N-Europe

Emio - The Smiling Man: Famicom Detective Club

Dcubed

Maybe they’ll finally put the other FDC games on sale to help promote this?  Hey, I can but hope. I’m keen to play them but my backlog is still so large I need a really good reason to justify buying them…

• 4 weeks later...

Free demo dropping on 20th August (Tuesday) with the opening chapters of the game, and additional chapters being added on 23rd and 28th before the full release on 29th August – and yes, you can carry your progress from the demo over to the full game! 

Lovely stuff! 

Edited by Julius

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't seen one of these in a while... But we have a new Not-Iwata-Asks Ask The Developer interview to go along with this game!

https://www.nintendo.com/en-gb/News/2024/August/Ask-the-Developer-Vol-12-Emio-The-Smiling-Man-Famicom-Detective-Club-Chapter-1-2637237.html

Interestingly, it turns out that the FDC Remakes only happened because MAGES were able to successfully pitch the project to Nintendo with a fully animated prototype, which in turn allowed Sakamoto to pitch a brand new FDC game afterwards (and yes, MAGES have also co-developed Emio).  The possibility of getting a FDC remake or new game greenlit hadn't even crossed Sakamoto's mind until MAGES came hard at Nintendo with their prototype, by some miracle succeeded with their pitch, and opened up the door for Sakamoto to get involved.

Also, the game's co-producer Kaori Miyachi (who was also co-writer alongside Sakamoto) only first played the FDC games for the first time when they came out on the 3DS VC! :D

Edited by Dcubed