NEurope
Julius

Another Code Recollection (19th January 2024)

9 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Would have thought you'd have done your due diligence with the Wii game back in the day.

Nah. In fact I think it's still sealed.

I would say crack it open but I think you've enough willpower to wait it out now for the Switch release. I've several on the Wii, such as Battalion Wars 2, that have suffered the same fate. Be able to retire on these things any year now.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I can't remember a thing about the original game and have yet to play the sequel, despite owning it for a number of years. This may be my first gaming purchase of the year. I would pick it up eventually but I imagine it will have a very small print run. 

Oh no, don't say that... I was going to pass it up, and maybe pick it up later, now I'm thinking of buying it 'just in case' to play at an 'unspecified date' between now and never. :laughing:

Edit - I ordered it... happy? :p Good!

Edited by S.C.G
  • Haha 2

I'm pretty sure it's new news: these were developed by Arc System Works! Ya know, the predominantly 2D fighter guys behind Guilty Gear, Double Dragon and Dragon Ball FighterZ?! 

Arc System Works Co., Ltd. was in charge of the development of the software "Another Code Recollection: Two Memories / Door of Memory" for Nintendo Switch TM, which was released today.

twist-m-night-shamalan.gif

Didn't see that coming..like, at all!

Always love those times I find myself surprised to learn the developers behind a game :D but seriously, what a get! It certainly seem like an inspired choice, at least when it comes to their approach to the art style; their games pretty much always look great! 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

If we'd put our heads together we maybe would have wondered if it were them because of the Cold Case game on 3DS.

• Thanks 2

OK, yeah. Never would have guessed that.

Which wacko at Nintendo decided to commission that project!?

That’s… not who I would’ve expected!

Though I suppose it isn’t too crazy a choice of developer, considering that ASW have their own detective series of games (Jake Hunter); I’d imagine it’s the Jake Hunter staff who would’ve been working on this.

On 19/01/2024 at 5:26 AM, darksnowman said:

If we'd put our heads together we maybe would have wondered if it were them because of the Cold Case game on 3DS.

...You know what? Makes perfect sense. This is probably the team that's mostly made up of former Cing staff.

They live! :yay:

Edited by Jonnas
"former", not "forming"
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What's the here consensus on the remake? I just played through these this week, having played through the DS original once back at launch and the Wii sequel once in 2016, and despite being a bit rough in places I thought it was a really good job by Arcsys. The design of  Ashley and most of the other main characters look great, there are some lovely looking visuals at times across both games, but the environments sometimes leave a lot to be desired. In the open spaces of the second game especially the textures of the buildings and landscapes can be quite flat and blurry - they wouldn't look out of place in a budget PS2 game. The voice acting can also be a bit hit and miss, characters like Ashley are great but some of the others feel a bit phoned in. Overall though it's a big upgrade over the originals, hope that it manages to sell reasonably well as it would be great to get another entry down the line - there's definitely scope to catch up with Ashley 10 years later (or they could just give the Hotel Dusk games the same treatment)

• Thanks 1