N-Europe

Your 2024 Gaming Diary

I haven't started Pikmin 4 yet (other than playing through the demo last year) and I was tempted to dig into it but I ended up going with Pikmin 1 for now.

I'm not sure what the time would be for me, ultimately, but I had heard about Pikmin 4 maybe being 30-40 hours somehow and I haven't felt ready for that sort of commitment yet 😅

2 hours ago, nekunando said:

I haven't started Pikmin 4 yet (other than playing through the demo last year) and I was tempted to dig into it but I ended up going with Pikmin 1 for now.

I'm not sure what the time would be for me, ultimately, but I had heard about Pikmin 4 maybe being 30-40 hours somehow and I haven't felt ready for that sort of commitment yet 😅

Yeah, it's a definite time sink. I still go back and forth as to whether I enjoyed it or not. :D Pikmin 3 is still my favourite though.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, it's a definite time sink. I still go back and forth as to whether I enjoyed it or not. :D Pikmin 3 is still my favourite though.

Pikmin 3 looks and feels so great that it's impossible to argue. Was absolutely gutted the pointer controls in Pikmin 1 and 2 weren't carried over directly!

Interested to see how Luigi's Mansion 2 goes. I didn't completely love it on 3DS!

6 hours ago, nekunando said:

Interested to see how Luigi's Mansion 2 goes. I didn't completely love it on 3DS!

I remember struggling with the structure when I first played it. I'm sure I found the missions far too long. I think it won me over in the end. Like Pikmin, the 3rd game is by far my favourite.

23 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I remember struggling with the structure when I first played it. I'm sure I found the missions far too long. I think it won me over in the end. Like Pikmin, the 3rd game is by far my favourite.

Ah.. we definitely differ there on Luigi's Mansion 3!

I was impressed visually but I wasn't entirely enthused throughout. I remember thinking it was a bit 'ploddy, ploddy, suck, suck' at the time and that wording has never left my thoughts about it 😅

The GameCube original was the perfect length with the right amount of exploration and variety. Plus, it felt incredible with the controller!

Unfortunately, more recent Nintendo controllers haven't been able to replicate that feeling even though I love the Joy-Con so much!

• Like 1