N-Europe

Astro Bot (6th September 2024)

Julius

Fantastic write-up @Hero-of-Time, loved reading through your post :bowdown: as much as I love to read and watch reviews from a lot of different places and see this game getting such high scores on review aggregate sites, there will always something special about reading a post here on N-E which gets you pumped to play a game, so thanks for taking the time to post those thoughts :hug: that it gets me more hyped to play a game that I already own is the cherry on top of it all

I would respond to particulars but I'm only 2ish hours in and, uh...kind of want to go play the game right now :bouncy:

32 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

If it's the one I'm thinking of....the remixed theme. 😍

My ears are ready

EDIT: damn it, didn't want to start a new page at that point! Go back a page and read H-o-T's awesome thoughts on the game you silly people! 

Edited by Julius

Had to stop playing since the game drained my controller battery.

The Gorilla nebula is 100% done and the level after the boss was great. I've been hoping for a new Ape Escape game for years but i know it's not going to happen. So this was a nice compromise.

The harder shorter levels are fun too, they're a challenge without being too frustraiting, you get some nice bots at the end of them though.

I got some mouse looking bot in the the shrinking level and i have no idea who that is...

• Like 1

I've come to my first niggle and it's those monkey hands, they sometimes just don't want to reach for that next rung on the ladder. Sometimes it does, sometimes I wiggle about and somehow it magically decides it can reach, other times I've had to try dropping and hovering for that extra lift, which I don't think is what the solution was meant to be.

Missed one warp in the gorilla galaxy, but will nip back for that later. It was a surprise when I found the first one it kicks you out the level and you have to redo, which is how I came across the 200 cost bird, which was a nice touch as I had missed something earlier on, but then when I got to the part of the level I hadn't reached, it kinda spoiled it for me. Here's hoping you can toggle it off if needed.

I've had to rage quit against Captain Pincher. It just isn't working for me. I've watched 2 YouTube videos where they climb effortlessly up his ribs and I can't make it up 2 bits before it stops reaching out.

Edit 2- replaying the level for the initial puzzle piece and getting the monkey again, I see what I was missing...

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

My physical copy just arrived. I'll just keep this sealed, the disk isn't rattling around so thats a good sign.

Shopto put this stupid sticker with your address and stuff on the wrap though so i can't really see the back of the box.

1 hour ago, martinist said:

I got some mouse looking bot in the the shrinking level and i have no idea who that is...

That would be...

Of Mice and Men

Spoiler

...Moss, of Moss (PSVR) and Moss: Book II fame! 

swt7dmZN9nmnHZaQGdV6kB5U.png

1 hour ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

I've come to my first niggle and it's those monkey hands, they sometimes just don't want to reach for that next rung on the ladder. Sometimes it does, sometimes I wiggle about and somehow it magically decides it can reach, other times I've had to try dropping and hovering for that extra lift, which I don't think is what the solution was meant to be.

Yeah, for me the monkey hands in Playroom were one of the weaker power-ups, and it's probably the most slowed down I feel by any of the power-ups in this game so far. I do love that it has a use besides climbing, now, though, and it is just a very little niggle for me. Kind of praying it doesn't turn up in a major way in the later levels, though, it was that and the rolling speedrun levels in Playroom which dragged my overall time down...

I find I basically kind of have to "dig" with the controller like I'm tracing an infinity symbol with the triggers to climb somewhat accurately/at a normal pace unless I hold it up so that I'm looking at it face-on. Reminds me a little of some experiences back on the Wii. 

1 hour ago, martinist said:

My physical copy just arrived. I'll just keep this sealed, the disk isn't rattling around so thats a good sign.

ShopTo put this stupid sticker with your address and stuff on the wrap though so i can't really see the back of the box.

Yeah, mine arrived first thing this morning too – how typical :laughing: rather than send it back, seeing as I'd just buy a physical copy when it's on sale anyways and the planet is on fire as it is, so I think I'll just claim the £5 from the release date or compensate thing. 

But yeah the sticker is stupid for sure, think I've still got mine on my physical copy of GT7 from back when I picked up the digital version for that too :p

100%'d the Tentacle System, loved that final level. Was not expecting to hear a certain track today, so I was momentarily choked up :p

All of those Dual Speeder skins need to become actual DualSense colours, by the way. Of the ones I've unlocked so far, that Snowglow one is lovely, so fingers crossed it can become a reality, eh? :D