N-Europe

Stand is the power supply?

Smowza

just got the new nom and on page 76 they have a picture of a white rev above it's docking stand and they clearly state that the stand acts as a power supply. Not sure if this was confirmed before but i didnt know till now (although i did suspect)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would make sense and it does sound familiar - It makes the console smaller and allows it to stand up straight, and if you want to have it flat down then you probably won't be able to see it (A bit like the N64 one that plugged in). I hope they improve the stand a bit though, I think its quite ugly though the size of it would be explained if it has the power pack inside - I suppose its no uglier than having a big black thing midway down your plug socket :)

Yeah, I'd prefer to have the choice between standing the Revo up and having it flat.. I'd rather have it flat down even though standing it would take up less room, but if it turns out that the stand is needed then it could be worse really.

edit - replying to the post below here rather than posting yet again :P I'm quite bored so I'm just on here 24hrs a day hehe:

The Revo we've seen so far isn't the final version as Nintendo have said, so they could very easily change it so the stand can be a power supply. Though, the more I think about it, the less likely I think it will be.

The system can be displayed horizontally or vertically with or without the stand, there are no ports of electronics in the stand, it's merely plastic.

The powersupply is a standard power supply you've probably seen on your PSone/two.

Figure of 8 design, it will be a cable plugged into that so it can be moved around without the need for the stand.

000431309_0006_1_source.jpg patent.

Apology if I've misunderstood you.. but I'm not sure what this magazine is on about.

Because the stand is just decorative..?

I think this magazine needs to proof read.

It is bad design, the Revolution is already very portable.. Miyamoto had it in his jacket pocket at TGS.

Taking a bloody stand if anything makes it less portable.

Why would it have rubber feet if it wasn't intended to be used without the stand as well?

Everyone slips up from time to time, but if you see in the photo the only connection could be on the 45 degree bit in the corner.

From a design point of view it would be awkward to engineer a power supply at that angle, and inefficient use of space.

The systems cords will all come out at 90 degrees i think. The stand is just plastic.

What it is though is a very very nice piece of plastic.. and will hopefully mean people will customise it just like 360 faceplates.

I'll be spray painting mine up.

Maybe you can connect the supply to the stand AND the Revolution so they can both pass through the power.

Wait, that doesn't make sense at all.

Maybe you can put the Rev horizontally and use the docking station as the power supply (and put it with the rest of the wires)?

In recent pics we all saw the power suply entry in Rev case, so I was wondering if thah base would work like an UPS to prevent losing saves or something like this. (I hate when the lights goes off and I lose all my current position in a game - imagine 4hours in zelda wasted like that to have an idea...)