N-Europe

Books

Atomic Boo

I really enjoyed the Halo series of books, especially the first one 'The Fall of Reach'. I use to read alot of the Resident Evil and Diablo books as well.

I also like reading Autobiographies on Wrestlers; one really good one I read reciently was 'Adam Copeland on Edge' very good read.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished Bill Bryson's Neither Here Nor There last night. Wasn't too impressed really.. few laughs, not as much as I'd have hoped for. All in all not really my kind of book, I didn't buy it so all is well.

Just started reading The Alchemist by Paul Coelho. I'm finding it very enjoyable.. read the whole of part one and only stopped to hunt for food. I don't think it will take me too long to finish this.

I have to say LOTR trilogy are my favourite books. Read em twice. Bought The Silmarillion but for some reason never finished it, it's more of an acount of the earlier ages than story.

His Dark Materials are also very good books. Thoroughly enjoyed them.

I really enjoyed the Halo series of books, especially the first one 'The Fall of Reach'. I use to read alot of the Resident Evil and Diablo books as well.

I also like reading Autobiographies on Wrestlers; one really good one I read reciently was 'Adam Copeland on Edge' very good read.

The halo books wern't to bad, the space fights were the best, the rest felt a little to cheesy.

Mick Foley's is so good I read it twice, maybe three times. His books rock so hard, I have 'Foley Is Good' somewhere, I remember I didn't get into it at first but it's still on the same level of awesomeness as the autobiography, which is probably my fave book ever.

Have I actually misread the whole thread or have we only got two people reccomending the Dark Tower?? And one reccomending Stephen King in general?

Everyone must experience the quest for the Tower.

It doesnt just encompass volumes I-VII, its everything King has ever written so now is the time to get cracking my gunslinging friends.

Oh yes, Dark Tower is incredible. My only hope is that they never make it in a movie or a series, because I want it to be in my head. They probably fuck it up when the film it.

And yes, it compasses all of Stephen Kings work. Technically, it compasses everything in the world, fake stories and real happenings.

SPOILER BOOK 7 ----

Anyone catched the Twin Tower stuff where 13 is stored in book 7, before 9/11?

SPOILER BOOK 7 ----

Anyone catched the Twin Tower stuff where 13 is stored in book 7, before 9/11?

Yeah I noticed that, its full of wee touches. Do you ever visit the forums for it? I joined ages and ages ago but hardly ever post, the people there are even more obsessed than I ever thought I was.

Anyone got any favourite moments or things they hated that they'd like to share?