NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
legend00

BBC's UK Vote: Nintendo, Microsoft or Sony?

i voted revo simply because i think it really does have a chance of beating the other two with the lower price point, rev-mote and of course the great ninty titles!

VOTE

Which console will come out on top?

Microsoft Xbox 360

15.61%

Nintendo Revolution

48.26%

Sony PlayStation 3

36.13%

Come on, almost 50.

I voted Microsoft Xbox 360.

As ever, I wouldn't touch the PlayStation3.

I would definitely give the Revolution a go but I have to be honest so far, there is nothing dragging me over to it that interests me in the least. They have to get their hype machine in action.

All I have is "Maybe the next Zelda will be out.. FUCKING FINALLY".

revo is on top because the only people dumb enough to vote on a poll from a year ago and then read into your own votes as being the views of the general public are you guys...

revo is on top because the only people dumb enough to vote on a poll from a year ago and then read into your own votes as being the views of the general public are you guys...

Quoted for truth.

The poll is dead

I hope that stops em.

Right on!!!

well the rev is first with 48.56%, ps3 35.92% and Xbox 15.52%

dead or not this poll is great. and they have had over 27 thousand votes.

Because only Revolution fans vote on it? How great is that?

well, the 360 has also had votes. this would be more legit imo if people were made to pay for each vote. its all well and good saying what you'd do for free, but when money is involved it can switch (as acknowledged indirectly by the poll)

ie if all those 360 have or are going to buy 360's, and all the PS3 and revo votes represent people who would like to buy, but won't, then the poll could be completly wrong.

Because only Revolution fans vote on it? How great is that?

Revolution fans who know about the poll. so that is 48% of 27,000 people.

so it is 12,960 people. if that is an indication then the response is outstanding.

For god's sake - the only people that have seen that poll since June have been people that go to Revolution forums. Do you find it surprising that the Revolution has shot up from 30 to 50%? I hope you don't. This doesn't give any indication whatsoever about the popularity of the Revolution.

that still means 12,960 people will buy it when it is released.

lol only joking. i dont take it seriousely. it is fun to see.

For god's sake - the only people that have seen that poll since June have been people that go to Revolution forums. Do you find it surprising that the Revolution has shot up from 30 to 50%? I hope you don't. This doesn't give any indication whatsoever about the popularity of the Revolution.

I hardly think the votting that has taken place due to nintnedo forums has had any much of an impact, seeming as over 21,000 people have voted so far. At most a few hundred voted because of it's recent appearance on this and a couple of other nintendo forums, and im sure links to it have appered on sony and microsoft forums. But of course it was started ages ago, and has no meaning.

Multiple voting people... seriously can this thread just be locked now. Its getting silly...

`Err Mike the thread is informing people that Nintendo has a 50%+ market share prediction based on the readers of News Round (part of the teenage gaming demographic)

Before the poll was voided Nintendo had just over 30% market share with PS3 edging ahead at about 50% and xbox 360 in the low 20% region.

Because multiple voting (as this poll has been circulated around this, and other Revolution forums) the poll is voided and offers nothing constructive.

It's stupid really, it should be closed.

there are other "stupid" things in other threads imo, but i dont go round asking for things to be locked. i just dont post.

Putting aside the moral argument of the poll for now...

It's worth mentioning that there are some of us who are rather sick and tired of "normal" gaming. Honestly. Looking back the last 20 years, it's ultimately all the same. A lot of the basic ideas came in the 80s. 90s saw the graphical improvement of 80s idea. Sure, there have been some new areas, but push comes to shove nothing has changed in terms of gaming concept.

Revolution fascinates me because it breaks away from that old mould. There are huge numbers of people out here, particularly in their 20s and 30s who share this sentiment.

I for one don't want to see the same old repetition in the next decade. And dare I say, 360 and PS3 have the danger of doing exactly that. Still, I will have all 3. I'm too much of a game lover to ignore any.

Nintendo fans are exactly like a Vicious pack of wild dogs ... in that , i mean they stick together and are by far the most active . This poll was attacked by fans calling other fans who told other fans who told other fans to go vote for REVOLUTION . I truely think this isnt a public poll , but more like a fanboy poll ... not that theres anything wrong with that im all for rallying up tons of people only to bitch about how there system is better then the other guys .. Who doesnt like alittle blood here and there .. im just saying dont think this poll reflects the public average moron gamer.........

it is still fun though. that is my opinion and i agree with what Flaight had to say totally

Sign in to follow this