NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Nintendork

Yeah they're not Revolution screens.

Sorry to get your hopes up, here's the scoop on the latest golf minisite.

It says that it is the Golf Revolution, which will be online enabled. It is a golf game that uses the innovative controller of the Revolution.

It also says that it is a port of the game that was released for PC last November

You can check the mini site here

It's safe to assume.. that the free hand controller will be used as a golf club then.. and that it's gonna be very similar to the PC game.

pangya01.jpg

Don't get your hopes up for real screens before E3 guys.. Perhaps we should move Christmas?

for those of you who are still interested in golf games (core who isn't?) then you can check some footage of the game here

Just thought I'd post it up before the storm of people start getting excited about it.

Looks fun! But I dunno, I might just be an old fashioned Nintendo fanatic and hold out for a Mario Golf... or another Nintendo made one. Sorry, but thats how it can be with Nintendo consoles.

Mario Golf is always a suprisingly solid experience y'know.. I remember playing quite hardcore on the GameBoy colour.

I'm not really into them.. I played Links and Woods for the Xbox. but they're just not inspiring experiences.

I'd rather play in real life to be blunt but if the game holds a good lifespan then it might raise an eyebrow.

I've always had a soft spot for golf games and Touch Golf on the DS is the best yet in my opinion - extremely underrated game, ultimately the touch screen way of playing makes the experience so much better then pressing A a couple of times. I can see the Revolution having an even better Golf game, or even a Revolution version of Touch Golf. This looks ok, pretty generic, but I dont care about screens - how does it play ie. with the controller

Looks nice :cool:

Yeah, it looks fun - I doubt I'll buy a golf game though, ever.

Super Monkey Ball golf was great fun with a few friends but I will never buy a pure golf simulation not even if it comes very close to real life golf. Golf is in my eyes so boring sport discipline that I will never ever understand people who like it.

This is a game the Revolution doesn't need.

i think itll be a great way to pull in some more people, golf fanatics maybe, simulating real life golf will probably appeal to others more than others of course, but if it appeals to those non gameres then nintendo are gonna be smiling. more hardware sold. i think i might get this game, i might not, if its relim not sure i only skimmed over it before and one of the videos isstill trying to load up after about 20 minutes. but if mario golf comes out then it would probably be more fun that a real life simulator. but i stand by my above satement if it brings more non gamers, then nintendo are in the fight.

When exactly is E3?

May 9th is the conference (my birthday :D) so yeah, E3 is 9th May +

from the vids I just watched looks alot like everybody's golf on the psp/ps2 and that seem to sell ok, so some people must like this kind of game, looks quite fun. like mario golf. The game might not even make it out of japan anyway. And if they don't use the controller as the club I will be very very shocked. Graphics and animations are quite nice too, rev should be even better though.

I'd definitly buy a golf game for revolution, but im not sure of that one.

I wanna see what EA can do first, they usually push the graphics alot so i think it'd be nice to see a very good looking golf game on revolution.

Obviously a golf game would be a major plus and stand out amongst all the inevitable shooters that will arive early on. I like the cute anime style of this one. I don't mind if it's a "realistic" golf game or not, or Mario related or whatever, but with the FHC functionality, it's going to need a decent physics model to be fun and challenging - that the ball will do what I think it's going to do with even the slightest changes in my swing and stroke. That's the sort of thing I will be looking for in these sorts of FHC interactive sports games now.

Obviously a golf game would be a major plus and stand out amongst all the inevitable shooters that will arive early on. I like the cute anime style of this one. I don't mind if it's a "realistic" golf game or not, or Mario related or whatever, but with the FHC functionality, it's going to need a decent physics model to be fun and challenging - that the ball will do what I think it's going to do with even the slightest changes in my swing and stroke. That's the sort of thing I will be looking for in these sorts of FHC interactive sports games now.

I've thought of that problem too, but no doubt the developers have thought that through too.

We'l have too see how specific these games are going to be soon, it wouldnt be fun if you constantly hit the ball the way you should would it?

Mario Golf will probably be simple, the hit will be determined by how hard you hit it. With EA Tiger Woods games it will be more complicated and more sim like.

It's a fine balance.. I think SSX hit the nail on the head.. a plain snowboarder like Shawn White's sold piss poor.. mainly because it was all too serious.

But SSX is a huge success because it's fun and takes a realistic game engine and turbo charges it.. I think for a game to be competitive and fun it needs to get the balance right.

I <3 SSX for the powerboosts and crazy tricks but I can also play a session with more realistic accents.

Golf that is a bit fun, but has a decent control scheme will do well in my books.. the all out simulators just aren't fun for me.

Though I do love Gran Turismo.

If the club-simulation is done well in a golf-game that would be a major step for bringin in new gamers... you probably see the rev in some heath-magazines for buisness-men... I have not the money to buy all the sports-games, so my first will be baseball i think(throwing/hitting), but if the fhc is really so cool i´m forced to buy a golfgame too...

Waiting for next friday, going crazy ....

Sign in to follow this