N-Europe

Football Season 2023/24

darksnowman

I was actually thinking about subscribing after seeing they had it as I used to like watching a lot of their tech and science shows but after having a quick look and seeing Mythbusters isn't there I think I'll pass. 

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

Off to a great start

Very embarrassing from a security perspective

Anyways, excited for this! Would love to see a Dortmund win but Real just seem inevitable

Embarrassing from Kobel to go down like that after the challenge from Vini (which he had EVERY right to go for), the replays aren't particularly kind to him either

Hummels and Schlotterbeck were immense that half, with Madrid not really getting much of a look in, but it's hard to not come away from it feeling like Dortmund will be regretting not putting the ball in the back of the net at least once. Second half Real Madrid in Champions League finals are often a different beast. 

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

Ref is an absolute embarrassment.

Seriously! Always shocks me when the good performances from refs in the semis rarely seem to be rewarded with a chance to ref the final, not the first time it's happened at a UEFA tournament mind you. 

As soon as Dortmund lazily gave that corner away with the deflection it took as they slowly wandered away from their goal you just knew that something was coming. 

Turn off for a second in a final and you're screwed. Even more so against Madrid. Really poor from them. 

Again Dortmund had their heads down and turned off. Completely lost concentration, and the pressure has been mounting from Madrid. 

Smart and obvious pass from Bellingham, textbook for what you should do, another goal for Vini in a CL final even if he held it a moment longer than everyone probably wanted him to. 

Going to be surprised if Real don't score a third at this point. 

Been rumblings of this the last few days, and now it's official: Jose Mourinho will be taking the reins at Fenerbahçe next season. 

So, I guess it's probably not a good idea to visit Istanbul any time over the next few years... :p

Posted (edited)

It's finally official: Julian Mbappé is joining Real Madrid. 

Hilariously, this announcement was leaked earlier today, thanks to Mbappe's personal agent, Macron:

Edited by Julius

• 2 weeks later...

Edin Terzic has been let go by Dortmund:

There was all that Hummels drama before the UCL final, so it seems like they've rolled over a bit. Shame. Would love to see him in England, he seems to be destined for silverware. 

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Whatever happened with this vote?

Clubs voted 19-1 in favour of keeping it. I now look forward to watching interviews next season of managers kicking off that it still doesn't work. :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Whatever happened with this vote?

Clubs voted by 19-1 in favour of VAR staying next season (source). 

That one club was Wolves, who were the ones to initiate the proposal :p

• Like 1