N-Europe

Nikoderiko: The Magical World (David Wise!)

Key Features

• Cooperative Modes – Enjoy single-screen couch cooperative play, bringing friends and family together for a shared gaming experience.
  • Music – Legendary David Wise (known for his iconic compositions in classic platformers) arranged ALL the music for the game!
  • Family Gaming – Nikoderiko: The Magical World is for all ages, and offers a magical, mysterious, and festive experience.
  • Mounts – Collect and summon playable animal friends with unique abilities, serving as both helpful rides for Niko and Luna and valuable allies in battle.
  • Worlds – Explore unique worlds with lovable characters, friendly areas, epic bosses and various gameplay themes such as minecarts, chase levels and underwater adventures. Each world features iconic landmarks and unique boss-themed areas.

A few things for the Switch emerged during this "E3 weekend", Nikoderiko: The Magical World is down for 2024 and is one that stands out not just because it looks like Tail Spin and the Lion King, but because David Wise is doing the music. :bowdown: Definitely one to keep tabs on to see how it turns out. 

Not seeing an eShop page for it as yet.

• Thanks 1

Aww yeah! We got David Wise doing our music! How do we capitalise on this pedigree? By using a god-awful pop-esque song in the trailer! GENIUS!

Other then that, it does look pretty decent. Not shy about wearing it's gameplay inspiration on it's sleeve, but that's fine.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

This looks like Crash Bandicoot crossed with Donkey Kong Country... interesting.

Nice trailer, shame about the music, but at least the real in-game soundtrack shouldl be a lot better, due to the involvement of David Wise.

I noticed it states 'arranged by' and not 'composed by. though... either way, this looks like it should turn out pretty well.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Not shy about wearing it's gameplay inspiration on it's sleeve, but that's fine.

Yeah if you click through the gameplay video you can very much see it is from the DKC Returns mould. 

17 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

This looks like Crash Bandicoot crossed with Donkey Kong Country... interesting.

Nice trailer, shame about the music, but at least the real in-game soundtrack shouldl be a lot better, due to the involvement of David Wise.

I noticed it states 'arranged by' and not 'composed by. though... either way, this looks like it should turn out pretty well.

For a second I was reminded of an old freebie Tony the Tiger PC game too. :laughing:

See what you're getting at with the possible "arranged by" technicality. For what it's worth, at the end of the gameplay video they say "the music IS David Wise" and on Wikipedia it says "Original music" which is the same as, for example, has been put for DKC Returns. Although, the citation is the arranged by quote so maybe we'll just have to keep an ear to the ground until it's clear exactly what Wise has and hasn't done for this one.

• Thanks 1

This is literally We Have Donkey Kong Country Returns At Home, just with a couple of Crash knockoff bonus levels thrown in for good measure.

I'm always up for a quality platformer though and, butt ugly character designs aside, this looks pretty promising.

Will be keeping an eye on this one :)

2 hours ago, Dcubed said:

This is literally We Have Donkey Kong Country Returns At Home, just with a couple of Crash knockoff bonus levels thrown in for good measure.

I spotted a Howard the Duck x Yoshi's Island mashup which I hope I can remember about to find out if it's any good when it comes out.