Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

E3 2006 Hype/Discussion

Atomic Boo

At this years E3 nothing good will come of it by sony, Microsoft and Nintendo all trying to appeal to people who have never played games before. So surely we should concentrate on the hardcore gamer as they will buy the products, whilst these non gamers have never wanted to play not because their intimidated of controllers - but because they don't understand whats fun about it.

P.S. Yeh when ever theres a debate about Wii/Revolution/N5 its always Nintendo has been about innovation/gameplay not graphics....

NINTENDO WHY CARN'T WE HAVE BOTH

Nintendo don't have an infinite amount of resources and so they decided to focus most of their energy on the FHC (plus maybe the 3rd secret!?). I'm guessing it wasn't cheap to develop. Also to have the graphics on a par with ps3 and 360 the Wii would need all them expensive components in there bumpping up the price and with an unknown input device, it would be a lot harder to persuade people to buy the console.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Yep! Also it shouldn't be in shortage as it's cheaper to make! So no arguing and dissapointment at launch!

It's hopefully going to be really cheap! £190 or less would be VERY good.

I hope two controllers comes in one package as well!

: peace:

I just hope we aren't let-down. Like i said before i'm worried Nintendo won't show as many games as we think their going to show and still be VERY secretive about things right up till launch, that would annoy me actually....:shakehead

Oh and PLEASE give us a god-damn Zelda release date now. I'm unsurprisingly getting a little annoyed by the whole dragging it out thing now...:indeed:

Nintendo has at least got to show 2/3 of it launch games and 2-3 6 month later games, one of them being Smash Bros.

The one thing that would dampen my excitement if I was going to the conference is knowing that black eyed peas are going to be performing there. Guess it's all part of the blue ocean strategy!

Nintendo don't have an infinite amount of resources.(...)
Yes but it's mainly a question of making a profit, microsoft is willing to loose money all through this generation, just like they did in the last one, just to crush Sony...

So Nintendo saw this and it really wasn't a battle they were interested in... It's not like they don't have money to compete direcly it's just that they decided against it.

Nintendo held almost 900 billion yen in cash and deposits at the end of March, 30 percent larger than Sony's holdings.
Source: http://www.revo-europe.com/news.php?nid=2570

Nintendo has more money than Sony gaming division, and made more profit than Sony this generation... Incidentaly Playstation is the most profitable section in Sony Inc. right now, so Nintendo really has a huge amount of money... they don't have losses since 1969 if I recall correctly.

That's why Nintendo is called the Sleeping Giant... There are no giants without money in the capitalistic world. It's just like Nintendo said, they aren't in the game to loose money, what turns it successful is the amount of profit they turn, and they are determined to best Sony and Microsoft at that (while they are selling consoles at loss)

At this years E3 nothing good will come of it by sony, Microsoft and Nintendo all trying to appeal to people who have never played games before. So surely we should concentrate on the hardcore gamer as they will buy the products, whilst these non gamers have never wanted to play not because their intimidated of controllers - but because they don't understand whats fun about it.

Why limit yourself and appeal to just hardcore gamers? Look at the success of the Nintendo DS as it appeals to non gamers with software like Brain Training, Nintendogs etc. It's only sensible to want to expand the market and bring in new people who would never normally play games. More people who play = more money.

Guest Stefkov

hehe 21st century cowboy there isnt an r in can't. lol anyhoo, i cant wait till E3!!!!!!!!!!!!

if anyones wants a graphics machinethen by all means go with the ps3 or 360. even though i have just purchased myself a 360 i am still getting the Wii (hehe).

i waned some of the old controls as they are still great so i got the 360. but i am willing and wanting to try ut new and different experiences, which is why im takin...i mean getting a Wii(hehe).

just visualising my Wii(hehe) stood next to my 360.....ooOOhhHH gorgeous.

bring on red steel!!! and other games we yet know about

No the Microsoft starts 1 or 2 hours after the Nintendo one and it's in a different place anyway.

Stefkov I carn't see where I wrote an r in can't but I can believe it, keyboards are not my friends.

Seems like the thing is fixed now though... now Nintendo conference is scheduled 2 hours and a half earlier than the Microsoft one :smile:

It was their mistake (the page seems to be more related to PS3 though, so it probably wasn't that important to them) oh well... it's fixed now.

Anybody else going to be watching any of the other conferences? I'd like to watch the sony one just so I can get into the E3 mood and it will be interesting to see how good the graphics are going to be. Microsoft doesn't interest me at all, they'll need to do something spectacular to draw attention away from Nintendo and sony.

Guest Stefkov
No the Microsoft starts 1 or 2 hours after the Nintendo one and it's in a different place anyway.

Stefkov I carn't see where I wrote an r in can't but I can believe it, keyboards are not my friends.

sorry i read your post and you quoted lol. it was zelda freak who mis-spelt it.:heh: woops

Anybody else going to be watching any of the other conferences? I'd like to watch the sony one just so I can get into the E3 mood and it will be interesting to see how good the graphics are going to be. Microsoft doesn't interest me at all, they'll need to do something spectacular to draw attention away from Nintendo and sony.
I don't plan on seeing the others, but who knows, I have monthly limits, It'll depend on how much I have left...

Nevertheless I'm gonna read about them afterwards, and know what's going on.

Anyway where are you guys going to subscribe to see the keynotes? IGN or Gamespot? or other?

If I subscribe... IGN and Gamespot will have it live direct-feed for sure right?

Quoted from Pedrocasilva

"Anyway where are you guys going to subscribe to see the keynotes? IGN or Gamespot? or other?

If I subscribe... IGN and Gamespot will have it live direct-feed for sure right?"

This is a question I would would like to know the answer too, too. Which is the best. Maybe this should be a thread?

I don't plan on seeing the others, but who knows, I have monthly limits, It'll depend on how much I have left...

Nevertheless I'm gonna read about them afterwards, and know what's going on.

Anyway where are you guys going to subscribe to see the keynotes? IGN or Gamespot? or other?

If I subscribe... IGN and Gamespot will have it live direct-feed for sure right?

I think I heard that you could follow the live stream for free on the official Nintendo website, I hope it's true.

I think I heard that you could follow the live stream for free on the official Nintendo website, I hope it's true.
I kinda doubt that... besides their server went down 15 minutes just with the "Wii" anouncement while there weren't huge streams of data (well... not as big as broadcasting a keynote for sure)... I don't think they can take it... I don't think any server in the world could, for free and accesible to everyone, it's bound to go down.

But... I'm willing to pay this year to see the footage live, even if Nintendo provides that service I still want to subscribe somewhere.

m going to do one of two things: I'm either going onto IGN and hitting F5 every 10 secs, or I'm going to not even touch a computer until the Nintendo Confrence is over, then watch the whole thing one Gamespot.

Probably the first...

I wouldn't mind watching the Nintendo confrence. It's always a bastard waiting for the news to come through I just want to be able to watch the thing! I always sit on the PC for hours during E3 refreshing pages waiting for more news, screnshots and stuff like that.

I may actually consider paying for an IGN Insider just for that one month so I can see all the Wii video feeds. I just want to devour ALL the information and videos I can get.

How reliant are IGN at E3? Do their servers crash easily? Or are there better game sites?

I'm going to hang around the IGN forums before it starts - that's what I did last year, and someone helpfully posted a link to the IGN live stream (which was deleted by mods very soon afterwards). Hopefully someone will do it again this year. :)

They were really good last year. They had a video of all 3 conferences up afterwards so you could watch it if you missed it. Very good download speeds, loadsn of videos and stuff.

Thanks, I'll check out their Insider information and prices. :) Just a little over a week to go...

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!