N-Europe

Yakuza Kiwami on Switch (24th October 2024)

Julius

YOU NOW HAVE NO EXCUSES TO NOT PLAY THESE GAMES! 

The Yakuza series is coming to Nintendo Switch for the first time on October 24 with Yakuza Kiwami! Take the fall for a murder and emerge from prison 10 years later to yakuza clans on the brink of a war that hurtles you on an intense journey of love, humanity, and betrayal, fueled by your fists and unyielding resolve, set against a bustling red-light district in modern day Japan.

...is what I would say if they weren't starting with Kiwami instead of 0. What?! 

The Prime series releases the day after on the 25th, so I guess it's down to that, but damn, what a strange decision! 

7 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Game is a budget release at only $20. Still baffled why they didn't port 0 first.

I think it's because of the Prime Video series premiering the following day, it's the only reason that makes any sense

Still a stupid decision though :laughing:

Can’t help but feel this is too little too late.  Would’ve probably have been better off just porting the whole series as a big collection during the Switch 2 launch window.

Let’s hope they don’t use its commercial failure as an excuse to not port the rest of the series afterwards now.  Cant help but feel that we’re looking at another Yakuza 1&2 Wii U Set-Up-To-Fail situation here.

6 hours ago, Julius said:

...is what I would say if they weren't starting with Kiwami instead of 0. What?! 

The Prime series releases the day after on the 25th, so I guess it's down to that, but damn, what a strange decision! 

I'm actually happy they went with this one because I've played through all of Zero on PS4 and barely started this one so I'll maybe play it on Switch instead!

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/27/2024 at 3:44 PM, Julius said:

raw&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=959d0c5403558fa7928ba

I have actually played one of the games (no idea) for a bit. Which was fine for me because I'd never have the time to finish one but it was fun to beat some people up and dance...? A bar was involved. Maybe karaoke. 

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

raw&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=959d0c5403558fa7928ba

I have actually played one of the games (no idea) for a bit. Which was fine for me because I'd never have the time to finish one but it was fun to beat some people up and dance...? A bar was involved. Maybe karaoke. 

You've just described every single Yakuza game. You aren't giving us a lot to go on. :D

• Haha 1