Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

1000xRESIST (Switch, Steam)

Posted (edited)

Anyone else seen this game making the rounds lately? It's gotten quite a few great reviews, and after playing through 3 chapters, I can see why. Utterly intriguing, and I can't wait to delve deeper.

It's a narrative-driven game, with some light puzzle solving elements. Kinda? I'm not entirely sure, it's strange, and trippy, and has people who previously worked in Theatre and Performance Art working on it, aiming to tell a story that only the medium of games can tell.

Runs great on Switch too! 60 FPS with only slight dips from time to time.

I know I posted the trailer above, but if this remotely interests you, I'd recommend trying to go in blind. It's £16.75, but it's 10% off at the moment.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Yeah, from what I’ve seen of him playing it; it’s really cool so far.

If you’re into abstract sci-fi with an intentionally disjointed and cryptic narrative structure that’s grounded in real world allegory and family drama, as well as experimental art-house theatre; and you like games like Zero Escape or AI: The Somnium Files that mix the VN and puzzle genres, I reckon you’ll get a kick out of this one :hehe:

Edited by Dcubed

18 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Anyone else seen this game making the rounds lately?

Haven't heard of it so it looks like I'm not hobnobbing in these highfalutin circles. :( 

Looks like it could be all right. Making a mental note to be on the lookout for "Glen-i's game with a Pokémon move name" in the January sales.

• 4 weeks later...