NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

New Shinobi (date and platforms: TBC)

Never played any of those series' games...

Are these actually new games or just the old games with new graphics?

Yeah, if that isn't LizardCube doing Shinonbi, I'll be shocked!

Fits their MO to a tee. Long dormant Sega IP? Absolutely drop-dead gorgeous visuals? Yup, that's them.

Not gonna lie though, I'm more hyped for Crazy Taxi. I hope that's good.

On 08/12/2023 at 7:56 AM, drahkon said:

Not currently confirmed. 

I'm sure there are people more familiar with the games that would be able to look at the footage and spot new stuff (kind of like Happenstance has) but we've had no official word from Sega AFAIK.

• Thanks 1

I don’t recognise anything from a previous Shinobi title.  I’m pretty sure it’s all new.

On 12/8/2023 at 7:56 AM, drahkon said:

Never played any of those series' games...

The SegaSammy press release seems keen to call these new titles, as does the pdf on the same page, which goes on to break down in shareholder speak what their plans are. The official site for the Next Level initiative also labels these as being new games. 

They do say words like "reimagining"/"reimagined" once or twice, but, I mean, I think that just applies whenever an old IP shows back up years removed (it's also probably my least favourite buzzword to use when doing so, I think it's very lazy in it's ambiguity :p)

If these were old games only being revised with new graphics, a few days removed from the show now, I think we almost certainly would've had someone make a breakdown video of certain shots being 1:1 and so on. 

:peace:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I mean, every screen from classic Shinobi I've ever seen contained none of the precise platforming you could see in these short clips. Safe to say it's a new title.

Looks pretty good, too. Considering this is a series that passed me by the side, maybe I'll finally play something from it.

Sign in to follow this