they're the same...

ie. 30 kyu

29 kyu

28 kyu

2 kyu

1 kyu

Then it goes up in dans.

Gyah, ok guys I haven't been able to get back to you for a while because of various things including my friends birthday, but, I have some disturbing news..... Ermmmm the dudes that run the website ermmm discovered what the files were and I got a bit of a telling off from them.... Not sure what they will do. o.o They didn't sound like they would contact the police or whatever like they said in there rules, but, it got me a bit worried. ; ; Ermmmm would someone else be able to do lesson distribution for a while (obviously not with the same method >.<) as if they decide to look at my internet records I don't want them to see anything funny. v.v;; So yeah........ Thank you.

Anyway.......

Oha! (short for ohayo)

Genki desu ka?

Konnichi-wa, genki-des-o-kagga-sema-det, annata-wa? (sp?)

The japanese language is a lot easier than i thought it would be, most of it seems to be a presumption, as for the lessons, i have pimslers jap 1 lessons 1-8 and have msn messanger, so add me an you never know, they could end up on your pc by mistake or something. or if messanger isnt good enough for you, i can place 1 every 2 days on geocities.com, but i only have enough spcae for 1, so you'd have to get it within the 2 days or it would be gone. what lesson is everyone upto anyway Darkcloud, im on 5/6 i think, not to hard to learn.

Watashi-wa Nihung-go-ga hanashe-mas demo madda joso-jarie-mas-en (sp?...lol)