NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
legend00

BBC's UK Vote: Nintendo, Microsoft or Sony?

PS3 is the only one I will defintley buy this generation.

The GC was such a let down.

I agree the Gamecube was a let down.

However, I havn't played my PS2 for about 6 months now, and I don't plan to anytime soon.

Also DS is doing quite well, so I will see how Revolution turns out before writing it off.

I do agree though, Gamecube was a let down.

But that doesn't mean I think PS2 or Xbox are any better though.

Nice post. But I'm curious about one thing: Do you think Gamecube was a let down?

define let down... is let down, buying a console and owning 1 game for it. or is it the fact that it didnt sell a lot despite making the most profit...i am confused by this, as far as i know, the likes of gizmondo and co were let downs....

I have more than 10 games for it.

I enjoy more than 10 games that I own for it, and play them occassionally.

so not really a let down.

my life is changing, so I don't have time for video games anymore, and I don't enjoy videogames for any platform particularly, I'm prolly sticking with my cube until it finishes dying (severe sound glitches in two games, 4 won't be recognised as GC discs. the two games with severe sound glitches freeze while loading, and one of the two completly crashed mid game in one of those freezes)

revolution looks mildly interesting.

Yeah i agree that Gamecube wasnt a pure letdown, Nintendo made a profit.

I enjoyed the cube, but i was let down at some points to learn some titles I wanted wernt coming to cube.

Saw an advert about this yesterday didn't really saw much pasrt from it was on at 5.25 on newsround meh

EDIT - Rev is winning now almost by 3% sweet

OOoo nice, im gonna watch this, just to see what the expressions are if Revo is top of the vote.

finally got to vote, had to turn of my firewall to do so.

Was pleasently surprised by the current count.

Nintendo Rev just surpassed the PS3 :D

"VOTE

Which console will come out on top?

Microsoft Xbox 360

16.24%

Nintendo Revolution

43.34%

Sony PlayStation 3

40.42%

17254 Votes Cast

Results are indicative and may not reflect public opinion"

Looking good so far

Microsoft Xbox 360

16.44%

Nintendo Revolution

44.74%

Sony PlayStation 3

38.82%

18676 Votes Cast

Results are indicative and may not reflect public opinion

Almost 6% ahead,im surprised at this

wow thats a huge surprise rev is on top.

my brothers friend who works in game apparently told him that the ps3 will cost £700-£1000 and the games £50-£100 i think. thats just crazy if true.

Thats a bit crazy for prices,isn't it suppose to be like £400-£500 for console,doubt the games would go up to £100 maybe around £60

i was just quoting what my brother told me, i agree the games wont go up to £100 thats just ridiculous, maybe like you said £60 maybe £70 at most, i think the console coudl go as high as £700/£800, thats just my opinion

Sony lost me, when my £300 (launch) PS2 broke after I had just purcahsed about 4 great games to play on it.. which now sit unappreciated.

I was a hardcore Sony gamer.. have been since the 1st day the PS1 launched with Wipeout.. but they lost me when the PSP got delayed 6 months but still didn't meet demand, launched with a piss poor selection of games and they still try and rip us off charging that much.

Nintendo came along with the DS and Mario Kart.. they announced the Revolution and I'm now a convert.. I haven't played Nintendo since the original GameBoy with Tetris and the NES. (i only had Mario Bros/Duck hunt)

I just can't afford the cool factor that Sony are selling anymore.

PS3 wont cost more than £500 and games wont cost more than £50. Simple as that.. but I have a sneaky suspicion that it will be about that.

Blu Ray movies? I'm happy with DVDs.. the quality is fine and I can't afford nor do I want a HD televison, seeing as they use up to 60% more electricity than a comparable standard definition television.

That's ethical use of electricity.. what happened to global warming?

Microsoft Xbox 360

16.39%

Nintendo Revolution

44.98%

Sony PlayStation 3

38.63%

18842 Votes Cast

HOLY FUDGE!

Yes after it's posted around on some Revolution forums it goes up almost 15%, how convincing.

I think Nintendo will take half share in Japan, a quarter share in America and a third in Europe.

But that could all go exponentially in favour of Nintendo if they crack the ice if the Blue Ocean.

Of course this is all up in the air.. whether Sony meet the November deadline.

Yea , few of us have and has confused me a bit aswell could be a really big typo

It wasnt that great as expected ,it wasnt bias towards MS and Sony and someone from Nintendo gave a quick description about the Rev conrol

Update:

Microsoft Xbox 360

15.85%

Nintendo Revolution

47.51%

Sony PlayStation 3

36.65%

20370 Votes Cast

Bloody hell! The revolution is pwning the PS3!

Bloody hell! The revolution is pwning the PS3!

Only because this poll was posted about on a number of Nintendo sites, including the official one, I'd imagine. Still, if they marketshare did end up reflecting this poll, I'd be very happy.

Poll is pointless now ,shows already been aired,suppose it's nice to see the rev winning for once

Kutaragi said himself that the PS3 wouldnt be for the household buyer and that it was more than a gaming machine.

Genious plan.....

*_*

Kutaragi said himself that the PS3 wouldnt be for the household buyer and that it was more than a gaming machine.

Genious plan.....

*_*

He's such an idiot. That's a big reason why the PSP has been underachieving in Japan (in comparison with the DS), because the PSP is just appealing to the male gamer. That's the problem when you try to make a console appealable (sp? appealible) to one particular audience...you alienate another.

Fact is, most people own a DVD player now, whats the point of having ridiculously expensive Blu-Ray?

PS3 a multi-media center, and its damned expensive to have it. Sony are using the games influence to try and boost this kind of thing.

revo has a big lead now its good they got alot of interest nearly 50% of votes now but i hope that theres alot of casual gamers out there that will go for the revo on the curiousity of the controller alone.

I voted for the revo as i will be at the door when it opens on the day to get one :)....didnt vote for the 360 as theres still no games i want for it...and the playstation i have never owned a playstation and prob never will cause i hate the controller

All my friends say about PS3 is best graphics.

They better be. In fact even Xbox360 better have the best graphics. That's the key factor of the development philosophy of Sony and MS. Fail that, and they lose the point of their existance.

That's why Revolution is in a completely different league in their development philosophy.

Sign in to follow this