NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Stocka

The official G.R.A.W thread

I guess I need to go buy this tomorrow, then. Good thing I spent the majority of today scrounging up money from various sources.

Not had a single problem online with it yet. Been perfect.

Give it time, I'm not the only person I've heard of having problems with it.

I may play it tomorrow and it be fine, and it may fuck up for you tomorrow, but the bottom line is if it doesn't work perfectly for everybody all the time then it's fucked.

Give it time, I'm not the only person I've heard of having problems with it.

I may play it tomorrow and it be fine, and it may fuck up for you tomorrow, but the bottom line is if it doesn't work perfectly for everybody all the time then it's fucked.

I'm hoping we can all get some playtime down with this game, since a good few of us are getting it and it has a large co-op capacity online. Here's hoping any problems are patched quickly.

Yeah, Ubisoft can be pretty retarded in the online game depart. My friend, having enjoyed my bros. copy of Ghost Recon 2, got the Pakistan-based follow up (I forget the title) and had to take back to the store it was so unplayable. Until they get the nescerry patch out, (you know - that one that should be on the DISK) we all may as well lie around in a drunken stupor, scratching our testicles. You know it's all you need in life...

Ubisoft said they are going to update it with clan feature later, beacuse the Xbox 460 LIVE is not ready for the Clan feature. So they have to wait for LIVE to get updated or something like that. It was in an interview/chat with Ubisoft.

Im loving the game so far. I havent tried Live yet as I will probably get owned but the single player game is great. The start of the 2nd mission is great, especially if you are feeling trigger happy :hehe:

I played some 4player splittscreen yesterday.. it sucked.. bigtime.

I heard split screen was a joke, even with 2 players.

Did anyone else turd themselves on mission 3 when...

Your running towards the commander and the tank gets blown up. I had the sound pretty high and lost a couple of stone when that happened.

Did anyone else turd themselves on mission 3 when...

Your running towards the commander and the tank gets blown up. I had the sound pretty high and lost a couple of stone when that happened.

hehe... that was amazing :)

Has anyone done any of the co-op missions yet? I tried last night with a few people but we kept getting killed. If you want the awards you cant have respawn on and to make it worse if you usually have 8 people on the mission everyone gets major lag or kicked off.

Me, The3rdChildren, Jordan, Diemetrix, Domstercool and 2 others beat all of the Co-Op missions last night, including all of the side-missions. We had a host with a good upload speed so we had absolutely no problems, it was great fun.

We'll probably play some more tonight, if you want to tag along you're welcome to, just add me.

Me, Jordan, Meik, The3rdChildren, Peem ++ did them all yesterday :)

It was alot of fun. We had some problems getting it to work. We had to make Peem the Swed host becuase he has such good Bandwith.

Update:

you beat me to it Meik :(

Yea, I tried to join but kept getting the "CANNOT CONNECT TO SERVER" error. It happens in PDZ all the time, too. Anyone else pissed off/know how to fix this?

We'll probably play some more tonight, if you want to tag along you're welcome to, just add me.

time yous playing ? i havnt done any of them yet

Yea, I tried to join but kept getting the "CANNOT CONNECT TO SERVER" error. It happens in PDZ all the time, too. Anyone else pissed off/know how to fix this?

Buy a new router.

Buy a new router.

I shouldn't have to if I can connect fine to every other game. It's pissing me off now.

I shouldn't have to if I can connect fine to every other game. It's pissing me off now.

try and update the firmware if you can

As I said earlier, this is the only game that makes me want to buy an xbox 360...and maybe PGR3 actually.

Anyways, I'm just curious. Is GRAW more of a strategic shooter or is it action orientated? Looks quite strategic to me but I've never actaully played the game...so you know...:heh:

But is it actually THAT amazing, that I need to get it instantely?

As I said earlier, this is the only game that makes me want to buy an xbox 360...and maybe PGR3 actually.

Anyways, I'm just curious. Is GRAW more of a strategic shooter or is it action orientated? Looks quite strategic to me but I've never actaully played the game...so you know...:heh:

If it's anything like Ghost Recon 2 (:heart: which was great:heart: ) it actually treads a nice middle line between both. There's lots of stuff like covering fire, ducking out from behind cover and pinpoint sniping, but there's also a dash of running around with all guns blazing, chucking ineefectual grenades around and screaming "n00b" (especially in the online VS). The detailed but deceptively simple level design and mision objectives also mean that most situations can get quite tactical, but usally boil down to simply shooting and exploding stuff. Imagine if Counter Strike and Full Spectrum Warrior got drunk and ended up having a desprate fumble with each other in a dark cupboard full of millitary gadgets at the annual Tom Clancy meet: this would probably be their illigitamet child.

Sign in to follow this