NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
darksnowman

Pokémon Legends: Z-A (2025)

GHWXVV5XwAEYitJ

Pokémon Legends: Z-A, an ambitious new entry to the Pokémon video game series, will be released simultaneously worldwide on Nintendo Switch in 2025. An exciting new adventure awaits players within Lumiose City, where an urban redevelopment plan is underway to shape the city into a place that belongs to both people and Pokémon.

Announced at todays Pokémon Presents.

Edited by darksnowman
additional info

"Releasing simultaneously worldwide in 2025".

A rather odd choice of words. Are Z and A two different games, or is there something else its releasing simultaneously with?

18 minutes ago, Cube said:

"Releasing simultaneously worldwide in 2025".

A rather odd choice of words. Are Z and A two different games, or is there something else its releasing simultaneously with?

It means a worldwide simultaneous release... as has been standard for the series since Pokemon X/Y.

As for the name ZA? It's probably a reference to the character AZ who appeared in the original X/Y...

XY_AZ.png

It's been 3,000 years... bet you forgot my name!

This game will probably cover his backstory and the whole Pokemon War nonsense that they desperately tried to make into an interesting story in X/Y; but fell flat on their face doing so.

It'll be also interesting to see what content that was originally intended for the cancelled Pokemon Z will be showing up here...

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 2

https://www.n-europe.com/news/pokemon-presents-roundup/

Roundup, which is a cut-down version of the press release without the jargon and garbage. Weirdly the press release doesn't mention the Pokémon Sleep stuff. I also mentioned how the series making its Netflix debut is already out here in the UK. 

Edited by Josh64
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Set entirely within Lumiose City you say? Does that mean that this isn't a horrible open world game, and that it'll have a reasonable scope with handcrafted world design? Oh Arceus, please be true! :D

Edited by Dcubed

That is an absolutely terrible trailer.

And Z-A is a terrible title (but brings us back around very nicely to Gen VI's focus on endings and beginnings). 

But! Hype? Kind of. 

Of all the games I've played X and Y felt the most barren, and Kalos genuinely deserved a third version rather than just hamfisting Zygarde into Sun & Moon. Lumiose is such a great city in Pokémon and it felt like there should have been so much more to do there, so I'm very intrigued by the idea of a Legends game set entirely in one spot. Shady alleyways? Rooftops? Could see this being the first Pokémon game in a minute with *actual *exploration** based purely on the setting. I also just can't wait to have another Legends game to play around in, seeing as I really enjoyed Arceus. 

On the other hand, though, what is up with Unova being shafted and skipped? Have they just accepted that another trip to Kalos was needed way more than some poor and misguided attempt to return to Unova? In which case: release the games on Switch already you [Pilo]swines!!! 

I can't see there being much wild Pokémon battling in a city though, unless it's all Rattata and Pidgeys and nothing else.

3 hours ago, bob said:

I can't see there being much wild Pokémon battling in a city though, unless it's all Rattata and Pidgeys and nothing else.

Or Vulpix

Yeah. That was a minimalistic reveal to say the least! I hope there's at least some nature in the game, otherwise catching Pokémon is going to be ... not so interesting - though I hope there's a live Gyarados in a fountains in the game.

Also.. the title. Z-A like end to beginning, or will there be a Z-B?

Not much to go by but I'm curious and I enjoyed Legends: Arceus very much (though it outstayed its welcome in the end).

Yeah that trailer is a bit meh. But the biggest visual issue of Scarlet and Violet was the horrible textures so it's nice to see they've fixed that by simply not having any textures at all. 

• Haha 2

Very cautious about this. On one hand. Legends had a crap world, and a crap battle system.

On the other hand, Mega Evolution's back!? OH HELL YEAH!

Of course, it'll probably be tied to this game, and I bet I'll hate it. Expecting to be thoroughly Monkey Paw'd.

Also, that title means it's obviously looking into that AZ dude. It couldn't be anything else.

Edited by Glen-i

10 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Also, that title means it's obviously looking into that AZ dude. It couldn't be anything else.

Actually it's short for Zaddy as the main protagonist is this guy:

professor_turo.png

Sign in to follow this