Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Nice 'secret' theory read...

Migraine

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wall projection thing is crap. That would mean having to stick the controller sensors on the wall. And then if the Rev gets knocked and it gets out of alignment. You'd have to stop playing and fiddle around with its position to get it back to normal.

Again for the projection believers who seem to miss/ignore my previous post:

When we met with NOA's Reggie Fils-Aime at DICE 2006, he explained that he had been lugging around a Revolution unit to show to various publisher and developer partners. He noted that he had hooked the unit up to just about every type of television - big, small, high-definition and even some junker in his hotel room - and that it always just worked. No fuss. No time-consuming fiddling.

They are using NORMAL TVs.

I remember seeing a video of something similar to this.

It was a German guy doing a presentation with his 3D projectors, and he kept on talking about how his technology is being used by car manufacturers and the like. It was really cool, but nothing like the "matchbox" this guy was talking about.

Actually projects are quite bad for playing games I think.. my friend was telling me where the radar was on halo it effectively left some kind of burn/wear mark from where it is constantly rotating.

He had a professional set up for his home cinema and merely hooked up his xbox.

Projectors aren't 'new' technology.. they just hook up to a standard TV port.

3D projectors are unlikely.. TVs are what they want to use.

The only thing Iwata and Miyamoto were trying to say that they wanted to get rid of sitting still with a dumb piece of plastic in your hand, not getting rid of the TV altogether.

And what does a projector add to it anyway (except for a launch price of $400)?

Everyone watch the original controller video again from TGS 2005.

Skip to round about the middle, where the nun-chuck appears. Look at everyone's eyes from that moment on, they are looking all over the room, not where a TV would be, especially on the shooting ones. Whether they're actually playing a game or not is debateable, there's no way of telling. Then at the end where you see the TV, the Revolution is pointing exactly at the TV, a projector would be pointing exactly at the point you would want to be playing it. The TV was off when you saw it, the Revolution controller would turn the Revo off, not the TV. I think the Revo was projecting the image onto the TV, or the white wall behind it.

Projection in mid air is (as far as i know) impossible

It's do-able, it costs stupid amounts of money though.

Gorillaz have it for their tour, they have the characters animated on stage in 3D.

Also at Disney land Paris and perhaps in America (knowing it is bigger therfore better) in the ghost house they have 3D projection in air of ghosts.

To get a ghostly effect they use smoke.. I was more interested in the tech than the effects, I could clearly see 3 projectors triangulated on one point for the ghosts to be projected.

As far as a gaming system? to get a depth required in any 3D space game you'd need a huge setup and it's be hugely expensive. That is presuming the system can work 'on the line' these shows are merely pre-recorded settings that can be tweaked over months in labs.

It's quite nice, it's very star wars-esque the way they communicate in the films, personally I think it would be fun to play tetris on.. but not much more.

Skip to round about the middle, where the nun-chuck appears. Look at everyone's eyes from that moment on, they are looking all over the room, not where a TV would be, especially on the shooting ones. Whether they're actually playing a game or not is debateable, there's no way of telling. Then at the end where you see the TV, the Revolution is pointing exactly at the TV, a projector would be pointing exactly at the point you would want to be playing it. The TV was off when you saw it, the Revolution controller would turn the Revo off, not the TV. I think the Revo was projecting the image onto the TV, or the white wall behind it.

I allways thought it was strange that the revolution was pointing towards the TV and not the player.

Exactly.

LookMomNoPowerCables.jpg

Whether they're actually playing a game or not is debateable, there's no way of telling.

I can field this one - they're not doing anything more than being paid to look like they're having fun. What looks exciting to someone watching an advert? It's certainly not this.

harrow_arena.jpg

Take a look at the feature on the DS in the new Official Nintendo Magazine. The people holding DSes are doing just that - holding them. The machines are off. The photographer's handed them a DS each and said "Look like you're having fun".

Sigh.

I know the idea of alternative displays sounds attractive but really, what does it improve over normal displays?

Also, how can you use the teaser as a reliable source? It's not as though they were actually playing games in it, you know.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!